Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Most depressing song?

Adachi

What is the most depressing song you've ever heard? For me, this would be my all time highest. Just think of what poor

Athena and Simon

went through *sniff* :(

• Brohoof 1

Any of the ending themes from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon they are so depressing, I love/ hate them so much. If anyone played the games you cried at the end, manly or womanly tears. I recently completed Gates to Infinity and I cried so much because I made the mistake of naming my character me and my best friend as my first partner, being in college and away from my best friend and seeing that ending made me feel like, "No, we can't be separated, can we? I don't want to go"

You want the most depressing song? I'd go with "Hungarian Suicide Song" or the English title it goes by "Gloomy Sunday".

A wonderful melancholy song were the singer contemplates how nice suicide would be after having lost their lover. The song has urban legends around it for inspiring suicide or at least being something listened to while or before suicide. It has experienced banning from the radio and was very hard to publish in the first place.

One publisher rejecting it is quoted as saying:

"It is not that the song is sad, there is a sort of terrible compelling despair about it. I don't think it would do anyone any good to hear a song like that.”

Here's the most popular version by Billie Holiday

And a version I find particularly chilling but beautiful

It has been covered by many artist but always holds on to it's own dark charm

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 1

Well i have a few, someone already metioned Johny Cash's version of hurt so here i go

"Fade Away" by The Black Heart Procession

The first time i was greeted with this song was when i beat Infamous 2(I beat good first so yeah it was sad with good ending)

And why not this song really is sad

"Nothing Compares to you" Sinead O'Connor

If you havnt heard it, yeah it is super sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUiTQvT0W_0

A song called Jealousy by Medina, because whenever she gets to the chorus she says '' I'm dying of jealousy, I'm dying of jealousy '' and probably repeating it for 8 times.

This, no doubt. Reminds me of my grandfather.

I was legitimately listening to this a few hours ago, and instantly thought about putting it up in this thread. It's an amazing and deep rendition, that even tugs at my heartstrings a little.

• Brohoof 1

I have heard some more depressed songs than this, but it is the only one that comes to my mind right now.

It sounds soo happy. xD

Aww man, you took the one I wanted to posted :(

But that is an overly happy song about suicide...

Edited by Cyber Link