Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?

Bendy

Do dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Do dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?

• I dislike them
    • I like them.
    • I'd like if given some good reason why she's evil.

What if it was backwards and Celestia was banished to the moon. She became this Nightmare... Sun... thing. Name needs some work, but would that be a good reason?

Solar Flare has been done several times...

What would have more interest to me is Nightmare Cadance.  Turn her power of love upside-down and strengthen it and you have an enemy that is in many ways more powerful than Moon or Flare and infinitely more subtle.

And even when not -- she could do the fluttershy "You are going to LOVE ME" and the whole room would have hearts going over their heads.

Edited by silvadel

Lamest excuse I've ever heard for not properly explaining an argument.

I'll just assume that you don't have a real reason to believe that she is sexist, and you're just saying that she is because it justifies an unfounded dislike towards her character.

For me, she's sexist because she wont create male alicorns. That's just me okay? Don't need to go full sass on me :)

@,

....That's the worst logic I've ever heard. According to lore, no one else has met the requirements for being an alicorn. If it was sexism, then she'd have given Sunset alicorn privileges, but she didn't, because she didn't earn it. Starswirl didn't understand friendship so he doesn't count 

@,

....That's the worst logic I've ever heard. According to lore, no one else has met the requirements for being an alicorn. If it was sexism, then she'd have given Sunset alicorn privileges, but she didn't, because she didn't earn it. Starswirl didn't understand friendship so he doesn't count 

Eh well i dunno. It's just my opinion okay?

I have nothing against Evilestia storylines or anything like that where characters either are evil or turn evil.  If the plots are good, I'm fine with them.

For me, she's sexist because she wont create male alicorns. That's just me okay? Don't need to go full sass on me :)

But I like going full sass on people. (it gets me lots of brohoofs) ;)

I don't have an argument against that on my own that is better than this video:

It has been so done to death with the whole Tyrantlestia and Xenolestia things and though there are also done quite a bit I personally prefer Molestia and Trollestia. It is possible to make a story where a character is out of character believable but it takes a bit more explanation in order to have the story work, "Celestia is evil because alternate universe" dosen't cut it. Yes alternate universe is obvious in that case but what about that alternate universe made Celestia evil? 

It really annoys me sometimes on the show how Celestia is the only pony that never "messes up." Like, she is literally the only character that has never really done anything wrong (which as the leader of Equestria is probably for the best haha). So for me, it's kind of cool to read about Celestia going on the dark side.

I personally like them, well, to be honest I haven't read too many of them, I did read one where Luna stayed Nightmarish though! which I thoroughly enjoyed!

I think Celestia's "evil" stems from jealousy. She once had sole control over the Elements of Harmony, the greatest weapon in all of Equestria, now she doesn't being replaced by non alicorns who I'm sure she views as lesser than her. In my headcanon, she harbors a particular hatred for Applejack and Pinkie Pie.... Why you ask? Think of breaking the all time record and winning the Triple Crown with the fastest time to date, and then the next year someone else won the Triple Crown with the slowest time ever, wouldn't that make you furious, sick with anger. Essentially you are on equal playing fields to everyone else when in reality you did "better" than them. Now look at Equestria and you have an immortal magic and flight wielding deity being replaced by a grounded magicless being, you'd feel furious wouldn't you. So that's where I'm coming from. Celestia feels like she is better than everypony when everypony views her and the other EoH as equals.

@Evil_Dragon_Master Well when you put it that way, yeah, but I meant more like she never does something morally wrong.

The best evil things that are done are the ones that people believe aren't or can't be true, take the holocaust for example, even with solid evidence there is still denial in the crowds. So Celestia could have gotten away with murder of neigh-sayers and ponies would never  bat an eye because they are disillusioned by it, they see the loving caring ruler of Equestria, while I see a jealous ruler who puts on a mask of innocence when she really wants complete power and reclaim the EoH as her own. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. When you have the EoH in your grasp, you wield absolute power. So John Dalberg-Acton's words apply directly to Princess Celestia, the only reason it hasn't corrupted the mane 6 is that the power was split amongst the 6 of them so no one pony had absolute power.

The best evil things that are done are the ones that people believe aren't or can't be true, take the holocaust for example, even with solid evidence there is still denial in the crowds. So Celestia could have gotten away with murder of neigh-sayers and ponies would never  bat an eye because they are disillusioned by it, they see the loving caring ruler of Equestria, while I see a jealous ruler who puts on a mask of innocence when she really wants complete power and reclaim the EoH as her own. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. When you have the EoH in your grasp, you wield absolute power. So John Dalberg-Acton's words apply directly to Princess Celestia, the only reason it hasn't corrupted the mane 6 is that the power was split amongst the 6 of them so no one pony had absolute power.

