Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preview Clip of Vinyl Scratch being Vinyl Scratch

Andaasonsan

Very cute and funny at times, and even some of the animation was good, but definitely that shot of the CMC running at the camera. Anytime the humans are running at the camera in EQG is nightmare-inducing.

It's probably a good idea to keep Vinyl silent in the movie. I don't want to live in a world where the official voice for Vinyl isn't Nowacking. Then again, if they keep her silent, it doesn't really fit in with the personality we developed for her, does it? Dang it, we lose either way

Yeah, I saw that on EQD. Pretty cool. I'm confused though, if this is actually going to be in the movie, or is just sort of an advertising thing? Idk. But I do like how they still didn't give her a voice! XD

I like this video because it confirms that Vinyl Scratch doesn't listen to Dubstep.

I think you mean "does", am I right? ^^"

Nah, the music in the video kinda resembles contemporary Electro House/Complextro more than it does Dubstep... which I'm totally cool with, actually. I never really got into Dubstep much anyway. :P

Edited by Hansel

Technically it isn't dubstep, although most just group all electro heavy bass stuff into that genre.

Just because this isn't dubstep, it doesn't confirm she doesn't listen to it. A lot of the fan stuff out there marked as dubstep is just electro house stuff. But again, most don't pay attention to that. I personally think a lot of those genres don't need to exist, too complicated for a bunch of stuff that generally sounds the same to the average music listener.

• Brohoof 1

Technically it isn't dubstep, although most just group all electro heavy bass stuff into that genre.

Just because this isn't dubstep, it doesn't confirm she doesn't listen to it. A lot of the fan stuff out there marked as dubstep is just electro house stuff. But again, most don't pay attention to that. I personally think a lot of those genres don't need to exist, too complicated for a bunch of stuff that generally sounds the same to the average music listener.

The thing is, Dubstep, (including the heavy stuff) sounds completely different to Electro House/Complextro/Glitch Hop/Whateveridon'tcare. I totally get the argument that there's too many genre labels, but people just assume that wubs=Dubstep, even though a lot of traditional Dubstep is very minimal with it's bass wobbles.  It's like saying that Punk and Heavy Metal are the same just because they both power chords.

If Dubstep and Electro House were more or less the same, I'd like them both... but I don't like Dubstep.

Just because this isn't dubstep, it doesn't confirm she doesn't listen to it.

Fair point. :P Stop ruining it for me.

Edited by Hansel

The thing is, Dubstep, (including the heavy stuff) sounds completely different to Electro House/Complextro/Glitch Hop/Whateveridon'tcare. I totally get the argument that there's too many genre labels, but people just assume that wubs=Dubstep, even though a lot of traditional Dubstep is very minimal with it's bass wobbles.  It's like saying that Punk and Heavy Metal are the same just because they both power chords.

If Dubstep and Electro House were more or less the same, I'd like them both... but I don't like Dubstep.

Fair point. :P Stop ruining it for me.

You make some good points, but I think what ruins Dubstep for a lot of people is how it is categorized. It's kind of just a catch all instead of being broken down like how there are all the different House styles and stuff. Of course that goes against my rant about there being too many genres and such, but not all of the Dubstep is garbage like Skrillex (sorry fans, I just don't like his noise). A lot of it borders the House genre, but gets tossed into Dubstep because it doesn't follow the general House methods.

I think what Deadmau5 said about why he hates Dubstep speaks for why a lot hate on Dubstep, but not all is that way anymore. These genres have evolved so much in just the last couple years it's crazy.

Of course I'm not saying you have to start listening to Dubstep or the world will end. No one will ever be able to convince me to listen to Rap or Hip Hop, but there are a handful of songs I like in those genres since I know it's not all like the general perception.

To each their own, right? So long as you remember this rule.  :comeatus:

img-2457761-1-tumblr_inline_molu6w3bW91q

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

It's like saying that Punk and Heavy Metal are the same just because they both power chords.

To me it sounds more like when you start getting down to the really narrowly specific categories. Like "no that's not thrash metal, it's black metal!" 

• Brohoof 1

Uh-huh...

Here's an interesting question: does mean she'll actually play her biggest role ever, or is this just 3 minutes of (admittingly cool) pandering? :huh:

...and is that a human Cranky Doodle Donkey?! :blink: