Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UNOFFICIAL] 2014 MLP Forums March Madness National Champion - *H*I*S*H*E*

Thrashy

107 users have voted

1. 1. Who will be the one pony to rule them all?

• Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie

All I can say is that Applejack completely deserved this, and despite the small rocks in the road, we managed to pull out and get a result. Props to you, Thrash.

• Brohoof 3

Congrats to Applejack for winning the unofficial 2014 March Madness. Unfortunately, the vote turnout was lower than normal for such an important match, but all in all, it was a great way to provide some closure to what happened at the official tourney.

Well guys... the REAL question is this: can Applejack bring her unofficial victory to the World Cup? Or will the other ponies have something to say about it...

You'll find out starting June 12th. Gotta say though, AJ got away with the groupings if you guys want to look at it... xD

Star Trek has been teaching unity, cooperation, equality, and peace for 50+ years, and even that fandom will have people at each other's throats over stupid things. Unfortunately, humans have a long way to go, before lessons like that, and ones from MLP or even Power Rangers, will sink in.

Oh, definitely. As I have before, I invite some of you to check out the unofficial (non ST.com) Star Trek message boards. It's insanity sometimes. It makes any of the problems on this site look like mild disagreements.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, definitely. As I have before, I invite some of you to check out the unofficial (non ST.com) Star Trek message boards. It's insanity sometimes. It makes any of the problems on this site look like mild disagreements.

I'm still trying to figure out which is worse; crazy Star Trek fans, Gundam fanboys, Jedi nutjobs, or the WoW general forums.

i would but i don't really like Star Trek.

I'm still trying to figure out which is worse; crazy Star Trek fans, Gundam fanboys, Jedi nutjobs, or the WoW general forums.

Us Trekkies can have knock-down, drag-out arguments, but we generally (with glaring exceptions as on every other fandom's sites) refrain from personal attacks during Trek arguments. It just gets really heated within the context of the show itself. The bad arguments occur in the General Discussion forums. For some reason, despite Trek's core values of inclusiveness and alliance, despite the presence of minority characters throughout the Trek universe, despite their flexibility with regards to sexuality (especially in the expanded universe novels), the Trek message boards have a distressing number of fanatical right-wing lunatics. People who barely discuss Trek at all and spend the bulk of their time in the GD forums, posting topics like "Homosexuality is a sin" and "Obama is bringing Sharia Law to the US!". It's saddening. 

• Brohoof 1

CONGRATULATIONS TO APPLEJACK!

Initially, I didn't think an Applejack victory was possible. After seeing her lose to Twilight Sparkle by one point in last year's tournament, combined with the fact that AJ is often disregarded as being unpopular, I really felt that she was a bit of an underdog heading into this thing. But as she continued to rack up a heavy amount of support in each passing match, my doubts eventually shifted into a bit of hope that Applejack and her fans actually stood a chance at winning it all. Seeing as Applejack has had an amazing season 4 in which she has received abundant screen time, focus, and expansion, I think this result is well-deserved, and I say that in the most unbiased way that I possibly can of course. ;)

Props to the Fluttershy fans for giving Applejack one heck of a tussle.....  for the most part. (Where in the hay were you guys during Thrashy's semifinal redo? I was expecting the same nail-biting closeness as before!) And to the Pinkie Pie fans who once again brought their pony into the final round, give yourselves a pat on the back. You fought hard. :)

137859718423.gif

These two family members and PFFs both had their eyes on the prize!

I give many heartfelt thanks to my fellow Applejack fans for their participation. When I set out to rally some support for my favorite pony, I had no idea just how many great friends I would be making in the process. All throughout the more exciting rounds of the tournament, the apple pack displayed a lot of genuine passion as well as sportsmanship; an overall display of fairness that Applejack herself would be mighty proud of. I too can safely say that I am proud to have been a part of that team. Thank you, my friends. :)

Let us celebrate our rewarded efforts with the best darn apple cider in all of Equestria! :catface:

133912013031.gif

Cheers for unity, integrity, and of course, VICTORY!

Finally, I want to thank Thrashy for creating this thread in hopes of quelling some of the disappointment from the original's outcome. While this thread saw a lot less activity, I enjoyed what competitive spirit and passion that there was, and I'll gladly take a little bit of silence over drama any day. I now look forward to the upcoming World Cup that Sterling Crimson has in store for us this coming June. It is my hope that it will see a plentiful amount of support, zeal, and fairness. /)

• Brohoof 9

Us Trekkies can have knock-down, drag-out arguments, but we generally (with glaring exceptions as on every other fandom's sites) refrain from personal attacks during Trek arguments. It just gets really heated within the context of the show itself. The bad arguments occur in the General Discussion forums. For some reason, despite Trek's core values of inclusiveness and alliance, despite the presence of minority characters throughout the Trek universe, despite their flexibility with regards to sexuality (especially in the expanded universe novels), the Trek message boards have a distressing number of fanatical right-wing lunatics. People who barely discuss Trek at all and spend the bulk of their time in the GD forums, posting topics like "Homosexuality is a sin" and "Obama is bringing Sharia Law to the US!". It's saddening. 

While I do believe homosexuality is indeed a sin and that Obama is Muslim, topics like that don't belong there, nor do I think they belong here. One thing I've learned round these parts; never talk politics with your friends.

You're a Trekkie? ok....

but can you speak Klingon?

While I do believe homosexuality is indeed a sin and that Obama is Muslim, topics like that don't belong there, nor do I think they belong here. One thing I've learned round these parts; never talk politics with your friends.

You're a Trekkie? ok....

but can you speak Klingon?

As fluently as possible given the limited availability of the language, yes I can.

• Brohoof 1

You know, all in all, I think we've made a very good choice for our Unofficial National Champion.  :)  Applejack embodies very well all the great qualities about MLP:FiM.  She may have been overlooked in Seasons 1 and 2 and upstaged by Derpy in that episode that shall remained unnamed.  But AJ has truly come a long way since then.  Nobody can call her a background pony today with a straight face.  With the possible exception of McDonalds.  :P 

Let's hear it for Applejack!  :D 

• Brohoof 5