Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Single Airtime Single Season: FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Welcome to the Single Airtime Single Season Cup!

I heard that some people were concerned that minor characters weren't featured enough for the World Cup. So I decided to start a SASS to see which character is the best one off character (meaning, those characters that appeared EXCLUSIVELY in one season, eg. Seabreeze and Cheese Sandwich). It's a way for you guys to get acquainted with the World Cup format and to get you guys warmed up for the World Cup through voting!

HERE ARE THE SASS GROUPS! One character from each season!

THE SASS GROUPS

Group A

post-1689-0-88345700-1398634127.png

Group B

post-1689-0-89597100-1398634130.png

Group C

post-1689-0-42388300-1398723616_thumb.png

Group D

post-1689-0-96967900-1398723618_thumb.png

Group E

post-1689-0-92047100-1398808177.png

Group F

post-1689-0-37098900-1399586480.png

Group G

post-1689-0-57045300-1398893826.png

Group H

post-1689-0-86360900-1398893829_thumb.png

Top two characters in each group progresses to the knock out stages as you can see here:

post-1689-0-33744400-1400191406_thumb.png

FINAL RESULTS

CHAMPION: Maud Pie

RUNNER UP: Braeburn

3rd PLACE: Cheese Sandwich

4th PLACE: Babs Seed

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 19

I can think of a couple potential characters, Daring Doo, Flim and Flam, Pound and Pumpkin Cake, Featherweight, Pipsqueak, Queen Chrysalis, maybe Tank.  I'd suggest Smartypants and Tom but they are really more objects than characters :P

I like the roster though and all my suggestions are of course just suggestions.

• Brohoof 4

I can think of a couple potential characters, Daring Doo, Flim and Flam, Pound and Pumpkin Cake, Featherweight, Pipsqueak, Queen Chrysalis, maybe Tank.  I'd suggest Smartypants and Tom but they are really more objects than characters :P

I like the roster though and all my suggestions are of course just suggestions.

Daring Do and Queen Chrysalis are in the World Cup, Flim and Flam, Featherweight, and Pipsqueak already appeared twice. I considered Tank... Maybe I'll do that instead.

Ah, I figured you had reasons for not including them, I was just brainstorming smaller time characters, I somehow missed the only appears in one season part :P  Well that puts Tank on precarious ground too.  But at least the mistake has been made and hopefully nobody else will make it too.

Hmmm, I'd suggest Nightmare Moon as her own character though she was in the flashback in season 4 as well.

Ah, I figured you had reasons for not including them, I was just brainstorming smaller time characters, I somehow missed the only appears in one season part :P  Well that puts Tank on precarious ground too.  But at least the mistake has been made and hopefully nobody else will make it too.

Hmmm, I'd suggest Nightmare Moon as her own character though she was in the flashback in season 4 as well.

Thanks for the ideas though :P

I need some help promoting though because I want this to be a prelude to the MLPF World Cup this June.

• Brohoof 1

YEP!  When I saw this I had to check it out, I think it's a fantastic idea to catch peoples interest until the world cup starts and to keep them from whining that it's not already here. Haha.  Also hopefully since it's lesser characters people won't get as upset or fight so much, a good way to promote friendly competition and hopefully keep that spirit going during the World Cup.

• Brohoof 1

Where is Bon-Bon? I didn't see her in both tables.

Bon Bon didn't appear in just one season. She's a consistent background character who sadly failed to qualify for the 2014 MLPF World Cup. This tournament's for one-offs only. 

Bon Bon didn't appear in just one season. She's a consistent background character who sadly failed to qualify for the 2014 MLPF World Cup. This tournament's for one-offs only. 

Oh ok, thanks for the answer. ;)

• Brohoof 1

So one suggestion I have and it's not the most serious one, I'm not so keen on the One-Off Character Cup as a name. It might disinterest some members and abbreviating it makes OOC which could confuse the Roleplay section.

So I was thinking of other tittles, like 'Short Airtime Single Season Cup' which becomes the SASS Cup ;) or another idea was the 'Single Appearance Distinction Division of the World Cup' which would be The SADD World Cup :P which I know sounds kinda mean but would certainly get my attention as a tittle haha

• Brohoof 1

So one suggestion I have and it's not the most serious one, I'm not so keen on the One-Off Character Cup as a name. It might disinterest some members and abbreviating it makes OOC which could confuse the Roleplay section.

So I was thinking of other tittles, like 'Short Airtime Single Season Cup' which becomes the SASS Cup ;) or another idea was the 'Single Appearance Distinction Division of the World Cup' which would be The SADD World Cup :P which I know sounds kinda mean but would certainly get my attention as a tittle haha

I still like OCC more because it's more succinct, but SASS sounds nice... 

Yeah like I said it's not the most serious suggestion; just a thought I had and then enjoyed indulging in making fun abbreviations for possible options. Since you're the one holding it and it relates to the World Cup Tournament I think it will get plenty of attention not matter what it's called.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah like I said it's not the most serious suggestion; just a thought I had and then enjoyed indulging in making fun abbreviations for possible options. Since you're the one holding it and it relates to the World Cup Tournament I think it will get plenty of attention not matter what it's called.

Now that I say it again, I like SASS... it has a funny flair to it :P I decided to use it, thanks to you :3

• Brohoof 1

Fleur Dis Lee, Ms. Harshwhinny and Tank all appear in two different seasons.

Yeah I ran out of characters for them. For them, Fleur Dis Lee had only major ep in S2, Ms. Harshwhinny in S3, and Tank in S2. 

How come Sombra is in here but not Chrysalis? Makes me sad. :<

Chrysalis isn't eliminated from the World Cup tourney yet, characters that made it to the next round in that were ruled out cause they already proved how popular they are :)

• Brohoof 1

Yay more pony contests! Glad you guys seem to know how to organize these tournaments, because when I look at those tables my brain quites on me like it does math.

• Brohoof 1

Another one eh? Let's hope this tournament doesn't cause as much commotion as the last one seeing as it deals with minor characters. Though should Flash Sentry really be there since we know he'll probably appear in Rainbow Rocks?

• Brohoof 2

Another one eh? Let's hope this tournament doesn't cause as much commotion as the last one seeing as it deals with minor characters. Though should Flash Sentry really be there since we know he'll probably appear in Rainbow Rocks?

Well he's confirmed for EqD only, and he hasn't come out in Rainbow Rocks yet, so he's still eligible. Plus, I couldn't think of any other solely S3 characters significant enough :P.

And , there aren't any flag requests for this one :P.