Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where to buy old MLP comics in UK

Toastie

Hi all, this is something I would like to know and probably some others on this forum, I'm curious if there are any online stores where you are able to buy the old editions of the MLP comics in the UK. Thanks if you have any suggestions :)

Hi all, this is something I would like to know and probably some others on this forum, I'm curious if there are any online stores where you are able to buy the old editions of the MLP comics in the UK. Thanks if you have any suggestions :)

Yes, Forbidden planet in central London is your best bet. However, there are rumours that IDW ( who publish the MLP comic) are pulling outof the UK. They have already stopped publishing their Cartoon network publications, so you might want to get down there sharpish!

• Brohoof 1

However, there are rumours that IDW ( who publish the MLP comic) are pulling outof the UK
Oh no that's really depressing, I hope it's only for cartoon network though. Pony is love, pony is life can't live without them :( 
  • Brohoof 1

I hope so too! I used to read the samurai jack comic but just before the last issue, they pulled it!

Ouch, I'm rly sorry to hear that. Don't mind me asking but what do you do now then, did you just read it online?

Ouch, I'm rly sorry to hear that. Don't mind me asking but what do you do now then, did you just read it online?

Nope, because now it's not even available on comixology! Luckily right now I'm on holiday in the States and tommorow I'm going to a comic book store to pick up a copy.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, because now it's not even available on comixology! Luckily right now I'm on holiday in the States and tommorow I'm going to a comic book store to pick up a copy.

I have been asking on UK Equestria about the IDW thing, luckily people are comic experts on there. One of them replied with this.

"There's no pretty smart person around at the moment, so you'll have to make do with me. clear.png

In this particular case, don't worry! clear.png I won't bore you to sleep with the in-depth version, but basically a problem has been discovered with the licensing agreement between IDW and Cartoon Network that's meant that comics based on CN properties are not properly licensed for distribution in the UK. Many of IDW's animation-based comics are those of CN characters like the Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10, so this is a serious blow to UK collectors of those. I don't know whether there are any plans to sort that out.

My Little Pony, however, is not a Cartoon Network property -- it's owned by Hasbro -- so the CN licensing problems are irrelevant. As far as I'm aware, the MLP comics should carry on appearing in UK comic shops for as long as they can make money selling them. clear.png "

Hope this helps a bit m8 

• Brohoof 2