Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If The Princesses Appeared To Humankind 1000 Years Ago?

Denim&Venöm

How would the world be different if Celestia and Luna appeared to every culture 1000 years ago and announced that they were going to rule Earth and guide humanity? How would each civilization have reacted back then? Which would be most embracing? Which would be most hostile? How would interactions between the different cultures, races, and nations have changed with all of them being ruled by the same monarchs? How would the past 1000 years of history have unfolded differently under the rule of Equestria's royal sisters and what would today's world be like? What would be the same? What would be missing? What would be there that isn't here now? How would the human race be different being under one rule by magical equines?

Complex questions I know but I want complex answers!

Edited by Denim&Venom

1000 AD ?

They better stay out of europe. We would declare war on them. Maybe we would see them as demons.

Probably the native americans would be the most embracing. They like animals and stuff.

Edited by Gary S.

I could imagine them being embraced by the Mayans. As far as I know, Mayans did a lot of sun worship. Seeing a physical manifestation of a sun goddess would be the best thing ever to them.

I think Europe would actually react positively. Yeah, Christianity had a huge hold on Europe back then, but there were many who still remembered their ancestor's religions. The Irish would probably think that Celestia and Luna were either sisters of Epona, or related, or manifestations of her. And most of the power of the church relied on keeping people misinformed and intimidated. If the people saw Celestia and Luna, they would question the church, and defect to the side of the sisters. France would definitely join their side, since the French were, and still are, mostly liberal, while the sisters have a lot of liberal ideas, such as equality for all, peace, and harmony. The Greeks would probably think that Celestia is one of Apollo's steeds, or that she was some form of sun goddess. If they visited Japan, I'm not sure how it would go. They already have a sun goddess, and they believe that their kami take precedence over any outsider deities. Although I don't think they would be hostile towards them. They would probably welcome them, as long as they're not aggressive. As for the Egyptians, and most of the rest of the middle east, they likely wouldn't put them equal to their own deities, but they would probably consider them deities from an outside realm, and still give them respect, and take care to not offend them.

• Brohoof 5

I've heard a lot about the princesses appearing in the present day, but this is a groundbreaking concept.

Immediate results:

• Europe: The height of the Middle Ages.  The biggest obstacle here is the church, who would be screwed.  Chaos would erupt, but the princesses would immediately seize control and create peace.  Europeans, of course, would be very confused.  Some may even try to rebel, but that would be futile.  Crusades averted, mission accomplished.
  • Middle East: Islam would probably think that they're angels at first.  Then, they'd realize that they are not derived from Allah, but are in fact completely separate.  Islam would collapse and the empire would easily fall into their hands (hooves?).
  • Eastern Asia: There are no strong beliefs of gods in Asia at the time (aside from Hinduism), so culture would likely be minimally damaged.  Nonetheless, like the rest of the world, Asia would come into their control.  I can imagine the princesses would like the cultures of China and Japan above the others.  This would become the hub of New Equestria (I'll call it that).
  • America: They'd probably think that they're gods and rejoice.  They'd relinquish control quickly.
  • Other places: Not too different

Aftershocks

• For the most part, religion would dissolve, and the MLP way would become the primary philosophy of the New Equestria.
  • Trade would improve, even across the Atlantic.
  • The world would probably enter a golden age.
  • War would be reduced by a factor of ten.
  • We would be hundreds of years further along now than we are.  It would be a utopia (without any catches).

Plot twist: the princesses introduce ponies to Earth.  I'd imagine that would happen to keep them company.  Despite their extreme differences, the two species would be forced to cooperate.  Or, of course, they could turn all of the humans into ponies.

• Brohoof 4

I've heard a lot about the princesses appearing in the present day, but this is a groundbreaking concept.

Immediate results:

• Europe: The height of the Middle Ages.  The biggest obstacle here is the church, who would be screwed.  Chaos would erupt, but the princesses would immediately seize control and create peace.  Europeans, of course, would be very confused.  Some may even try to rebel, but that would be futile.  Crusades averted, mission accomplished.
  • Middle East: Islam would probably think that they're angels at first.  Then, they'd realize that they are not derived from Allah, but are in fact completely separate.  Islam would collapse and the empire would easily fall into their hands (hooves?).
  • Eastern Asia: There are no strong beliefs of gods in Asia at the time (aside from Hinduism), so culture would likely be minimally damaged.  Nonetheless, like the rest of the world, Asia would come into their control.  I can imagine the princesses would like the cultures of China and Japan above the others.  This would become the hub of New Equestria (I'll call it that).
  • America: They'd probably think that they're gods and rejoice.  They'd relinquish control quickly.

