Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?

Bendy

Do dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Do dislike stories where Princess Celestia is evil?

• I dislike them
    • I like them.
    • I'd like if given some good reason why she's evil.

@@CrestofReliability,

King Arthur never existed. And rulers fighting at the front lines is idiotic. Do you think the president should just get up and fight on the front lines? Leaders don't fight because they are needed to lead, not be fodder. And Celestia showed plenty of initiative, holding back Chrysalis for a bit of time and giving Twilight the support needed to break Discord's control

I did just mention them... Man you have a bad memory

What, that she has her "underlings" do stuff for her? By that logic, Abraham Lincoln is evil too 

@@CrestofReliability,

King Arthur never existed. And rulers fighting at the front lines is idiotic. Do you think the president should just get up and fight on the front lines? Leaders don't fight because they are needed to lead, not be fodder. And Celestia showed plenty of initiative, holding back Chrysalis for a bit of time and giving Twilight the support needed to break Discord's control

The reason why the president does not fight on the front lines is that he is not properly trained and equipped to fight. Celestia lives in fantasy too. Plus in stories the leader being willing to put his or her life on the line for the good of the people is commonplace, to ignore this and have the Knights of the Round Table do everything with King Arthur reclining on the throne is dumb. You are right in real life it is idiotic but in the fantasy realm it's a must.  

The reason why the president does not fight on the front lines is that he is not properly trained and equipped to fight.

You think Celestia is? She is not trained either, ruling for 1,000 years of peace does not give your practice

Celestia lives in fantasy too

I can name so many fantasy rulers who didn't fight, Abbot Mordalfus, Dumbledore, Jarls in Skyrim, etc.

Plus in stories the leader being willing to put his or her life on the line for the good of the people is commonplace, to ignore this and have the Knights of the Round Table do everything with King Arthur reclining on the throne is dumb

It's called being smart. You can't have just soldiers in a war, you need strategists, suppliers, leaders, morale figures

You are right in real life it is idiotic but in the fantasy realm it's a must

You act as though all fantasy realms have to have this rule 

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea that Celestia is evil - but I don't like the stories because they make me feel sad that nothing like this will ever happen. Sadly the closest we'll ever get to Celestia being evil is...

SPOILERS

...Is in the season 4 finale when she chooses someone else over Twilight.