Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel about Twilight Sparkle getting married?

camsterman101

100 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Twilight Sparkle Getting Married?

• Celestia No! I'd rather be bannished to the moon!
    • It's ok, but Flash is taking my Waifu...
    • Nah, I really don't mind.
    • I don't care.
    • Who is Twilight Sparkle?

Though my knowlage of shipper logic, and ships I've seen from other places, I have come to the conclusion that the only answer to this question is...

img-2536084-1-1739130c3536fc447709a3828c

Holy crap, dat's hot!  Luna has competition.

Luna_vs_Trixie.png

• Brohoof 2

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Married?!

Just when I thought Twilicorn popped in unannounced, now this?! I'm sorry, but I've heard nothing. Do you have a source for this?

As for how I'd feel, it'd be OK with me if it was done right, and if Twilight was marrying somepony who cared about her and liked her for who she is. If it were Flash Sentreh however..........

http://iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/237147__UNOPT__safe_animated_solo_octavia_angry_seizure-warning_rage_vibrating_artist-scramjet747.gif.gif

post-19882-0-60818600-1397900131_thumb.jpg

Seriously, a marriage would go completely against how the show has worked up until this point, it's far too serious, far too 'grown up' .

You may say, oh but look at cadence, but she isn't a mane character really, if any of the mane 6 got married, they'd be too tied down for adventures, they bring their mare/stallion (now that is too serious ;) ) along to all the traditionally all girl things the mane 6 do together.

It would be too difficult to keep the story going if any or all of them got 'settled down'.

Don't do it hasbro, you have so much to live for!

• Brohoof 1

Let's be realistic: that is incorrect.  Twilight has a bit of crush on him, and we really don't know how he feels about her.  I'm sorry, but here's a consolation prize:

img-2535999-1-meadowbreeze_comm__flashli

How dare you burn my eyes with this.

• Brohoof 3

*flips table, throws laptops runs out screaming*

Really though, I would mind. It'd throw off the show!

Well MAYBE if twilight and Luna got married I wouldn't mind :P

Edited by Twilight Luna~<3

Out of curiosity, why isn't there a "omg yas yaasss" option? :P Some people may actually be for it rather than neutral.

I don't really mind...I do ship Flashlight after all. All I'm concerned about is Flash Sentry being too...generic. We didn't know anything about his pony counterpart in the film, so they can easily build a character for him. I'd just hate it if he has no flaws...if he's charming, brave, bold and generally "perfect" then I'd hate his guts. If he's shown to have some flaws (like all the Mane 6 do) then I think he'd be a pretty swell character. I think it's a bit soon in Twilight's princess hood for a wedding...but as long as it's Flash and he's not a generic "brave knight" then I'll be happy. :)

Seriously, a marriage would go completely against how the show has worked up until this point, it's far too serious, far too 'grown up' .

You may say, oh but look at cadence, but she isn't a mane character really, if any of the mane 6 got married, they'd be too tied down for adventures, they bring their mare/stallion (now that is too serious ;) ) along to all the traditionally all girl things the mane 6 do together.

Marriage didn't stop Luke Skywalker, Commander Worf, Lois Lane, and countless others from continuing to have adventures.

How dare you burn my eyes with this.

Let the retina incineration continue:

flash_sentry_and_twilight_sparkle_by_ben

flash_sentry_x_twilight_sparkle_by_heroh

a_flash_and_a_sparkle_by_cat4lyst-d6864a

• Brohoof 1

Marriage didn't stop Luke Skywalker, Commander Worf, Lois Lane, and countless others from continuing to have adventures.

Let the retina incineration continue:

img-2540539-1-flash_sentry_and_twilight_

img-2540539-2-flash_sentry_x_twilight_sp

img-2540539-3-a_flash_and_a_sparkle_by_c

This calls for extreme measures! DIE!

tumblr_mjf4bx2G101qagt05o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

Look at it like this why care I realize the fact that her getting married would be a big deal but in the sense it wouldn't do much Twilight journey ended at the end of season 3 ever wonder why there is no twilight episodes? it is because she has ascended to her role the rest of show is about the other characters. Though my only nit pick is this is such a annoying stereotypical thing for a show like this anyways "Oh I had found that dreamy guy in some random school total desire for him stirs" perfect role model "remember kids if some guy looks good and hardly know them go get em!" eeck  :eww:  

We all seem to forget that this is Hasbro and they just want their money.