Aftershocks

• For the most part, religion would dissolve, and the MLP way would become the primary philosophy of the New Equestria.
  • We would be hundreds of years further along now than we are.  It would be a utopia (without any catches).

Plot twist: the princesses introduce ponies to Earth.  I'd imagine that would happen to keep them company.  Despite their extreme differences, the two species would be forced to cooperate.  Or, of course, they could turn all of the humans into ponies.

This guy, I swear, gets his stuff. lol

Well if that happenened, I'd of course be chosen as one of Celestia's prophets/councilers/apostles/groupies

[edit]

Mayans mistook the conquistadors for gods, because they never seen a man riding a horse before. Celestia = Quetzycotl (might not be spelled right, sue me)

Native Americans would relate the princesses to thier various culture myths. Ride the white buffalo.

Oppisition from the chruch would be strong. Pale horse of the apocalypse has come!

Pagans would do sumersaults. Monotheists would flip tables. Buddists would drink tea.

Industrial revolution might not happen, and technology would probably still progress, but in a much more paced way that didn't depend on mass production methods that screws with the environment.

If ponies came with Princesses, talk of pony invasion would spread and there would be trouble there.

Pony/human couplings would probably be a thing, dragging along all the possible contraversy into the mix.

• Brohoof 2

Well for the most part, the world would be awesome and I would totally vouch to become a pony :D Earth would probably rejoice and the MLP way would rule. If not the immense power of the Alicorn's would dominate any body who tried to kill them. Overall, humankind would most likely be ruled by the princesses one way or another. :comeatus:

There would be harsh resistance for about 12 years, until the magic of the ponies overcame both the violence and rather primitive tech of the dark ages. After that we would build a pony+human utopiea. And today you would be living with ponies, and probably dating one. 

I can imagine if they came to Earth during the witch trials.

Villager 1: She's a witch! Burn her I say!

Villager 2: Yeah! Burn her!

Celestia: Let her go at once! Or you'll have me and my sister to deal with!

*both sisters horns glow menacingly*

• Brohoof 1

Europe: The height of the Middle Ages.  The biggest obstacle here is the church, who would be screwed.  Chaos would erupt, but the princesses would immediately seize control and create peace.  Europeans, of course, would be very confused.  Some may even try to rebel, but that would be futile.  Crusades averted, mission accomplished.

I agree with this one, The world will be ruled by Goddesses perhaps and all of us humans and ponies will have one religion  :unsure:

While i wouldn't really mind being ruled by them...i fear that humanity would ultimately get weak.

Yeah, sure. Everything will be more peaceful and happy like equestria but if you take closer look you will see that peace, harmony and friendship made the ponies weak and defenseless.

This same fate could happen to humanity too....unless the princesses are more warlike.

Mankind has grown strong in eternal struggles and it will only perish through eternal peace.

Adolf Hitler.

You know it's true.

Edited by Commissar Alexer
  • Brohoof 1

Other little things that came to mind (going along with my previous proposal).

• I have no clue where we'd be technologically.  All I can say is that there would be no concern with destroying the environment.
  • Would Celestia and Luna really want to rule over humans?  They may want to bring some ponies as well.  That, of course, leads us into a whole other topic.
  • I'd love to see how the government would be organized.  Of course, the princesses would be at the top.  Theoretically, they could run it in any way they wanted since they have nearly infinite power that could be used to stop any rebellions.  Along with the diarchy system that exists in MLP, they may appoint others to rule smaller areas, creating states/provinces/territories under a united world government (new world order!).
  • About Discord: watch the cartoon to see how that would go down.
  • I doubt this would be implemented, but if someone did something really bad, they could be sentenced to Discord.  That would be a cruel, yet totally badass form of torture.  And then there's banishment to the moon...

While i wouldn't really mind being ruled by them...i fear that humanity would ultimately get weak.

Yeah, sure. Everything will be more peaceful and happy like equestria but if you take closer look you will see that peace, harmony and friendship made the ponies weak and defenseless.

