Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private (FoE) Old Friend Paths

notten1

In the world in 2208, After the Zebra Nation has dropped the MegaSpells after the war, and after the Pegasi Enclave sealed up the clouds to keep themselves safe, and to kill the wildlife below. 

This is the Equestrian Wasteland, This is the land that used to be filled with Happiness and love, but now filled with Hardship and gore. The ponies that have lived here for years are veterans of the wastelands, because if you mess up or get ambushed, you will die. It's just a matter of time 'till you need help. See that is what I want to do with the Wasteland, I want to help these poor ponies here. 

I am Line Plucker, and with my band and I, are part of a Caravan Company. We are here to give supplies to the needy and protection for the Weak. We are here to help. My buddies are walking the roads to the outskirts of Manehatten to supply a small community there. Here come my friends, and we walk these paths.

"Ok, everypony, we're gonna be awhile til we get be back 'ere" As I said the rest as I was packing my brahmin, Tom "We're gonna be goin' to a settlement near Manehatten" I packed up my Old Hunting Rifle, an' my old Broadcaster incase of emergences, and my .308 Ammo. I've been setting up this trip for weeks now, I really want to get this place some food and ammo. I want to get this 'cause I know they're good ponies. "Ok, We're the first ones out, at Sunset. So don't get ya hooves in a twist." It's afternoon now, the smell of Rabbit-Bobs and Brahmin dung in the air. The rickity steel contruction of the walls, and the small shacks made of wood that looks as if it's been made and made again. 

Edited by notten1

I gave a small grunt before stretching out my hooves and back. Another job...hopefully it won't be much longer till I'll have earned enough caps to actually find a place to live. The thought appeased me a little, making the whole trek seem worth its luster...but it was still a job. At least there was some eye candy. The caravan leader did have great curvature throughout her bod-gah! Not the time to be thinking about nonsense like that. Brushing the thought from my mind, I smugly proceeded up close to the brahmin, patting my side to make sure my zebra officer sword still held firm to my belt. One breath was given before I looked to the open wastes, thoughts of my old life as a raider passing through my mind. I didn't bring much except a few bottles of purified water and basic med kits. Not much else was needed. Wish I had access to some tech, my thoughts continued as I attempted to ignore eye contact with the caravaneer or the other guards. Their connections didn't matter to me. I was here for the caps...

Edited by Aerodynas

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

I groan as I look at my letter again. I couldn't believe that I was being called out, again. I thought I had finally been able to settle down and be rid of anypony who needed me to come to them. But now apparently there was somepony at Tenpony who says they have a favor for me to take care of. Apparently I owe the guy something, I just don't remember it. But regardless, he did say I would get a few caps out of this, so I guess it isn't a total loss. Only problem is, Tenpony is kind of a long distance away, and I am not exactly someone to travel that far on my own.

I walk down to the caravan company that was close to where I would normally live. Surly there would be somepony there "willing" to help me out. And if not, I'm sure I could... persuade them to help me out.

With a grin on my face I walk into the caravan company and start looking around. Let's see... no... not her. They look like they just got back... wait, is that one leaving? I ran up to a caravan group that looked as if they were just now leaving. Why they would be leaving this early I have no idea. I run up to the group and spot a tough looking black stallion. Obviously a guard, but maybe he could help me out.

I approach him and come up from behind him. Immediately my tail wraps around his and begins tickling the back of his legs. "Hey there big boy." I say to him in an suggestive tone.

"Ok, do ya-" I notice my guard about to get talked to by some pony. I smirked when she was trying to act seducively. "Miss, I'm sure you know how to do that better" I finally walked over from where I was to the Mare. "So whatcha want, Miss, I'm Line, pleasure to meetcha" I viguorisly put out a hoof for a hoofshake. ((Short, but I didn't want anyone left behind :P))

@@Charcoal Embers,@@notten1,

For a while, the wasteland seemed to shimmer in it's calling to devour the caravan. It seemed very threatening. Suddenly, a ticklish warmth wrapped around my tail, causing me to stiffen up a little before relaxing and looking to the mare with a smug coolness in my expressionless face. "Good afternoon...small...girl..." I answered back, expertly hiding my vulnerability to flirtatious mares yet allowing her tail to caress my hindleg. Mares...so quick to play stallions around their hooves...This one would be a force to recon with. Cautiously, I readied to attack her with my sharpened sword on my belt until the caravan leader showed to stop the mare's tactics. I remained silent as to not interfere though there was still a little disappointment in the feel of her tail loosening.