Target audience: small children.

Shining Armour and Cadance were introdued completely out of the blue. No prior information, no foreshadowing.

Just suddenly "Oh hey a wedding with my big bro and another alicorn princess ha cool"

and "oh hey that thousand year old threat that enslaved a race of ponies that we never mentioned apart from today is back in the crystal empire which we also never mentioned apart from today and we need the crystal heart which we also never mentioned apart from today"

A pony wedding playset=money.

They already turned Twi into an alicorn.

Alicorn Twi toys.

Now Twi will get married, and we'll get Alicorn Twi Wedding toys.

And considering the finale is called "Twilight's Kingdom", she'll probably have some castle playset as well.

Ah yes, the future is bright.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I hope she doesn't get married.  It would disgust me.  This Twilicorn thing disgusted me already, and S4 hasn't shown me one shred of evidence as to how this assists her character.  Instead, I find Twilight's little ascension to be counter-productive to her character, losing traits which drew me to like her in the first place.  I've only seen her "adorkable" side shine through in the episode Amy Keating Rogers wrote, Testing Testing 1, 2, 3. 

If she does get married at the end of S4, that's when the show, imho, will turn into what Spongebob has become as it cranks out episodes just to entertain the kiddies.  The episodes would have little to no value.  Their main focus of effective story telling would be replaced by the necessity to halk wares on the little screaming kiddies. 

I'm getting rather irritated by these shows I come to love/accept, and then see them turned into trash for the sake of profit. 

O well, MLPFIM is a made to order sandwich for Hasbro with DHX acting like Subway.  They'll customize it to their liking. 

Edited by Genepool

We all seem to forget that this is Hasbro and they just want their money.

Target audience: small children.

Shining Armour and Cadance were introdued completely out of the blue. No prior information, no foreshadowing.

Just suddenly "Oh hey a wedding with my big bro and another alicorn princess ha cool"

and "oh hey that thousand year old threat that enslaved a race of ponies that we never mentioned apart from today is back in the crystal empire which we also never mentioned apart from today and we need the crystal heart which we also never mentioned apart from today"

A pony wedding playset=money.

They already turned Twi into an alicorn.

Alicorn Twi toys.

Now Twi will get married, and we'll get Alicorn Twi Wedding toys.

And considering the finale is called "Twilight's Kingdom", she'll probably have some castle playset as well.

Ah yes, the future is bright.

Cadence and Shining Armor added the element of Love, and they were probably put in for that reason. Twilight has been an established character since episode 1, and it would just ruin the entire aspect at this point.

Firstly, I'd like to know wherebyou get your info from regarding Hasbro's claim.

Second, I doubt it would be now. Throwing something like that in would completely go against the carefully cultivated dynamic shared between the Mane 6 that is the entire basis of the show.

I could see them doing it, as stated, to sell playsets and cute little figures and plushies of Twilight in her wedding dress, but if it ever happened, I think they would have the good sense to wait until the last episode of the entire series.

Edited by Red Cedar

Where's the "I'd be angered" option? The only negative option is an overreactive one. :P

That aside, if Twilight really did get married (hopefully not to Flash Sentry), i'd be angry and irritated, but i'd still give the show a second change.

Besides, would it be fair if Twilight got married, but not her friends? After all, she's already an Alicorn princess and she was the sole protagonist of Equestria Girls.

So long as the execution is good then it wouldn't faze me.

On the other hand if they do a poor job of making another permanent change then I'm not gonna be pleased. Twi isn't my waifu or anything like that but I do love her character and if Hasbro does some more stupid shit that fucks something up on her I'm writing a letter to my representatives.

Edited by Space Woona

It depends on who she's marrying.

If it's Flash Sentry,then "Celestia No! I'd rather be bannished to the moon!"

If it's Trixie,then one of my favorite ships would become canon,and I would be happy for them!  :D