Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could make one thing universally socially acceptable what would it be?

Astral Blitzen

Men wearing skirts and dresses and women being able to go topless.

Seriously, there is literally no reason why this isn't acceptablw.

Would you want to be oggled by every person you meet because you're hanging free, in both the male and female sense?

It's just a matter of decency.

• Brohoof 1

Would you want to be oggled by every person you meet because you're hanging free, in both the male and female sense?

It's just a matter of decency.

Decency is only what we, as humans have made it out to be. Clothes were only invented to protect us against the environment, there should be no reason to shame others for showing off their bodies, a women should be able to take it off when she's hot, as a man can. A women's breasts are no more sexual than a man's pecks are.

I think we should be able to but aren't actually ready for it yet, as there are a lot of women who would charge sexual offense for somebody telling them they have nice hooters but if a man were to report the same thing, it wouldn't be taken seriously. So we'd have to change our sexual harassment laws and intolerance towards men first. I think that commenting should deserve a slap and touching should deserve a lawsuit and it shouldn't matter if the person is male or female. 

I, personally wouldn't go topless but believe we should have the right. I hardly ever see topless men as it is, so it's not like you're going to be seeing topless women everywhere either. 

• Brohoof 1

Treating the dirty console peasants and foolish Mac users as the second class citizens they are.

I'd make it socially acceptable to be politically incorrect.

• Brohoof 3

Treating the dirty console peasants and foolish Mac users as the second class citizens they are.

I hope Linux/BSD/other *nix Users don't fall in this category ;)

OT: being a hipster and using a *nix that isn't OS X, as not as mainstream as windows as it might be.

Edited by CMQuickfireTK

I hope Linux/BSD/other *nix Users don't fall in this category ;)

OT: being a hipster and using a *nix that isn't OS X, as not as mainstream as windows as it might be.

I've always considered Nixers to be part of the Glorious PC Master Race ;)

• Brohoof 2

Having erections in public

People might actually be induced to pay attention to where they're walking and whom they might bump into

On the other hand, in crowded areas, all hell breaks loose

This would just be too hard  ;) .

On topic though, smiling in public. Trust me, you don't know collective misery until you've walked through a city's central train station when everyone's going to work.

I would make it universally socially acceptable to be a witch. Witches do have the legal right to practice witchcraft, but many people fear what they don't understand...

^ that and also being LGBT

Being LGBT should definetly be universally socially acceptable. Is it really too hard for that to happen? If it were universally socially acceptable, it would be my dream-come-true :wub: (reason being I'm bi ;))

post-18648-0-24613600-1397905071_thumb.jpg Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 2

Saying "Hello" to people in public. More than often, people just give you the stare and completely ignore you. Why can't real-life be like a 1950's sitcom?

Edited by Guest

I might be alone on this, but I'd probably go the other way and make some more things unacceptable. I liked it when we thought standards were a good thing.

• Brohoof 2

This would just be too hard  ;) .

On topic though, smiling in public. Trust me, you don't know collective misery until you've walked through a city's central train station when everyone's going to work.

I think if you really need to smile (externally), you could always take out your phone and pretend you're amused by something you're seeing.

Homosexuality. I would like to get rid of all the sexual orientation terminology like "straight" "gay" "lesbian" etc.

• Brohoof 1

I personally don't care what is socially acceptable or not, because I don't buy into that whole thing. I think it would be nice to do away with "socially acceptable" altogether! I wish people would change, however, and that more people would be friendly, more people would have empathy for their fellow men, and more people would think about others before thinking about themselves.

Is it socially unacceptable to be friendly?

Edited by websterhamster
  • Brohoof 1

-cursing

-having reverse sleep patterns i.e sleeping until 3 (Without being accused of laziness)

-going #2 in public restrooms (people used to glare at me for this when I was little)

Edited by crazitaco

I'd like to make physical appearance a non-issue.  

I went to a funeral once and the deceased was someone who worked in IT management. He was also a biker.  The funeral brought in a couple HUNDRED people - everything from guys in full leathers to guys in three piece suits. And everyone there was kind and respectful of one another.  The deceased parent's were AMAZED at how many lives he had touched. They had no idea how beloved and respected their son was and it was sortve sad that they had to find out at his funeral.

I've met wonderful people who were covered in tattoos and had a f*ckton of piercings and I've met people who were "respectable" three piece suit wearing "high society" folks who were completely terrible human beings.  So, I'd like to make it socially acceptable to look the way you want to look without it being used against you.

Edited by Kallisti Imani
  • Brohoof 1

-having reverse sleep patterns i.e sleeping until 3 (Without being accused of laziness)

I can kind of sympathize with that a bit, I worked the graveyard shift at work a few years ago so there was a time I had no choice but to sleep during the day and that is the case with quite a few people. I would go to bed sometime in the afternoon between 12-2 and then wake up around 10 so I could last longer before the crippling fatigue finally hit me. I was never accused of laziness for this myself but I know other people who have been. People have no idea what tired means until they have to do something like that.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I can kind of sympathize with that a bit, I worked the graveyard shift at work a few years ago so there was a time I had no choice but to sleep during the day and that is the case with quite a few people. I would go to bed sometime in the afternoon between 12-2 and then wake up around 10 so I could last longer before the crippling fatigue finally hit me. I was never accused of laziness for this myself but I know other people who have been. People have no idea what tired means until they have to do something like that.

I really have no excuse for myself, I just go to bed at 3-4 because I like the late night and don't feel sleepy before that time. Then I usually have school between 9-10 am and I can hardly stay awake. If I sleep in too long on the weekend my mom gets mad at me.