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

This was simply too easy. This stallion could practically be putty in my hooves, had this mare not walked up and interrupted me. Regardless, the mare looks like somepony who could lead me to whoever is in charge here. Might as well ask. Too bad this stallion has to be put on hold. He is pretty cute. Too bad he isn't a mare.

I turn away from the stallion and look at the mare. She didn't look like too much of a threat. Though that rifle on her back look something fierce. Wonder where she got that? Maybe I could talk her into giving it too me. Though, with how pricy that thing looks, I doubt she will give it to me so easily. Maybe I should get to know her better first. And that stallion did have a nice sword on him. I could probably fetch a nice price for that.

I cleared my throat before smiling at the mare. "Well... hello there. It is wonderful to meet you Miss Line. My name is Caprisha." I say before giving a slight nod at my head as I give a quick look to see if she has anything stored or held anywhere lower than her back. After looking for a split second she looks back up at Line. "So tell me, what is such a cute mare as yourself doing out here in the wastes? With your looks I'm sure you could do much better than this." I say, trying to get on her good side as best I can. If I am going to be traveling with this group, I will need to get at least one good word in to whoever the boss is.

• Brohoof 1

@@Aerodynas  @@Charcoal Embers

So this mare was trying to get in my guard's head. "Well, Miss Caprisha, Do ya need anythin'. If ya dunno, I'm the one that's heading this operation. We-" I stopped myself when I noticed myself blush from her previous comment. "Uh, eh... Ahem..." Trying to stop my blushing, Damn, What was she doing with me. Did she know? Meh, she can't. I then saw her looking at my rifle. My eyes immediatly knew what she was thinking, "Eh... That rifle ain't for you, it's gonna stay with me. Probably not for Workin', but it's got sentimenal value" After that I finally got my composure together, and trying to be professional. "Ahem, Anyhoof. I am the Head Merchant for this Caravan to a town on the edge of Manehatten, This fine Gentlecolt, is my guard. We are currently about to make departure, we have an open foor policy when it comes to ponies following us. Now your turn, whatcha buisness"

• Brohoof 1

I didn't really care for the two mares' banter, noting that both of them were likely dangerous individuals. My next approaches around the two would have to be carefully devised. It'd be better if I just kept my head down for a while. 

Adjusting myself with the slight jingle of my sword, I carefully stepped to the side and walked past Line to the brahmin, double checking the fastens and correcting the ones Line had left too loose. I didn't know why I was hoping to get lucky with the mare, but the disappointment at seeing her blush to the other mare's words kinda turned me off. Meh, she wasn't all that attractive anyways. Clearing my throat, I then pat the hindquarter of the bramin kindly before sighing in wait for the two mares to stop their pointless words. I wasn't getting paid till we arrived...unfortunately.

@@notten1, @@Aerodynas,

I look at Line with a look that has a bit of surprise, and a bit of respect. So this mare was the leader? Well then, that just made things easier. Especially now that I know that she likes my compliments. Now I just have to press a bit more. Maybe use a different voice. Her rifle also seems important to her, so getting her to talk about that could be a good way to get her to start talking about stuff. But that can be something I use later. Her clothes are definitely something to take into consideration. But maybe later as well.

I then smile at Line. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of taking your precious gun from you. I'm not much of a gun mare if you know what I mean." I say. truth be told, I don't usually soot guns. Too loud and they hurt sometimes. "But if you don't mind, I would like to travel with you. I mean, why wouldn't I? I don't really need to sight see because I got everything I need to look at right here." Caprisha said, moving a bit closer to Line, her horn glowing as she grabbed the stallion's tail.

I don't really care how cute he is. Ponies don't just walk away from me. Maybe I just need to show him a bit more flirt. Though, I will need to be careful not to upset him too much. I'm sure that he doesn't carry around that sword for show. It would probably do quite the number on me if he really tried.

