Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What Created The Bad Image For Rockers?

7th Boss

I was talking to my freind the other day and he said that his parents wouldn't allow him to listen to rock, i asked why, he said he had no idea. So I want to ask you what is so wrong about rock? I'm a fan of people like Evanescence, Metallica, and Lincoln park but that doesn't mean I have tattoos and piercings, but is that a stereotype that parents can't get off there mind? I'm quite confused.

Because Evanescense and Licon Park are terrible. :P

I think it's the things associated with the worst kinds of rock.

Y'know...sex, violence, social disobedience...things of that ilk.

I only listen to classic rock, yet my friend's mom won't let him hang out with me because of my music choice,

I'm a bad influence, y'see. x)

• Brohoof 1

They associate it with drugs, violence, sex, and rebellious behavior and then go listen to music from these days, which is actually worse in that department. Or, they hate it for the same reasons and stick to older music. Better than the former, but not by much. I guess they just can't contain the badassery of the rock and metal genres.

I listen to all types of rock, but pay attention to themes. Rock songs found in NASCAR games are really great to listen to. 

I'd say the thing that created the bad image for rock was the way the artists carried themselves. Because of a need to be "cool", stars did drugs, swore, had sex and do all sorts of bad things. Then they sing about it.