Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you collect anything? How do you organize your collections?

bailey2

I collect records, mainly Disco and House music and separate them by genre and type of record: there all 12” but I have different sections on my Ikea shelves: I have…….

·       A 12” Disco single shelf

·       Three shelves that are next to that with Disco albums

·       Three shelves underneath that for House music records

·       One shelf for “pop” (anything not Disco or House)

·       And the shelf next to that with Disco compilations that feature lots of different artists on one record

My collection at present is a huge mess because I’m running out of room so I’ve got records just stuck anywhere: I tried alphabetical organizing but that didn't really work because I'm too lazy to find that right place to put records back

P1020206_zps38695de2.jpg

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

I used to collect Manga, I have two bookshelves full of them.

I've been collecting Pokemon plushies for quite the while now too, I have a huge box at the end of my bed. :)

There are other plushies in it too.

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes

I suppose I collect merch, in general, if that counts. Pony merch, Doctor Who merch, anime merch, anything I'm a fan of (mostly TV shows now that i think about it ... guess it could be called a, TV show collection? *Shrugs*), I try to get at least some merchandise of it. I can't help it, I must have it! All the merch! :P

My current collection is ... decently big, I suppose, mostly pony stuff, but I don't really organise any of it. Mostly everything just sits on the shelf behind me. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Behold, my ongoing Mienfoo/Mienshao and Sawk collection. :P

post-26117-0-58087900-1406550327_thumb.jpg

This is what I have at the moment. I haven't had much time to expand on this collection, but I hope to soon. :3

• Brohoof 1

Organise? Ha. I laugh at that idea.

But, I just have shelves for most of the lego and mega blocks, though they aren't big enough for all of them. Then pony stuff is everywhere around the house.

I got lots of hardware piled up in my room. Does that count?

I'm kidding of course. I don't really collect anything, but if i would, i'd have a hard time organizing it in the swirling chaotic mass that is my room.

I collect those schleich animal figures and they aren't at all organized. They are just sitting in a laundry basket in my room. I just cleared some shelves though so I should have room for about 1/3 of my collection cx. I only kept them because my sis and I used to play with them all the time when we were little kids.

I collect dragon figurines. Well, used to, I've had to stop myself from buying any more because I've run out of space in my room and they're finding their way into other parts of the house.

I've also filled the top of my stereo with MLP blind bag figures, but it's nowhere near as huge as my dragon collection. :)

• 3 months later...

Bumperdoodles!

What? I just felt like listing stuff I collect :P

I collect:

-Thomas Wooden Railway Items

-Thomas Die-cast Items

(I used to collect Trackmaster, but after their "re-issue" of their models..)

-My Little Pony Merchandise

-Books

-VHS Tapes

-DVDs

-Retro Video Games

Though I don't really organize much of anything, tbh. I organize my VHS Tapes and sometimes my video games but that's about it :P

Edited by Bill and Ben

I collect flags on my flag counter on my profile page here. :derp:

As for real life collections, I'm not really collecting anything at the moment but I might try to collect something in the future. :huh: I used to collect state quarters, but that didn't take long to get all 50 :P

I semi-collect pokemon cards.  I stopped collecting them after the second generation, due to money problems.  I started collecting again when X and Y came out, but again, money is tight, so it's not much of a collection.  I keep my rares in a card binder, and my doubles of commons/uncommons/energies/etc in pokemon tins that some of the cards came in.  

I have many (very) slowly expanding collections including, but not limited to:

- Spoons

- Transport tickets

- Pocket watches

- Those things you find on the road and somehow just can't bring yourself to get rid of

- Gems, stones and other nicely shaped shiny things

Most recently (as in I literally JUST bought them and they're in transit as I type this.) Magic The Gathering cards which my friend got me into and are now the most expensive single puchase I've ever made

Most of them are confined to 3 small drawers of random things I don't use that often; I'm thinking of creating some displays with them though.

I will add some pictures when I find my phone. (You know when you put something down and can't find it for the rest of the day? Yeah.)

I collect Monster High dolls, Despicable Me figures (especially weird China bootleg figures), books, comic books, original comic book pages, the mlp blind bag figures and some other mlp things, loose horror toys for my horror themed shelf, pretty much anyyything Phantom of the Opera related, and pretty much anything related to The Shadow. I also really love clearance Mega Bloks, especially if they're things I can add to the ceiling of my living room aerial battle. My home feels like a big, weird museum sometimes, but that's the way I like it. 

I'm curious if anyone has an autograph collection, I have a few but I don't have the right kind of money to start a collection, Here's a picture of some I obtained in person.

I do! A ton of my comics are signed. I go to book signings when I can (I got to meet Neil Gaiman and have some things signed from him, and hopefully next week Anne Rice), and since I collect so much original art I usually buy direct from the artist, so all of that is signed. I have some signed gig posters and CDs, too. 

