Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Does Superman get too much flak?

Mywas

A lot of people call him boring compared to Batman.

But I disagree, They both are unique in their own way

Batman is the one you are meant to relate to due to his tragic backstory while Superman is meant to be the one you look up to and see him as a role model.

Do you agree with me or do you still find him boring?

I haven't heard too many people hate on him but yes I have heard some people say that he is boring because he is in their opinion overpowered. Much of these accusations stem from the silver age Superman (1950's) who was the most powerful version of Superman ever made who had some ridiculously over the top power such as being able to run so fast that he was able to go back in time and being able to move entire planets and even blow out stars with his breath. Subsequent versions were powered down but are still quite powerful and Superman eventually had to face some serious challenges from the likes of Darkseid who is literally a god, Doomsday who is a Kryptonian eugenics experiment gone horribly wrong and abomination among abominations and even Superboy Prime (alternate version of Superman from another universe) who is every bit as powerful as the silver age Superman and is immune to the Kryptonite from our universe. 

It's not the fact that hes boring, it's the fact that he has super strength, the ability to fly, laser vision, x ray vision, and his real only weakness isn't found on Earth. Kind of like, eh, less impressive when he does something impressive to me.

I'm pretty sure hitting Superman with flak is about as effective as using bullets on him.

Kidding aside, the common problem for Superman is that he's often cast as a boring invincible hero. His only weakness is a green space rock that appears when the plot necessitates it. More often than not, however, he can just power through most challenges.

The fact that Superman is basically an all-American boyscout isn't inherently a boring thing. You can have an interesting story with characters who are moral paragons. Christopher Reeve's portrayal of Superman is perhaps the best example of making a character to whom we cannot readily relate someone who is likable.

• Brohoof 1

He gets too much hate indeed, people seem to forget that he's had his ass handed to him many times. 

I don't like him too much, but he does get hated on a lot more than he should