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 1

@@Charcoal Embers,@@notten1,

As soon as I felt my tail lift slightly up strangely, I knew the work to be of magic. What is with this mare? Abruptly, my horn flashed a redviolet color, breaking her spell while I spent the rest of the awkward moment glaring at the mare before backing away while keeping my eyes on her. Most mares that had a legit attraction for another stallion were a lot more held back. This one wasn't interested...but perhaps if she were intoxicated...No matter how appealing the thought of the two mares catering to my desires, I pushed the thoughts from my head. I was no longer that kind of stallion. My past was evil...and now I needed to make amends.

As I made it to the other side of the brahmin, I let out a relieved sigh. Sweet Celestia how long would he have to wait for them to stop talking? My impatience really shown through but who wouldn't be impatient right?

• Brohoof 1

Well, this Caprisha gal sure is somepony... I'm gonna have trouble with my buisness if she's gonna try to mess things up with my clients and my ponies. When I saw her acting a certain emotion coming from her. Ah, that's what it is, Horny, or at least from what I see. 

It also struck me when I saw her when she was remarking my rifle, I smirked and just snided, "Pfff, please, gal, I can see through those tricks of yours, I can tell you're gonna try to manipulate me. But lemme tell you this, Miss, I ain't somepony to try to get by talkin', I'm a bit more tricky than that" After that little bit of bickering, I noticed she actually did want to join the group. Weird because usually I'm pretty happy when somepony joins the group for a trip, but she struck me off, as a pony that's crooked, but I dunno...

"So whatdya have to add to th-" What was she doing to that stallion, he may be cute, but this is buisness, and we can't have people that we haven't even met just go 'round just flirtin' at her will. "Capri, is it ok if I'm able to say that, I'm sorry to say this, but we ain't supposed to be flirtin' with partners at least 'til we're on the road, got it?" I gave a smirk at Caprisha, and walked past the Guard, bumped my flank on his Back as he sat. Then I intentionally dropped a note on the ground from my saddlebag, it read: 

Hey, if you want to know your boss a little more, and relax a little, just get me a drink maybe? -Line Plucker

Hope that got him happy, he's been acting nervous and, from my guessings, pervy since he's stepped foot into this compound, maybe he needed to settle down and have a bit of time with somepony. Just maybe. After I dropped the note infront of him, I gave him a smirk, a wink, and a nudge to get going. As now, we are leaving for the Roads. I yelled, "Come on, everypony! Time's-a-wastin'! Let's Go!" After that we set hoof on the dusty road, it was now Sunset, the time we needed. 

Let's hope the crew's ready.

((>_> I hate not having internet, This is before Aero's post, And has some changes... I'm sorry, but I spent alot of time on this))

• Brohoof 1

@@notten1,

As usually aware as I was, the bump against my back was somewhat unexpected. What was with these mares? My eyes observed the golden mare strut away before I caught sight of a note falling in front of me. Not allowing my trained eyes to stop skeptically glaring at Line, I shot a hoof up and caught the parchment before giving it a brief glance. It made me sigh as I began to ponder how many unfortunate stallions...er mares had read that paper. By her reaction to the more flirtatious one, the not was dropped to him by total accident. Rolling my grey eyes in an unimpressed manner, I quickly climbed to my hooves and fiercely looke out into the wasteland. Let the game begin...

I glanced over behind me to make sure the other mare wasn't sneaking up, giving a slightly greater distance after catching sight of her. No words needed to be spoken. They were my own to bear...Celestia did I wish I had brought a little whiskey...

@@Aerodynas, @@notten1,

I was practically shocked by the reaction I had gotten from the mare. The stallion I could understand, he was too tough for me and simply couldn't be bothered. Okay, that was a simple one. She just had to take baby steps with him. But the mare... that hurt even more than the stallion. As I watched Line drop a note for the stallion I could feel my heart shatter. She had chosen him over me? B-But... why? Was I too forward? I didn't get it.

