Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you collect anything? How do you organize your collections?

bailey2

Honestly, I collect vinyl music albums, a lot of older, vintage stuff. I organize by year released, then within that, alphabetical by band name.

I've started collecting pony stuff, but being I'm always broke, I don't have much.

I guess you could say I collect guitars too, seeing as I have about a half dozen of them.

Edited by Overdrive

I collect CDs, vinyl figurines and most notably: comic books.

For the most part, stuff goes in alpha-numeric order. All my comics are alphabetical by title, then numerical within the title.

CDs tend to be alphabetical by artist, and then chronological album order.

My figures are just everywhere. Just cute stuff that I can put on my desk Kwlfezr.png

For the past 2 years or so now I've been collecting football badges (soccer) of all the teams in the top 4 divisions and below. Gotten a lot of League 1 and 2 clubs, now working on the Premier League. I keep them all on a scarf I bought specifically for this, I have about 70 teams now on that scarf :) 

Other than Ponies, my biggest collection and the one i care the most about is my License plate collection. It started when i found one in an alley. Now i have a pretty decent collection. My goal is to have one from every state and canadian province. The only canadian ones i have is a pair from British Columbia. I also have one from Germany. I organize them in the order i aquired them.

I collect games. How many? 14 Xbox 360 games, 9 Gamecube, 8 PC sims games, 1 LOZ1 gold edition, a Pokemon XD special edition Gamecube and a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 the Trial I got for $2.00 at Vintage stock I also have Pokemon Leafgreen, mystery dungeon, diamond and X. my collection pales in comparison.

I also organize my collection my system type. the top shelf of my bookcase goes to my Xbox stuff and my Dead Space 2 collector's edition takes up the most room.

Second shelf is my PC stuff, DVDs and Pokemon X.

third shelf is my gold LOZ and GCN games and everything else is scattered about my room.

I collect video games and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards nowadays. I used to collect flat brim hats with sports teams on them, too. I usually put my stuff in cardboard boxes since I don't have shelve for this.

What do you collect?

Books

Rocks

How big is your collection(s)?

No idea

And how do you keep them organized?

By subjects

Color and type

As a kid I used to collect brochures.  I have a huge tote of them in my closet.  I started collecting Anime DVDs.  I currently have three and some more coming in the mail.  i wanted to collect vinyl records, but I looked and they are freaking expensive.  So, I really only have one (I basically took it from my parents because they weren't listening to it.  What a shame on their part.)   I also have concert tickets in different places in my room.

Edited by Adash

• 3 weeks later...

I collect stuffed animals. I'm not organized about it. I just grab them all, because YAY, stuffed animals.  :wub:

I used to collect spoons and stamps as a kid, but I stopped doing that quite a few years ago.. 

I also used to collect fortune cookie fortunes. 

I'd say I collect TMNT memorabilia, but I don't have nearly enough things (or money) to do that. :P  

I collect various figures (mostly Rainbow Dash, as of late), cards (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic: The Gathering, A Game of Thrones, Call of Cthulhu, and MLP), music CDs, t-shirts, video games (including a growing cartridge collection), Hot Wheels, manga, and miscellaneous pony merch.

I don't really have proper storage or decent display options for most of my things, but my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards are pretty darned organized.  I have actually recorded every Yu-Gi-Oh! card (not intended for play) that I own.  Cards are sorted first by Spell, Trap, and Monster.  Spells are sorted by Field, Quick Play, Continuous, and Equip.  Traps are similarly sorted.  Monsters are sorted by monster type, normal / effect, and Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz get their own sections.  And everything is further sorted by rarity.  Not the pony.  I started moving many of the cards from my Pegasus and Joey boxes into binders, but I stopped at a certain point.

I try to keep my t-shirts sorted in my closet.  I've got the Super Mario section, Pokemon section, the Rainbow Dash / pony section, Lovecraft section, anime section, and miscellaneous.

I believe my Hot Wheels are sorted by manufacturer and model in their little car cubby. xD

I own these cartridge games (though I used to have a far larger collection ;__; ):

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Super Mario Bros. 3
Wizards & Warriors
Solar Jetman
Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
Ikari Warriors II
Robo Warrior
Adventures of Dino Riki
Robo Cop
Time Lord
Strider
Castlequest
Gyruss
Rocket Ranger
Bayou Billy
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Super Nintendo (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter II - Turbo
Drakkhen
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Super Off Road: The Baja

Famicom (FC)
Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Famicom (SFC)
Super Mario Collection
Dragon Quest VI: Maboroshi no Daichi
Mario's Super Picross

They are not organized at all lol.  I still play them with mah RetroDuo.

Edited by Ziggy Belongs to RD