Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UNOFFICIAL] 2014 MLP Forums March Madness National Champion - *H*I*S*H*E*

Thrashy

107 users have voted

1. 1. Who will be the one pony to rule them all?

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie

(edited)

Semifinalist match:

Good evening, everypony. I've got four simple words for you tonight:

It. Ain't. Over. Yet.

...Alright, so technically many dictionaries still don't recognize "ain't" as an actual word, but I digress.

I think it's safe to say that everyone who put their all into cheering for their favorite ponies in the March Madness tourney expected a good, clean fight. We saw many of our favorites duke it out, from the vast array of background ponies all the way down to our six beloved Mane characters. The excitement began to peak as our first Mane 6 ponies began contending for top dog er, pone.

But clearly, excitement gets the best of us at times. I don't think I need to recap some of the tasteless posts that were made during the ApplyShy/RariPie match. Being a massive proponent of taking things on the chin and not letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch, I optimistically expected this to be dealt with in a mature manner - a manner in which Rarity fans, who were the butt of these trolls' jokes, were able to hold their heads up high as our ever-dutiful staff did their job to quell such distasteful activity.

But that's not how it was dealt with, as we now know.

Now, I've already expressed MORE than enough dissatisfaction regarding the way this matter was ultimately handled, so I shan't give any undue tongue-lashings. All I can say is that the end result was an absolute downer, and I am certainly not voicing a minority opinion here. That small handful of troll posts influenced the outcome of this tourney in a most soul-crushingly disappointing way, and that simply shouldn't be. Whether you be a Pinkie fan, Rarity fan, AJ fan, Twi fan, Flutters fan,  Rainbow fan, Bulk-freakin'-Biceps fan (you get the picture), the cold, hard fact is that your votes were in vain.

But I'm here to say there's no shame in a retcon.

After all, this is a tournament, and in a tournament, there cannot be multiple victors. As Connor MacLeod would say, there can be only one.

It is on that note that I am taking it upon myself to continue this tourney the way it was intended, right where we left off. This is...

[uNOFFICIAL] 2014 MLP Forums March Madness National Champion Topic - *How* *It* *Should've* *Ended*

img-2499039-1-hishe.png

With no disrespect to the results of the *official* tourney, this thread will serve to pick up where we left off, in order to see where things could've gone before the tidal wave of drama engulfed, and thusly drowned, the former spirit of the competition. If you are interested in REVIVING the former spirit of the tourney, then come one, come all. Cast your would-be votes here!

Note that if you are satisfied with the results of the OFFICIAL tourney, you needn't vote again if you don't want to. This is purely for FUN.

And with that, WE BEGIN.

Our two FINALISTS are:

BRACKET 1: APPLEJACK VS. FLUTTERSHY

img-2499039-2-Fluttershy_and_Applejack_s

BRACKET 2: RARITY VS. PINKIE PIE

img-2499039-3-Rarity-and-Pinkie-stare-pi

FINAL VOTES FOR BRACKETS 1 AND 2 WILL BE TALLIED THE MORNING OF WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9 @ 8:30 A.M. [PST]

Suffice it to say, there shall only be displays of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP here. We will be watching like hawks for any more "unsavory" posts that we think the mod team would be inclined to hide.

Let the voting begin anew, and for Celestia's sake, HAVE FUN! :D

Final match:

Fillies and gentlecolts, welcome back to

img-2499039-1-hishe.png

Well, folks, that makes it [un]official.  We have our finalists.

With a total of 88 votes, the winner of bracket 1 is the rootin’, tootin’ applebuckin’ queen, Applejack!

img-2499039-5-Applejack_blush_S02E14.gif

And with a final vote count of 74, the winner of bracket 2 is the SUPER PARTY PONY – the pony named Pinkie!

img-2499039-6-pinkie_trot.gif

While I’m a little disappointed that the Fluttershy fanbase didn’t come back with a vengeance, I can understand being disheartened/burnt out enough not to want to participate in this one.

Given how close the votes were the first time around, I think we can safely say that an Apple Pie finale was equally as likely as Rarijack, Rarishy or Flutter Pie, so I hope that most of us can be satisfied with this outcome.

Whatever the case, I just hope you all had fun. As Flipturn mentioned, the atmosphere surrounding this redux has been anything but chaotic, but has been nice nonetheless. I hope the rest of you can agree. :)

But now, onto the final. Who will be “the one”? The pony who will give rise to at least a couple walls of text and some minimal bragging rights?