My ears and head lowered and I began walking away from the caravan as they left. She wasn't wanted here, that much was obvious. And honestly, I'm not even sure if I want to go with them now anyway. I had just wanted help, and I had never lied to any of them, yet... Line still had thought I had lied to her.

(edited)

@@Charcoal Embers  @@Aerodynas

I walked the roads, and used my levitation to urge Tom to move. As I was doing so I saw Capri lookin' down. Oh dear, did she think I was going to fall for him, I spoke up saying, "Hey don't get sad, we still need to know eachother. Just like what I'm askin' him, if ya wanna know" I smiled, to try to make light on the situation.

As we set out into the Dusty and Horrid wastes, I had weird flashbacks with those two. Of other ponies that I've been with before. With sad lives... They reminded me of an old caravan I used to work at. These ponies reminded me of someponies that I was with when I went to Manehatten before. Except that they were older than me and I was just 17. When I was with them, one was trying to hook up with me, and the other was get hard ons for it. But still, I don't think it would happen... But those ponies died at the edge of Manehatten. They died by the hands of Raiders. I couldn't do anything, I wasn't tough enough, I just... I just ran. I ran until I couldn't anymore. I then walked, and I've walked like that for years. Only recently did I ever get back into the buisness.

After I snapped out, I noticed that we've only gone out 100 feet from the Gate, and I was on the floor, with a puddle of what looked like tears next to me. I don't know what went over me, am I that devestated? I hope I didn't scare the others off. I finally got up, wiping away my tears, and I stammered out, "G-Give me a drink" 

Edited by notten1
  • Brohoof 1

@@notten1,@@Charcoal Embers,

Upon my strong lead ahead of the caravan brahmin, I looked back to see the Caprisha mare turning to go back. It didn't matter to me whether or not the other mare left. Good riddance. She was just another mouth to feed. I watched only for a brief moment before getting disappointed after barely making out the muffled sounds of them talking again. Of course Line would talk her into staying.

That was around the same time Line suddenly collapse in an uproar of tears. What the hell? I didn't sign up for this stupidity...With an annoyed grunt, I stopped walking forward and turned backwards, placing a hoof on one Tom's heads to stop him before proceeding to the disoriented mare. My eyes were sharp with fire as I glared to the mare who had managed to climb back up to her hooves. I stopped directly in front of her face, a small growl coming from my lips before I addressed her unsympathetically: "First off, knock that sentimental shit off. I don't have the time or the will to put up with it. Let's get something straight before we move any farther: I am not you nor that other pony's playtoy. As well, the gates back to the outpost are only a short distance away. I can leave just as easy as I began, but good luck in your attempts to find another caravan guard out in the middle of nowhere at one of the least populated outposts in the whole equestrian zone. This is the wasteland, not a fucking tea party. Get your hooves moving or I will steal your caravan and leave you both dead here and now."

My eyes never phased in a different direction until I was finished, even as my words turned dark. They were more of idle threats but as far as I knew, they would likely kill me given the right setting anyways. My horn glowed it's red-violet color once more in ready to draw my weapon, though it was more of a bluff. I was a mean stallion, yes...but what else was there? My hopes and dreams could not be crushed simply because of the drama of two whores of ponies. 

I continue walking until I have made it out of the caravan company. I thought this would be easy, and that I could manipulate somepony easily... but I didn't expect rejection on that scale before. I... I have never been hurt more than ever before... why was she so mean to me? I never did anything to her before. I simply complimented her. And it is obvious that she had liked it, but then...

My heart hurt just thinking about what had happened. Never before had I felt such pain before. I promised myself that I wouldn't not cry in these kinds of situations... but... when a single tear manages to get free and run down your face, you can't help but let another go... and another... and another. The next thing I know I am sobbing in at the outside the caravan company, not caring who sees me.

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

*Sniff* "That ain't a way to talk to your boss" Looking at Caesim in a glareful manner. Seeing him grabbing his katana, I was also grabbing my rifle with my Levitation, but I was moving it around him in a decietful manner. I Smirked again, "You know, that if you were that dumb to do that to somepony that has as much experience as me." At that moment I Slid my bolt back on my Rifle and slid a round into the chamber, "Checkmate" I shot into the ground near his feet. 

