Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Awkward Moments Do You Know Too Well?

Venomous

Going off on wild tangents while doing a presentation that lead to you explaining things before the right slide appears that covers it in detail. I like having a flow to my presentations and nothing derails things worse for me than tangents.

So, I can relate to all of them... But for me, 3 and 4 strike the most often.  Though, I wear a ball cap all the time so instead of messing with my hair I adjust my cap.  And as for number 4, there's been times where I held it long enough that I figured they just weren't coming outside yet and so i walked away... and then 2 seconds later they walk out.  "Oops, my bad!" LOL.

Some others not listed:

When you come to a 4 way stop (stop signs, not stoplight) and someone else to the right or left stops exactly when you stop, so you sit there a second, maybe try to wave them on... but then you try and go if they don't but they try at the same time.  Sometimes I just get mad and keep going and make them stop (oops).

When you get behind someone going slow on the highway, but you can't pass due to oncoming traffic, and then the cars behind you think that you are the one going slow.  (Then once I can pass I just floor it, and let that V8 just scream, lmao).

When you stutter because you are excited about something to the point that you're talking too fast and your tongue can't keep up with your brain.

I got up in class (high school) once while we were having a discussion to get some water. I come back and everyone is asking me where I went, so I said "water". Apparently this wasn't the class to get up anytime I wanted to, so it felt awkward, especially for the rest of the year.

Anypony else get approached by those charity people as you walk down the street? This makes me very awkward and I usually pretend to be on the phone or listening to music. However, one time a girl doing it caught my eye and greeted me. Social anxiety kicked in and a lot of different phrases started forming in my head such as "sorry i'm in a hurry", "I'm a broke student", "I'm socially awkward and don't like people approaching me" etc. Unfortunately, what I said, quite loudly unfortunately, was not even any language known to man. All the words combined into an incoherent splutter which made her burst out laughing as I ran away :blush:

Thats actually happened to me in shops too when assistants approach me. :(

• 8 months later...

-Having someone say something to me... and I can't understand what it was they said, sometimes even after they repeat it again.

-Trying to walk around someone at the same time they're trying to walk around me, and still ending up in each other's way.

-When someone says something to me and I've no clue how to respond, even hours afterwards.

-Accidentally calling someone 'mum'.

-When someone I don't know too well asks me what would I like to talk about, and I keep thinking that what I'll say won't interest them.

-Holding the door open for someone, and they end up taking half a minute to get to it, but I can't just let the door close in case they suddenly speed up and think I'm being rude, and it'd look like I was lingering there for nothing.

-Laughing in class at something no-one finds funny.

• Brohoof 3

When you go to say "hey" to someone but for some reason it comes out as "dbsagfhdgYIFS" and they just look at you like you're an idiot.

• Brohoof 1

When someone you think waves at you is actually waving at someone behind you, and you wave back.

That awkward moment when you're too short to turn on the roof-mounted projector in the classroom, even in heels, and you need to ask a student to do it for you. (It's now become something of a running joke with most of my classes.  :blush:)

Also, that awkward moment when you lose your train of thought while explaining something, and you need to ask the class what the hell you were talking about.  :please: