Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anyone else on the forums..who isn't a brony?

~*bacon princess*~

Honestly,I think that for the past year or so brony has become one of the stupidest names around,simply watching a tv show and participating in some activities shouldn't be surch a large part of your identity that you have a title.I don't consider myself a brony because I only go on the forums once every few days and only watch the episodes once.Besides,the name has too much baggage as others have said,its a thing of the past.

Why is everyone under the impression that bronies are aggressive anti-feminists? I know there are lonely males out there who lost their faith in relationships but I find absolutely no evidence of them taking a political stance on such...

• Brohoof 1

I always thought of someone who enjoyed the show and has chosen to be known as a 'brony' or 'pegasister'. I'm not the biggest fan of this fandom, but like every other fandom, it has its ups and downs. You don't have to call yourself a 'brony' though, it's completely up to you. 

Wouldnt writing on a forum related to the show make you a part of its fandom?

But I get why some people wants the easy card out and say they're not a brony. Since some people dont wanna deal with the hassel. Or simply dont love the show the same way I do.

I for one tho, embrace my bronyhood and love it, and will deffend my bronyism until im dead.

Then again, the word ''Brony'' probably means different stuff to different people.

No one else probably think of the word brony as I do.

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 1

Even if you don't call yourself a "brony" you still are one IMO, now before I get hate saying this, let me do a bit of explaining. Regardless of what you call yourself, if you tell someone that you like MLP, and they know the term brony, to them you are going to be a "brony", and plus I may be a bit biased, but I think the term brony is rather cute myself! :P

• Brohoof 1

Loves the show? Check

Likes to communicate love of show with other fans? Check

I consider myself a brony. That doesn't mean that there's any rules or anything to being a brony. It just means that I love the show, and enjoy the company of those who like it too.

• Brohoof 1

Brony-hood is like Project Mayhem. You decide your own level of involvement. Whether you watch the show or read Comics, play the card game or write fanfiction, it's up to you how you want to behave. Brony just tends to be a catch-all phrase for those who enjoy the show.

Edited by MidnightHour

BEFORE YOU POINT YOUR KNIVES AT ME HEAR ME OUT

by not a brony i mean just a fan of the show.

I really like the show. The tumblr part of the fandom is great.

Just not the 4chan side.

Bronies will cry and scream if feminism is even mentioned

Especially on one of 8-bit-goat's arts of rarity saying 'Ladies are not objects'

I'd show you the comments but the pic is deleted off of derpibooru

I don't want to be a part of the fandom but i watch the show.

is anyone else like this?

I'm not a brony, I've been at this too long for catchy newbie fan driven titles.

• 7 years later...

I consider myself a brony. In the past, I didn't think of myself as one due to my insecurities about liking MLP and the stereotyping of bronies by mainstream society. However, my browser and YouTube history suggests otherwise. So, yes, I'm a brony.