"Point taken? Good" I walked off smirking, away from Him, and into the other direction. Which just happens to be toward the gate, during which I caught a glimpse. A glimpse of sadness, I saw the mare walking away from the Gates, crying. I knew her, she was Caprisha, the mare that was inside with us. Somehow... Somehow I felt guilty, like I've been to rough or tough, or something. I remember thinking of the time I got fired from my job as a Bartender from New Appleoosa, and the feelings and tears I've had during that.

I slowly made my way to her, in a mournful way. "Hey, uh... Caprisha. I jus' wanna say I'm sorry for what happened back there. It's just that I wanted to keep things orderly. But from that stuff that happened, I changed my mind. I am awfully sorry for you now. You remind me of myself back one day. One day where I just couldn't hold back the tears of rejection, but today I forgot the feelin' and was blind from my job helpin' ponies, that I forgot to actually help 'em..." I held for a closed, pause moment. After which I put forth my hoof, "Can you forgive me?"

Edited by notten1
  • Brohoof 1

Expertly, I didn't even flinch when the bullet struck in front of me, my eyes not ever leaving her gaze. Still my horn glowed, ready to use my sword when necessary.  It wasn't that I wasn't fearful of her gun but rather that I wasn't fearful of any death. I deserved death whether the wasteland decided against it or not. "I hope you don't hesitate when we go to the wasteland. If you do, you life will be forfeit," I affirmed, turning around abruptly as well when Line did. Why did things always have to be so complicated? I wanted an quick, easy way to make caps. That was it.

With a slight sigh, I protected the brahmin she named Tom, rubbing behind his ears kindly. "Mares...you can never understand them...or their wickedness. Do you have any female issues Tom?" I asked as though he could speak back before smirking. "You're lucky..."

@@notten1,

I continued to lay there on the dirt dirt road of the wasteland loathing in my self pity. It was a few minutes before my ears perk up and I hear somepony approaching. Why does anyone care if I lay here crying? This is the wasteland. Everypony is out for themselves. No pony cares about anypony else. This pony is probably just here to kick me while I am down. That would be what is most likely going to happen.

I probably should get up... run away, prevent this pony from harming me in some way or another, but I just can't bring myself to. It is just too hard to do anything right now except wet the ground with my tears. But then something I don't expect happens. The next thing I know I am being spoken to calmly... careingly...

I look up to see who it was, tears staining my face and dirt covering the rest of my face. When I saw Line standing there my heart jumped a bit. H-Had she really come back? Did she really care? That was all that went through my mind as I just stared at Line, unable to speak or move as her words just go around me, not letting me hear them until I hear... something I haven't heard somepony say genuinely in a long time. 'Can you forgive me?'

At those words I smile a bit at Line, almost overjoyed by her words. Slowly I stand to my hooves, a bit shaky, but still I stand up and continue to look at Line. "I... I can forgive you... but... I don't know why... you just rejected me like you did before. I didn't do anything to you... yet you called me a liar..." I said, releasing a bit of steam.

I felt myself flutter as soon as she accepted the offering, Even as I wanted her to accept it, I was still suprised. I stammered, "Ah, why thanks, bu-" Being interrupted by the rest of her speach, and feeling more and more guilty as the part of it. I sighed, "I-I understand how you feel, it's just havin' a buisness is stressful and you need to be cautious," I look at Caprisha with pleading eyes, ones wishing for forgivness, although already getting it. "Ponies here usually get off with me an' try to steal my stuff or even Tom, so I've learned over the years to toughen. B-But I know that I can sometimes overlook what I actually want to do." I grabbed her stuff and steadied her stance. Giving her a strong, friendly smile, I said, "You know you can still come with me, you know. We could use another set of hooves"

@@notten1,

I smiled a bit more at Line and suddenly give her the biggest hug that I could ever muster. This was the greatest feeling ever, knowing that somepony was really, truly sorry for something they did. Even if it wasn't intentional, she was still sorry. And that was all that mattered to me. "Well... i-if you don't mind... w-what was on that note that you dropped for... him..." I asked, a bit nervous to ask what was on that note. For all I knew it was an invitation to her bedroom... or maybe even more...

