Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What College do you want to go to? Or what College did you go to? Or in?

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

BBA (Penn State transferred to UCF)

BSc CS (Penn State)

Independently, both of these degrees are in competitive fields. Together they are more marketable. The key is post education to get and keep up with specific certifications. My golden ticket was always two certifications that can be prized by any employer. The first is CAPM leading to PMP certification (Project Management) and the second is Six Sigma. There are many many others that I have to keep up with, but those two were the most challenging and opened doors that may have been previously closed to me.

These days, especicially for those of you in high school, you should plan for a dual degree if at all possible. I am personally considering going back (again). You can never stop and breathe.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns 

I'd like to go to somewhere abroad, but i have to stay here, however, i'm gonna go to the National University of Colombia, which is the best one here. I'm gonna study electronic engineering.

I still don't understand the difference between college and university...

Man, I'm applying this year and I'm gonna try to go all in for duke. Spectacular campus and among the top universities in the world.

Go blue devils!!

Due to my benefits as a foster child, I can go to pretty much any CSU I want for free of charge (Yeah, I know. Spoiled beyond belief) so, I am looking at CSU Chico, CSU Channel Islands and CSU Northridge... I want to Major in Computer/Game programming and design and probably minor in something related to music...

Currently a junior at George Mason University, studying Applied Information Technology with a Network Security focus. I hear that they're working on getting a Cyber Security degree as well here, kind of hoping to get involved with that once I complete this degree.

BBA (Penn State transferred to UCF)

BSc CS (Penn State)

Independently, both of these degrees are in competitive fields. Together they are more marketable. The key is post education to get and keep up with specific certifications. My golden ticket was always two certifications that can be prized by any employer. The first is CAPM leading to PMP certification (Project Management) and the second is Six Sigma. There are many many others that I have to keep up with, but those two were the most challenging and opened doors that may have been previously closed to me.

These days, especicially for those of you in high school, you should plan for a dual degree if at all possible. I am personally considering going back (again). You can never stop and breathe.

UCF! Wooooo! :P

Hah, I knew someone from here had to be a UCF student, too.

• Brohoof 1

I graduated from a local college; McMurry University. I'm glad I originally started off at a Jr. College for a few years. It helped me bypass things, like the mandate forcing new university students to spend a year in the dorms. No thanks. I'm a commuter, and any fee I don't have to pay back is good news to me.

Derp. Well the other day I finished my application for West Texas A&M, I just need my dad to pay the fee, and then after that I just have to copy that application for my three other choices, only you have to pay the fee and submit any copied application so I'm holding off until this weekend or something.

I'm teetering between West Texas A&M and Corpus Christi A&M. I'm really bad at making decisions :(

I... uh, am a bit idealistic (Understatement), so Stanford or Harvard or Princeton or something that is REALLY good with criminal law/criminal psychology (Tis' a major dream of mine to become a prosecutor and put the criminals in jail). I'm pretty young so college is a bit far off, but a gal can dream. I'm going to make that dream a reality, just you goddamn wait. I already have the grades, VERY active in a few clubs, i'm a pretty good writer, I read and i'm creat-ive. Soooo, hey, who the hell knows.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

Well. I've got a number of applications in the works, most are to in-state schools with a few out of state. Most notable being N.C. State, U.V.A., and V.C.U.

If you recognize some of those schools as well as my interest in engineering, you might be asking why not V.T.? I visited the campus and met some students, it is a nice school, but just not for me.

I will probably also apply to some schools on the west coast as much of the Aerospace industry is west now, but also because it's some of those applications that people just send to see if they would have got in or not.

Studying abroad sounds brilliant , I'd love to do it for at least a semester if not multiple ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Fall 2012, I'm in Cal Poly Pomona. And that was BEFORE I started watching Friendship is Magic and became a Brony in April 2013. Considering their mascot are the Broncos, which is a type of horse, this is hilarious! I mean, I got accepted into an university with a horse-related mascot and it seemed to have foreshadowed me getting into Friendship is Magic. ;)   

Bonus Points: There's a statue of a horse outside the building that holds the campus gym. Might as well call the university "Cal PONY Pomona" :lol:

I'm not in College yet, as I would rather find out what I would like to do first. I would rather start small, maybe community College or vocational school. None of that sitting down all the time, I'm not much of a sitting-kind-of-guy. I prefer a little book work but hands-on stuff too. Besides, I have other things I want to think about, such as maybe joining a military branch and getting work experience.

Derp. Well the other day I finished my application for West Texas A&M, I just need my dad to pay the fee, and then after that I just have to copy that application for my three other choices, only you have to pay the fee and submit any copied application so I'm holding off until this weekend or something.

I'm teetering between West Texas A&M and Corpus Christi A&M. I'm really bad at making decisions :(

Good luck with it all! I know exactly what that's like, I'm useless when it comes to deciding. I pulled out of the uni I had been accepted to a month before the year started and went somewhere else XD

Turned out to be a good decision. I hope you manage to make your decision, and that you're happy with it :)

Good luck with it all! I know exactly what that's like, I'm useless when it comes to deciding. I pulled out of the uni I had been accepted to a month before the year started and went somewhere else XD

Turned out to be a good decision. I hope you manage to make your decision, and that you're happy with it :)

It just really sucks cause if I go to west Texas I'll be all alone. Literally. None of my friends are going there and I have really bad social anxiety so that'll suck. It'll be like when I moved to Washington a couple years ago. I had no friends, went to a completely new school in a different state. I was really depressed.

But if I go to Corpus Christi I'll at least have my 2 really good friends who I've known since elementary. My one friend Jennifer is going there for marine biology, same that I would be going to it for, and my best friend Nicole is going there as well. granted they're getting an apartment together and I'll be on campus, but I'll at least get to hang out with them.

Such decisions :(

I'm currently doing an astronomy course in a college called University College Dublin ( UCD for short ). 

It's a good college I like it a lot :)

Edited by NightOwl

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to go to Ohio State University, I found out some information about it and it feels like a dream college to me. It's diverse, tons of classes to choose from, the buildings look gorgeous (especially during the Winter), large campus, there are dorms, and it's not too far away from where I live. I'm currently in 10th grade so I'm a few years off from college though.