Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever role played in real life?

Colorful Respawn

Yes. LARPing is the best. I played a warrior princess named Anna! And I also play DnD on a regular bases. I loveeeee iiiiitttttttt.

LARPing is surely the best.

I used to do it all the time. You pretty much pretend you're a character and run around with your friends. I used to do it every summer in my friends' pool and depending on the character - we'd either run away from eachother or attempt to squirt eachother down with water guns. It was pretty much us plopping random characters in a pool together. xD I kept having people dump buckets of water on my head because our characters often didn't get along. It was really fun.

Well I tried a Larp before... it didn't go well mind you... I met them at a con I went to a year ago. They asked me if I'd be interested and I said sure, and they told me to wear my Ahri cosplay and so I did... I went there and the next thing you know... They are dressed like orcs and trying to rape me. I had to get out of there, and now I just ignore them and I am very thankful I never gave out my address.. >_> This will also ruin my LARP experience for life as well.

All aboard the nopetrain to Fuckthisshitville.

For those who don't know, LARPing is Live Action Role Playing. Its like normal RPing, but you dress up as your character and physically act it all out.

Anyway, I've done some sort-of-not-really medieval reenactment (not like real stuff, with armor, just some friends and I making wooden weapons and shields and having big, 5v5 battles in fields and stuff. We tried to make it as authentic as broke middle schoolers could), and quite a bit of tabletop RPGs. Mostly Pathfinder.

Anyway, RPing in person with friends is about ten times better than RPing online IMO.

I have done Larps before with my friends in Elementary, we would roleplay at lunch. LOTR, Star Wars, World War II, & Medieval Times.

When I got older, I was doing another LARP, and I was with a team of three people it was in the woods and we had tents to help the roleplay go through the weekend, we only used the walk-e-talkies we had when it hit two in the morning. So my group was me and my friend Scott with a girl named Samantha. We had to sleep in the tent, because the dungeon master thought it'd be funner, he was right. But I was awoke that night to Samantha and Scott going at it... I didn't say anything I tried not to laugh.. I wanted to sooo bad! haha

Yeah, I've LARPed tons of times. It's basically like playing pretend when you were a kid, except it's not incredibly stupid childish fantasies this time around. xD
Sometimes it helps with writer's block. My friend and I RP almost every time we're together. Only thing that bugs me is that little to none of her characters are original... Just Footloose or Rock of Ages characters with different stories to them and maybe different personalities... And she bases all her pony designs on other ponies she's seen before instead of making up her own... It bugs me, but sometimes she can be fun to RP with.

Edited by Mint Drop

Can't say that I have, no.

But I remember there was a club in my high school called Sword And Shield where you have to create your own weapon (a sword, hammer, mace, etc. Made out of foam and pvc pipes) and you had to fight people.

You could even carry the stuff IN CLASS. How awesome would that be?

in the army i was a paradrooper, we had a joint training/simulation with the british patchfinders... when we landed we set up a base camp and "shooted" univisible foes in a forest and some targets and stuff.. basically softair with live rounds... still it was fun (and the brits are awesome to work with.. really they are insanelly funny and not cocky like the americans or girly like the germans)  so can i consider this like a "war roleplay" right?

No! But I've always wanted to LARP or learn to play D&D. Those two things are on my bucket list. One day, I shall do them! :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I tell people I think things I don't think. Or I do things I don't enjoy to give the impression that I do.

I like to be a convincing actor I guess. Some may view it less positively.

But I was awoke that night to Samantha and Scott going at it... I didn't say anything I tried not to laugh.. I wanted to sooo bad! haha

Ah ha ha...

That reminds me. My friend was doing a legitimate medieval reenactment, and after one of the big battles, he slept with the wife of the opposing army. Apparently she was known for getting around and the husband was cool with it. Which is good because the dude is fucking huge.

I believe IRL roleplaying is caled LARP and no I have not LARP'd

Not really. IRL roleplaying is just like online roleplaying, except its in person, usually sitting around a table covered in character sheets, maps, and dice. LARPing specifically refers to dressing in full costume and acting out everything in as close to an authentic setting as you can get.

Also, IRL RPing is usually done as an RPG, such as D&D; there are rules and stats and everything, with a clear goal in mind. As opposed to the kind of online RPing we have here, where we just post as our characters with no mechanical rules.

• Brohoof 1

I tried. I went to a convention as the protagonist of Cave Story. Who's a near-silent protagonist.

"Hey, nice Ace Attorney shirt!"

"IT'S FROM AN RP OKAY"

"NO I'M NOT RED"

"OH MY GOD RED. YOU'RE THE REASON NOBODY KNOWS WHO I AM"

"Well that was... disturbing"

"OHMYGOD I REMEMBER THIS GAME"

... I could've done better.

Do I ever role played in real life?

Well, not like with all my friends, but on skype we do when were not playing a game..

Mostly, I role play online with my friends too. Such joy :)

Got dressed in military fatigues and hiked out through fields with friends to have a few games of airsoft in a forest.

Also, I played as plenty of people as a kid :3

Apart from that though, IRL it's only been sexual RP's, andd I've only done a couple. Not really my cup of tea.