When I was finished talking to her, I was suprised with a Hug, a Big Warm Hug. It has been years or at least the first one in years when I wasn't drunk. I started walking, Talking with Caprisha, I said, with a slight laugh, "You do know that I just asked him to Drink, it ain't like anythin' special, just messin' with him." I giggled a bit and said again, "I was also gonna tell you the same thing, but I wanted you to walk a bit, guess you didn't take the wasteland to heart." 

As we grew closer to the Brahmin, I gave her a pat on the back and I went back infront of Tom and Tugged on him. Or at least I tried, then I saw Caesim ranting to Tom for some reason, "Ahem... We're gonna be going?" I smiled a little bit, in a fun way and urged him up. "Ok, let's get going. Includin' you Miss"

Finally Line returned...with the other mare. Great, well at least I would have a meat shield for the caravan leader if worst came to worse. I was quickly getting somewhat bored of the unresponsive glances of the brahmin to my pathetic conversation. Without so much as a word or expression, I got out of the way and began proceeding forward into the wastes with the other two wastelanders. There was hardly any wind in the air surprisingly, making a clear path forward to our destination. So much closer to our objective even though we had only began. 'Please...let this get over with as soon as possible,' my thoughts pleaded to some entity that I didn't even believe was there. Perhaps I was talking to myself again. I really could use some jet about now...

@@notten1,

I smiled a bit, but was still a bit skeptical. I mean, just offer him a drink? That couldn't have been the only thing she wanted from him. I swear I saw her wink at him. There has to be other things going on. My head lowered again, this time for other reasons than just sadness. Maybe I should try a new approach to this. She seems like a pony that cares, so let's see how much I can get her to care about me,

"I... are you sure? I mean... he is a pretty good looking stallion. So are you sure you just wanted to get him a drink... I wouldn't be surprised if you did." I said to Line, trying to look a bit sadder.

• Brohoof 1

Walking these wastes are a pain as they said, but atleast I'm making the best of it and trying to help the poor ponies living in it. As we were going down these roads, I was torn from my wandering and mindless stupor by Caprisha. She looked sad, almost as sad as the time at the gates, but not as sad. She said the words in a tone that I couldn't refuse to answer, simply because I want to be nice after all, or was it something else. I immediatly pushed that last thought out of my mind. 

After the words she said, I thought a little, to think of a way that would sound the most appealing to her. "Ehm... They thing is, I was going to ask you the same thing, as you said, but I wanted to do it 'til we know eachother better. And" I looked at her and then at Caesim, then back. I whispered into her ear, "I also think that he's getting hard ons for us sometimes, did you see him when you wrapped your tail around him? I saw the whole thing. Well, that was one of the reasons that I came over, so he wouldn't crack under pressure, 'cause from what I've seen, he's a pony that has to have his pride." I stared into eyes, and her hair, observing her. I said again, in a more normal talkative tone, "So, I want to ask you a question, What brought you us to our humble abode?" After those last words were spoken, I was stopped when I heard a small voice come from a derilect Shack. 

"Eh..." Thinking about walking in the shack, I then grabbed my rifle,"I'll be back, you two get friendly" When I walked inside the dank and dusty Stamp Steel shack, I was immediatly struck my the skeletons of a pair of Ponies. Ew.. Anyhoof, Other than that, I saw a footlocker, and makeshift table, a bed and a radio. Hmm... A radio. I turned up the radio, enough to where I knew the ones outside were able to hear. "Hello! It is Dj-Pon3 here with your local news..." I turned it back down, It was just the news, I thought to myself. I then went to the Footlocker, it was locked, hmm... I then levitated it and gave it a small shaking motion and I heard, *Clink, Clink* Oh my goddesses! I think it may be what I was looking for! And. Maybe a chance for the two to prove themselves. After about 4 minutes in the Shack I went outside to the two. I talked in an authoritative voice, "There" Pointing to the Shack with a hoof, " is a place you should look more into, maybe there are stuff you might want." I then stopped the voice and went back over to Tom, when there motioning my head to the others to go into the shack.