Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think gaming livestreams are entertaining?

jackleapp81

Do you enjoy watching videogame livestreams?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Do enjoy watching videogame livestreams?

• Nope.
    • Yeah, but only if it's a game I like.
    • Yes, but only if the commentary is good.
    • Absolutely, but it has to have good commentary AND be a game that I'm interested in.
    • I'll watch any videogame livestream. I can't get enough of them!!

After seeing the following comic, I started to wonder:

Just how many people out there actually enjoy watching videogame livestreams? Personally, I never have, but there's got to be a reason why they're so popular. Do you enjoy them? Do you have a particular livestreamer that you watch on a regular basis? Let me know in the comments below.

d806619790dfee7cf453d48ac0bc5645.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well, I think tht it has to be either someone I enjoy watching a lot (Like Joel from Vinesauce or TotalBiscuit) or a game that's good with it (Like FTL or Surgeon Simulator). If it can be either of those, I can get into it pretty easy.

I'm more of a YouTube person to be honest  :lol:

I've never really liked livestreams in games where you progress because they kind of spoil the person what's going to happen next and help the person solve puzzles instead of having that person solve the puzzles which in my opinion makes it more interesting. That said I've never watched an online livestreamer so I wouldn't know about that one.

They can be entertaining, but you need to find the right streamer. Many of the streams are just a face cam and someone blandly and passively commenting on the game. That's just boring and I don't know how people can just watch those streams.

My favourite streamer on twitch is MonotoneTim, the same fellow that put up the "Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal" LP on youtube. He usually plays Rollercoaster Tycoon and the Oregon Trail and has the chat participate by changing their name colour to one of the ones on the wagon. It's pretty funny in the chat whenever something bad happens to a certain team. (eg: Team Blue has died of dysentery.)

Edited by Celtore

It's really only any good if you have a good commentator, someone witty and funny, and good with audience interaction. I also think it helps if the game they are playing has some random elements to it. Roguelikes, and rougelites are probably the best for streaming.

I absolutely love BOILR (Binding of Isaac racing league). Now that is a lot of fun to watch.

I watch two kinds of livestreams. Speedrunners with personality who are trying their darnedest to break a game and see how quickly they can reach the end, and tournaments. StarCraft 2 is a fantastic eSport and I also have an affinity for fighting games like Street Fighter and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

• Brohoof 1

Minecraft streams are usually boring as all hell, mostly because the commentator is just talking about pointless stuff. I'd rather watch paint dry, than sit in a twitch stream and listen to some dude talk about his day for like two hours.

I never cared for livestreams. I guess I'd rather play the game than watch a person play and stream it and talk about boring stuff.

I do watch some gaming channels on Youtube, but at least a lot of them are cut down to 10-20 minute episodes. Good to watch when eating breakfast :P

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

The vast majority are boring. Honestly, the only livestreams I can ever stand to watch are livestreams of fighting game tournaments or online lobbies (in the latter case, I can even join in sometimes). The funny part is that they can still be pretty enjoyable with very minimal commentary, which is common for the lobbies not so much for the tourneys. Pretty much everything else bores me to death, even if it's a game I love to play. I have a much easier time watching a let's play of a game rather a livestream probably because of the episodic format.

Edited by Mutemutt

(edited)

I only watch Bro Team livestreams.

Everything else is the same, droned, stale commentaries.

I watch Bro Team's exclusively because of his dryness and his interactions with his a$$hole fans in the chat.

I swear...if you hate liveztreams, just watch this:

EDIT: it's this one, I f*code it up

Edited by Dattebayo

Not even remotely. For the same reason I don't watch walkthroughs of a game, I'd rather just play them for myself. Plus lag is a killer. I'll sometimes watch streams after the fact for a few minutes or if it's a speedrun of some sort (like watching someone beat Dark Souls within an hour and a half) but the rule is generally the same.

I usually watch Let's plays on youtube (even though I rarely finish them), but I occacionally watch live streams (Especially LoL e-sports). I only enjoy streams/LP's if, I like the game, the commentary is good and, sometimes, if I can learn stuff from it (especially with complicated games, like Crusader Kings 2).

(edited)

Yeafdfdfdasdaaweawewereererffdfdasdaaweawewereererf

Edited by ,,,