You decide. Good luck, and may the best mare win! :D

img-2499039-7-Applejack_greets_Pinkie_S3

Since the semifinal polls were open for about 36 hours, I think it's about fair to set the final poll's closing time for another 36 hours after it went up (which I'm going to arbitrarily say was about 9:30 AM).

That puts our voting deadline at 9:30 PM [PST] tomorrow evening.

Poll hard, my little ponies. :umad:

Well, there you have it, my little ponies.

With a total of 54 votes, it seems our unofficial champion is the one, the only...

APPLEJACK

tumblr_lwye9iidzk1r8k5p5o1_500.gif

Pinkie Pie reached a not-too-far behind total of 43 votes, and occupies the second place slot alongside her maybe-sorta-kinda cousin. Not bad at all!

3cc43dc9.gif

Well, that does it, fillies and gentlecolts. While it's impossible to say conclusively whether this really would've been the final outcome of the original tournament, it was certainly a strong probability. I want to thank everyone who participated (surprised me how many of you actually did :lol: ), and above all else, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. :)

And with that, I leave you with a brohoof and a platter of apple fritters, compliments of our champion!

190415__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_s

/)

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 30

I voted but I don't think I'll be campaigning much. After what happened last time I'm pretty much done with this.

Totally understandable, although I'm hoping this can pick up enough steam to bring up forum morale to a level at least halfway resembling what it was before. This never should've ended on such a sour note. We're all bronies here. This should be the most joyous of events, no matter who wins. :)

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Alright! Let's do this right! Vote for Pinkie Pie, but don't be mean to the other ponies. 

Gooooo Pinkie!

Let's show those few meanies from the first time what being a Pinkie Pie fan is SUPPOSED to be about. Fun, friendship, fun, partying, and fun. 

Edited by Something Floaty
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I for one like this idea. For those who were unsatisfied with the original thread, this gives you an opportunity for an alternate outcome. Let's make the most of it and keep this civil.

MOD NOTE: Everyone is expected to conduct themselves maturely here. I don't want to see the any of the same misbehavior that derailed Doctor XFizzle's March Madness Tournament. This is meant to be FUN. No character bashing and no inappropriate or offensive content. Keep the rules in mind at all times so that we can all have a pleasant experience this time. :)

And of course, Applejack has my unbridled support! :D

234886__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_c

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 16

Ooo, now we get to see who actually comes out on top.

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?" - Vince Lombardi. This quote feels fitting with the recent events.

Anyways... Go Applejack! I don't know who to support in the Rarity versus Pinkie match because I like them both equally.

• Brohoof 3

Glad someone decided to make this topic, wasn't a fan of how the official ending results were handled.

Nevertheless, go AJ and Rarity!

0lXBniq.gif

• Brohoof 8

AJ and Rarity all the way this round. Never thought the day would come when Rarity would be my choice over Pinkie Pie, but these are interesting times in which we now live. Never say never, and all that.

And of course, Applejack has my unbridled support! :D

Oh, you.

Applejack and Rarity have my support of course!

I'm keeping that picture of Rarity...

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Seeing the ready lead Applejack has obtained thus far has lead me to a conclusion.

Out of any of the final four, AJ fans more than anyone else would really like to compete in the same tourney three times in a row in hopes that they'll obtain bragging rights/pretty ribbon.

And there is something magical about a fandom that does that just so that they can spam pictures of a farmer pony making apple fritters.

204822__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_a

There truly is.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

I'm keeping that picture of Rarity...

XD Nice to know somepony likes some of the fan arts I find.

Out of any of the final four, AJ fans more than anyone else would really like to compete in the same tourney three times in a row in hopes that they'll obtain bragging rights/pretty ribbon.

Don't tempt somepony :P Having to do this a 3rd time would seem a bit crazy but fine.

Edited by Noire Panzer
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Don't tempt somepony :P Having to do this a 3rd time would seem a bit crazy but fine.

1. The original version of the final four round. AJ and Pinkie would've advanced to the final stage, but...

2. The second version of the final four round. AJ and Fluttershy would've advanced to the final stage, but they decided to take another option.

3. The third version of the final four round. Same structure as first time. Jury's out on the victor, but judging by the pattern... 

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 4