Edited by Peikko

When I was younger, i used to collect state keychains. Now, I usually collect anything Train-related. I also collect plushies as well, which my biggest hobby/collection I have. Oh, and I collect these little shrinky-dinks (as my deceased friend used to call them). I put them in a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic lunchbox I got. I have others on my backpack as well. :3

10610642_1556602067894987_79493391547374

10612628_1556601714561689_74105735431004

There's Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, three different Loki ones, The Tardis, Cheshire Cat, Hani-Senpai and I forgot what others since I don't have my back-pack with me right now. These were all drawn my various artists at Saboten, my anime convention.

I don't really organize my plushies though. I lost most of them in my room. D: I do have some on my bed, but I keep most of my shrinky-dinks in my MLP lunchbox and some on my backpack too.

Other things I collect somewhat are anime-related things. Such as Wallscrolls, Voice actor autographs and animation books as well.

Edited by Loki of Sassgard

I collect MLP (toys. Old gen and new gen).

I have them arranged on a shelf, nicely set out so they don't touch each other (Picky about the hair X3).  I organize them by character.

I have almost 100 ponies all together and more coming in the mail. :D

Edited by Sassy Dashie

What do you collect?

Mostly different Franchises like Anime, Videogames, a Movie Series or Music Bands.I collect always that, what i find best at the moment.

How big is your collection(s)?

My My little Pony Collection goes from everything from G1 - 3.5 ( movies, short movies, series and video games ) to the first two seasons of G4.

My Amityville collection :

Amityville Horror Gold Edition, Amityville 2 - Der besessene ( english title: the possession ), Amityville 3 ( with 3D Version ) , Amityville 4 - Die Poltergeister sind wieder da ( english title: The Evil Escapes ) ( vhs ) , Amityville 5 - Der Fluch kehrt zurück ( english title: The Curse ), Amityville 6 - Face of Terror ( english title: 1992 - Its about time ) ( vhs ) , Amityville 7 - A New Generation ( vhs ), Amityville 8 - Dollhouse, The Amityville Horror 2005, The Amityville Haunting, The Amityville Asylum, My Amityville Horror and Shattered Hopes 1 - From Horror to Homicide.

And my Superman Collection by now:

The Superman Collection ( all cartoons from 1941 - 1943 ), Superman - The Theatrical Serials Collection ( Superman 1948 and Atom Man vs Superman 1950 ), Superman and the Mole Men ( vhs ), Adventures of Superman - First Season, Adventures of Superman - Second Season, I Love Lucy Collection Volume 5 ( Lucy and Superman 1957 ) .     

And how do you keep them organized?

I always collect from the first media entry to the last and i use Wikipedia to find out what comes first.  ;)

Edited by Dune_Gosbil

I have been collecting MLP ANYTHING!! I have a few G1s, a G2, a handful of G3s, a couple of G3.5s :umad:  and most of it is G4. I have been collecting ponies for 2 and a half years. I have collected so many in such a short time, I'm not considered a pony collector anymore, I'm a pony hoarder. I collect anything that has MLP FiM on it, but plushies are my favorite merchandise; I have 129 pony plushies and most of them are officially licensed. The toys started out in my room on a desk with just the mane six singles but then it exploded across the room and it leaked throughout the whole house. A lot of it is unorganized because I'm running out of space in my small house. Some are organized by type of merchandise, company, favorites, size, theme, sets, rarity :proud:, and random

Edited by RainbowPastel

my major collections are Videogames/consoles, computers, and Hot Wheels.

My Hot Wheels collection is over 3000 strong, and is currently boxed away.been collecting since 2000.

My videogame collection is probably only about 200 something titles (75 Atari 2600 games) and the consoles are as follows

2 Pong systems

* APF Tv Fun 402 Sport-a-rama (with light gun) (1976)

* APF Tv Fun 406 match (rare color display system)

4 Atari

2 Atari 2600

* 1977 Sunnyvale "heavy Sixer"

* 1980 "light Sixer" (made in Taiwan)

* Approx 75 unique titles.

1 Atari 400 Computer (1979, 1 game)

1 Atari Flashback 2

1 ColecoVision

1 coleco flashback

1 Intellivision

2 Nintendo

1 NES (front loader)

1 Super Nintendo (Snes) (sns-001)

1 Sega Genesis

4 PlayStation

2ps1 1 of each

2 PlayStation 2 (one large scph-3001, 1 slim scph-9001)

2 Xbox

1 original (2003)

1 Xbox 360 (original 360 Arcade, 2008)

1 Texas Instruments ti-994a computer.

I used to collect empty bottles, but I now stick to collecting vinyl MLP:FiM figures.

I organize them by main characters first, princesses, villians, background ponies, and finally my plushies.

post-14906-0-00051700-1416589188_thumb.jpg

Edited by Royal Blue Jay
  • Brohoof 1