This same fate could happen to humanity too....unless the princesses are more warlike.

You know it's true.

Good point.  Progress in human society would probably be stagnant like we see in Equestria.

Immediate results:

• Europe: The height of the Middle Ages. The biggest obstacle here is the church, who would be screwed. Chaos would erupt, but the princesses would immediately seize control and create peace. Europeans, of course, would be very confused. Some may even try to rebel, but that would be futile. Crusades averted, mission accomplished.
  • Middle East: Islam would probably think that they're angels at first. Then, they'd realize that they are not derived from Allah, but are in fact completely separate. Islam would collapse and the empire would easily fall into their hands (hooves?).
  • Eastern Asia: There are no strong beliefs of gods in Asia at the time (aside from Hinduism), so culture would likely be minimally damaged. Nonetheless, like the rest of the world, Asia would come into their control. I can imagine the princesses would like the cultures of China and Japan above the others. This would become the hub of New Equestria (I'll call it that).
  • America: They'd probably think that they're gods and rejoice. They'd relinquish control quickly.
Aftershocks
  • We would be hundreds of years further along now than we are. It would be a utopia (without any catches).
Plot twist: the princesses introduce ponies to Earth. I'd imagine that would happen to keep them company. Despite their extreme differences, the two species would be forced to cooperate. Or, of course, they could turn all of the humans into ponies.

Immediate results:

• Europe: The height of the Middle Ages. The biggest obstacle here is the church, who would be screwed. Chaos would erupt, but the princesses would immediately seize control and create peace. Europeans, of course, would be very confused. Some may even try to rebel, but that would be futile. Crusades averted, mission accomplished.
  • Middle East: Islam would probably think that they're angels at first. Then, they'd realize that they are not derived from Allah, but are in fact completely separate. Islam would collapse and the empire would easily fall into their hands (hooves?).
  • Eastern Asia: There are no strong beliefs of gods in Asia at the time (aside from Hinduism), so culture would likely be minimally damaged. Nonetheless, like the rest of the world, Asia would come into their control. I can imagine the princesses would like the cultures of China and Japan above the others. This would become the hub of New Equestria (I'll call it that).
  • America: They'd probably think that they're gods and rejoice. They'd relinquish control quickly.
Aftershocks

• We would be hundreds of years further along now than we are. It would be a utopia (without any catches).
Plot twist: the princesses introduce ponies to Earth. I'd imagine that would happen to keep them company. Despite their extreme differences, the two species would be forced to cooperate. Or, of course, they could turn all of the humans into ponies.
I wouldnt have a freaking problem with that at all. If they could turn humans into ponies, sign me up!!

I also agree 100 percent with you on the facts you have pointed out. Our world would be far more advanced and civilized than we are now. Mostly every country would be at peace and so would the world be. If being ruled by the princess goddesses themselves, our world would be a million times better because the fact that they know how to run an entire country then to our planet, many things may have gone uninvented by would be a huge positive future on our world. Such as pollution, war, weapons etc. pollution is a huge play in our worlds change of climate. Its gotton pretty bad now since the co2 levels are incredibly high before even summer began, not even all the plants on earth could keep it low. Second with the weapons, nukes would may have been invented but would have been banned in every country from ever being created again because it played a huge factor in pollution back in world war two and almost cold war. Different country military would still exist only by protection but the way i see it, countries still have their own leaders but Princess Luna and Celestia still had every power to take over if one country got out of control. War would have happened anyway back then like it did in our time but weapons like tanks, guns, nukes etc wouldve probably never wouldve been invented thus less deaths would have occured and saved more peoples lives( ponies if you will ). But it wouldnt happen in our current time, it wouldve taken place in 1000 a.d as someone pointed out and only then would those effects take place.

Overall, i would be flipping happy to live on earth if the princesses took control of earth and ruled until now and forever. This world would be better with them leading us instead of these wackos we have now. (In my opinion)

One more thing, i bet that the elements of harmony wouldve been invented but only beared by the mane 6. Thwt would be our defense and we all know they are capable of doing such task because of everything theyve been through all four seasons so far. And again, id be alot happier that way.

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~

I can imagine if they came to Earth during the witch trials.

Villager 1: She's a witch! Burn her I say!

Villager 2: Yeah! Burn her!

