Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Ever Appreciated Something More When You Are Older?

Shanks

Sleep is something that you don't appreciate when you're small.

As you grow up,you wanna sleep and sleep more and more,until you want to never wake up(?)

So,if any child is reading this,remember,you'll love aleeping soon or later :muffins:

All I ever want to do these days is sleep, until it's time to go to sleep, then I either get hungry, uncomfortable or have to check something on wikipedia. :P

Oh my God, sleep.

Yes, being an adult is way way more exhausting than being a kid if I knew that I wouldn't have complained anywhere near as much as I did when I was a kid. I used to like staying up late too but like going to bed and waking up early both because it helps me sleep better and gives me extra time during the day and keeping a consistent sleep schedule is also a must because I work 6am shifts 2, sometimes even 3 days a week. I first started this when I got promoted at work 4 years ago and started working 4am shifts, it took some getting used to but once I did I liked it. For a while I was also placed on graveyard (11pm-7:30am) shift and I can say that you don't know the meaning of the word tired until you have to do something like that. 

• Brohoof 1

Sci-fi. I was never into sci-fi when I was younger, but broke into it at 13.

I was addicted to sci fi and anime when I was around that age, it is also when I really got into Star Wars. I like Star Wars as a little kid but it was around middle school when I really started to love it and in my 20's I really got interested in the ancient sith and the old republic era.

I've been a fan of the Metal Gear franchise since Elementary School(I had early exposure since my older brother had the games), I always thought they were fun games but that was it. When you grow up and get smarter, the games become even more enjoyable when you can actually understand the things they talk about

Edited by Megas75

Sleeping in the back of the car while your parents drive.

That, to me, is the very definition of safety and comfort in my childhood.

Though Teen Titans beats Young Justice super hard.

Fixed that for you, friend.

• 2 months later...

A lot of things like for example I appreciate cooking a lot more now as an adult than I did as a child. Seriously everyone should know how to cook imo, it's a really good life skill to have.

Sleep. Definitely sleep. Even though I stay up too late.

Art. I loved art as a child but now I just appreciate it so much more, now I really care about art. I just don't really do it anymore......

When I first started watcing mlp, I was like "Oh just another great cartoon I happen to like."

Now 2 years later, this show has done so much for me. It led me to this forums where I met a lot of great friends. Also, I really started to appreciate the friendship dynamic of the mane six like how their personalities play off each other leading them to be my favorite group of friends in cartoons.

I can believe I forgot to mention Hey Arnold since I was just talking about it in a status update not too long ago. One episode especially comes to mind and it is the episode where it talks about Arnolds parents. I always felt bad for him but when I first saw the episode never really lost any loved ones and years later as tragedies happened it took on a new very personal meaning for me especially after my Dad passed away 2 years ago. It never revealed if Arnolds parents were dead or not but it implied that it is very likely that might be or at the very least are stranded somewhere. The scene where he calls "Mommy, Daddy" is especially heart wrenching and is really a great counter argument to all the claims that they couldn't do something similar with Applejacks parents because it would be "too sad."