Well that puts the show into a new perspective. Now I'm going to imagine the Third Reich everytime I watch MLP...

Princess Celestia gives the Apple family land in the untamed wilderness, full of timberwolves and other violent creatures.

Princess Celestia does nothing about the dragon in Dragonshy, she makes her underlings do it, endangering their lives over hers.

You know who also didn't dirty his own hands and have his underlings do all the work for him Charles Manson, who else Joseph Stalin!

When his subjects starving children cried out for food what did he give them, peas of lead.

Princess Celestia gives the Apple family land in the untamed wilderness, full of timberwolves and other violent creatures.

Timberwolves can be scared away with pots and pans and the Apple Farm has never been attacked by anything save for bats

Princess Celestia does nothing about the dragon in Dragonshy, she makes her underlings do it, endangering their lives over hers.

Alternatively, they were closer to the dragon and so could get there faster? Also the fact that if she dies, the government will break down. It's kind of like how the Mane 6 were going to leave Twilight behind in the S4 pilot

@@CrestofReliability,

This is the worst proof ever. By this logic, Fluttershy is a sadist because she was trying to grab animals at the gala and has a psychic weapon. Oooh, oohh, and AJ is a member of the Mafia because she lives in the boonies and has to have some form of money! At least you aren't talking about how precious Luna is 

Timberwolves can be scared away with pots and pans and the Apple Farm has never been attacked by anything save for bats

Alternatively, they were closer to the dragon and so could get there faster? Also the fact that if she dies, the government will break down. It's kind of like how the Mane 6 were going to leave Twilight behind in the S4 pilot

@@CrestofReliability,

This is the worst proof ever. By this logic, Fluttershy is a sadist because she was trying to grab animals at the gala and has a psychic weapon. Oooh, oohh, and AJ is a member of the Mafia because she lives in the boonies and has to have some form of money! At least you aren't talking about how precious Luna is 

You're just flank hurt because I know my history and you seem to ignore the obvious parallels between reality and fantacy. I'd love to educate you on the history of the Wonderbolts... erm US and World History, but it seems you only learn when your head is in the clouds. Sorry Rainbow Dash... erm Evil Dragon Master I guess I cannot help you.

@@CrestofReliability,

You'd do yourself good to realize no character is sacred. Any character can fall. You shut up in your imaginary world of infallible characters is rather annoying. Realize that what can be built can also be taken down. Until Princess Celestia goes out and says Mane 6 lets go out and kill some celebrities and their families and bow down and worship me, then its canon but what we have we will use. Nothing on earth or in Equestria is infallible, you're sounding rather 16th century Roman Catholic to me.

@@QuickWit,

She dismissed Twilight's claim too fast and even admitted she was wrong later 

@@CrestofReliability,

Is there any evidence for this? I could say that Fluttershy is a rapist and it would have just as much supporting evidence 

I'm taking real life examples and making parallelisms, I'm sorry I don't know much about animal rapists... But I do know about Charles Manson and Joseph Stalin though. 

ou'd do yourself good to realize no character is sacred. Any character can fall. You shut up in your imaginary world of infallible characters is rather annoying. Realize that what can be built can also be taken down. Until Princess Celestia goes out and says Mane 6 lets go out and kill some celebrities and their families and bow down and worship me, then its canon but what we have we will use. Nothing on earth or in Equestria is infallible, you're sounding rather 16th century Roman Catholic to me.

I never said they are infallible, Celestia made a huge error not noticing Chrysalis's act and dismissing Twilight along with underestimating Chrysalis. You are making no sense, you are admitting this is non-canon, yet stick to it 

I'm taking real life examples and making parallelisms, I'm sorry I don't know much about animal rapists... But I do know about Charles Manson and Joseph Stalin though. 

Real life examples?! How did Celestia act anything like them?! Do you think Joseph Stalin would be happy about someone stealing his pet?! Do you think Charles Manson would be okay with admitting he was wrong?!

I never said they are infallible, Celestia made a huge error not noticing Chrysalis's act and dismissing Twilight along with underestimating Chrysalis. You are making no sense, you are admitting this is non-canon, yet stick to it 

Real life examples?! How did Celestia act anything like them?! Do you think Joseph Stalin would be happy about someone stealing his pet?! Do you think Charles Manson would be okay with admitting he was wrong?

I did just mention them... Man you have a bad memory. Rulers in fantacy and medieval settings fought along side their fellow subjects at the front. Think King Arthur he fought battles endangering his life for his people. After the Elements left her, Celestia hasn't really kept up much chivalrous behavior.