Celestia: Let her go at once! Or you'll have me and my sister to deal with!

*both sisters horns glow menacingly*

Villager 3: They...they support witches and the devil. Flee from these horse demons!!!!11

*mass panic*

While i wouldn't really mind being ruled by them...i fear that humanity would ultimately get weak. Yeah, sure. Everything will be more peaceful and happy like equestria but if you take closer look you will see that peace, harmony and friendship made the ponies weak and defenseless. This same fate could happen to humanity too....unless the princesses are more warlike.

Relax. Hostile aliens from space are far away. And if they come, we're screwed anyway. No computer virus on earth would save us.

(Independence Day pun)

Im gonna give you a simple answer............Mankind would not tolerate nor take orders from two Princesses, b/c of our Sense of Supremacy.   Even if they appeared and were considered "demi-gods" we would treat them like crap.   Even the "Prophets of Science Fiction" said it, if man ever confronted Extra-Terrestrials. 

• Brohoof 1

Well if they popped up 1000 years ago they would have seen mabye that there was no friendship in the world and try to fix that but the human race said no and have scientist study the princessis plus which princess?!

I doubt many would like them. They're talking horses with magic, the Church would be pissed to say the least. 

Celestia and Luna are not as strong as people say they are, a single well placed arrow could easily kill one of them. When one of them falls, that is not going to bode well on the surviving one. An arrow barrage can take care of them

In the end, not much is different other than legends of magical horses replacing dragons

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

I doubt many would like them. They're talking horses with magic, the Church would be pissed to say the least. 

Celestia and Luna are not as strong as people say they are, a single well placed arrow could easily kill one of them. When one of them falls, that is not going to bode well on the surviving one. An arrow barrage can take care of them

In the end, not much is different other than legends of magical horses replacing dragons

Their power is speculative and subject to head fanon/canon. Celestia can raise and lower the sun, if this power can extend to our world, then she could very well hold the sun for ransom.

Also, Unicorns can cast shields, so this would not be beyond Alicorn prowess. Arrows nullified.

@,

Assuming isn't good in debates, the alicorns have never shown the ability to use shields. And since Twilight said that only Shining Armor can make a shield to resist head butts from weak creatures....yeah

And she could hold the Sun for ransom...that would just piss people off more and make them more desparate to kill her. You seem to think humanity will simply roll over and be ruled, no, humans have a suicidal tendency to keep trying even when things are hopeless

Even if they can cast shields, they need to do this on reflex. A simple ambush will do the trick, pretend to have a parley, shoot them in the back

@,

Assuming isn't good in debates, the alicorns have never shown the ability to use shields. And since Twilight said that only Shining Armor can make a shield to resist head butts from weak creatures....yeah

And she could hold the Sun for ransom...that would just piss people off more and make them more desparate to kill her. You seem to think humanity will simply roll over and be ruled, no, humans have a suicidal tendency to keep trying even when things are hopeless

Even if they can cast shields, they need to do this on reflex. A simple ambush will do the trick, pretend to have a parley, shoot them in the back

I would not think they would just come in, unprepared, without doing some scouting, recon, and preparing contingency plans.

The ability to use shields is something Unicorns can learn, and over 1000 years I'm sure Celestia and Luna have learned as well. Considering they can already shoot ray beams out of their horns, this is not out of the question.

However I concede that I have not seen canonical proof of this, even in the battle between Celestia and Nightmare moon shown in Twilights glimpse of the past, unless I forgot a detail.

The Mayans rolled over pretty easy for the conquistadors.

I would not think they would just come in, unprepared, without doing some scouting, recon, and preparing contingency plans.

Kind of like what Celestia sent Twilight to the Crystal Empire like, right?

The ability to use shields is something Unicorns can learn, and over 1000 years I'm sure Celestia and Luna have learned as well. Considering they can already shoot ray beams out of their horns, this is not out of the question.

According to Spike, you can only learn things based on a particular field of magic. Assuming this is true, Luna can just do stuff related with the night and Celestia can with the day. None of these are shield worthy

The Mayans rolled over pretty easy for the conquistadors.

I think you have a misunderstanding here. They did not roll over, disease was killing them and they were already weak from a Civil War. They did fight until the end.

And fighting for one kingdom as compared to fighting for the world is different indeed