Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever role played in real life?

Colorful Respawn

I spent 3 days covered in mud, sweat, and near 40 pounds of gear. Climbing up and down ridges all day, only to take fire from nowhere, respond with a magazine in return, and hike the 7 miles back to base. All in an airsoft game. So if that counts then yea. 

• Brohoof 4

I've played DnD and a handful of other custom RPG-systems. Though I assume this thread is more specifically referring to LARPing. In which case, I can safely say that I've never been involved in it.

(edited)

No this thread is not made for Larping I dont even know what that means! Role playing in real life, the same thing online, but in real life. No dirty comments please! Like airsoft would be considered military role play, or something?

Edited by Gemini Eclipsed

Yes. When I was a kid, me and my sister would play "Lion Tamer". We would always fight over who got to be the lion, because both of us wanted an excuse to bite the other without getting in trouble. If mom got mad at us, the one who was the lion could say that they were a lion, and lions are supposed to bite people. Unsurprisingly, our parents made us stop playing that game :(

• Brohoof 1

I've played DnD and a handful of other custom RPG-systems

Same here... it was quite a while ago, but I used to spend every Saturday for about 3 years playing RPG's (and socializing) with a group of people.  I miss the friends, but was never too great at the RP part of things (and being about the only female in the group made it a little more awkward).

This is probably going to sound weird, but on some of the tougher days at work over the years, I have made my day into an adventure game and given myself "points" for achievements (Called difficult customer and only got cussed at twice! + 10 points!) which helped make the day go faster.

• Brohoof 1

Whenever I do a presentation or perform any kind of public speaking. It's still natural, but I think and act in a different way to try to prevent social anxiety from potentially screwing up the entire thing.

... I also did back in grade 1. I remember playing all these silly role play adventure games with the other kids. We pretended to be emergency vehicles, sonic characters (from the sonic underground tv show), just a whole bunch of stuff like that. It was a lot of fun at recess, we used to play these games in foggy-land (the football field. It was next to a river.)

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I roleplayed in real-life a couple of times already. Most of them were from French class, the teacher would make us stand up and say and act, all in French. Least to say, those times are rather awkward and filled with stuttering.

Then there are times where my family and me would enact something, maybe turn off the lights during night time and have one of us be a monster and the rest oblivious people entering a haunted house. It is rather scary to find a man charging at you without any costume when its dark and yelling out things. 

Both are rather embarrassing, but enjoyable. 

When my friends and I played together as kids, we'd act out little stories that we made up as we went along.

One time one of my friends and I made up a sequel to the Bolt movie--and I played Bolt! (I love playing animal characters :lol:)

Yep, two weeks ago. We somehow managed to group ten people to play D&D. It was freaking fun, but only the shop at the beggining took us 3 hours. o_O We ended up staying awake all night and we played video games.

Also, I was a thief, had +8 in sneaking and kept getting 18 and stuff. I would one hit KO anything xD finally we got raped by a river, where everyone somehow drowned in it.

We will continue the game next weekend. RPG are amazing!

I LARP all the time, tha's Live Action Roleplaying for those not in the know. I am also a member of the Society for Creative Anacronism. 

If anyone is looking for a LARP near them, I might be able to point you in the right direction. PM me if you are sketchy about posting your location publicly. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I used to do a lot of LARP back in the day. Most baltic forests are pretty big, especially scary at night, due to the fog. We'd go out, probably over 200 people, packed in gear, ready to fight.

It was pretty fun, but expensive.

Edited by Guest