Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First chapter of Rainbow Rocks novel (spoilers)

Andaasonsan

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/04/rainbow-rocks-first-chapter-revealed.html

It seems the book opens with what would be a musical number in the movie. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to translate to prose very well. :(

But hey, there is more DJ Pon-3 and the G&PT makes an appearance :)

How much more DJ Pon-3? I can't read it, for I have no iOS device. And are we to assume Trixie will be an antagonist, if not the antagonist? I once heard something along those lines, so...

How much more DJ Pon-3? I can't read it, for I have no iOS device. And are we to assume Trixie will be an antagonist, if not the antagonist? I once heard something along those lines, so...

The link I gave has screenshots of the pages from the preview.

(edited)

Well, the first chapter atleast takes place before S4. And oh boy, this looks like it could be just as bad as the first one. Down to the stolen instruments cliche.

Wait a second....."the daydream was so real, she could almost feel it"

It was all a dream twilight. Just a dream......

Edited by Adjudant Reflex

Seems like a small part for Vinyl. I heard a lot of people excited that this chapted "confirmed" she'd be getting a speaking role, but...let's take a closer look at her scene:

DJ Pon-3 was passing by on her way to spin some discs for the festivities when Rainbow Dash got a text. "'You girls sound pretty good. Ever think of making a band?'" Rainbow read aloud. DJ Pon-3 pulled down her high-fashion shades and winked at them.

Doesn't look like she's talking to me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Huh. Amazon says this is being released on the 8th of this month. I'm guessing that's waaay sooner than the movie itself. Now I have to decide if I want to spoilerify myself like that.

n/m, apparently this is a prequel and not a novelization

Capture.PNG

Edited by Andaasonsan

Yeah-- definitely take the book with a grain of salt. It looks like it's just a prequel to the movie and not actually a novelization of it. Not to mention the writer of it has nothing to do really with the movies creative staff, so the quality of the writing really should be compared to the of the movies either.

I'm going into this movie with no opinions positive or negative. I didn't want it, but it's here and I'll give it a chance. The first short was pretty good. Pre-judging the movie based in the right shorts that will be released would be more logical than judging it based on this. The shorts have some of the same staff that will be working on the movie.