Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if humans had cutie marks?

StarSwirlTheBearded

Note: This is NOT a "what would my cm be?" thread.

Yesterday, I began wondering what would happen if people had cutie marks.  Just like in MLP, they'd appear when one finds a talent.  It would probably be on you arm, not on your hip.  I'm not wondering how it could be made a reality, so please don't even think about it.  Also, I'm not referring to humans as in EQG, I mean real-life people.

I imagine that it would be a game-changer for jobs.  Since it would prove what you're talented at, it would show people if you're good (or bad) for a job.  It would be like another college degree.  It would also help you in decisions, since it would essentially foretell your destiny.  It'd be funny to see what politicians' cutie marks would be.

Also, it would probably be a big thing to have a unique mark.  For example, if someone became the first person to get a video game cutie mark, they'd get a lot of attention.

Any other ideas?

• Brohoof 4

That would be awesome, it would really be neat if cutie marks were a reality. I feel like it would just make everyone more unique somehow.

There isn't much thought on this, other then it would be great. I can only imagine how many different types of cutie marks would exist.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

That would be a sight to see, where a mythology about cutie marks in our world could be a reality. The concept sounds interesting, to learn more about cutie marks.

I already have my cutie mark.

Except my cutie mark isnt on the flank.

tFR8YLN.jpg

Rainbow dash irl lel

But to contribute to the conversation in a serious way I would probably have a gaming cutie mark on my flank.

Or I would probably be a blank flank for life

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 3

I would freaking love to have a cutie mark!! Mine would be a Cloud with a Tornado on it because I chase storms.

But if it were a reality that would just be amazing. Like, it would be awesome to see peoples talents and know what people do. This would be a whole different world.

• Brohoof 1

That'd be pretty awesome. I think everyone would be more conscious about figuring out their 'destiny' and what they are good at. It might be weird to have it on the 'flank', maybe more on our face or arm, since we wear clothing that would cover it up. Well, most of us do. There are some people -

Eh, I'd better stop talking now. :squee:

Yeah it would definitely make life a lot easier all around if something in this world was actually set in stone for once. With any luck human nature would adapt to the concept of talent being objectively possible to determine. Parenting would need an overhaul so that kids would be more free to generally explore, since the cutie mark still needs to be triggered.

I already have my cutie mark.

Except my cutie mark isnt on the flank.

img-2544536-1-tFR8YLN.jpg

Rainbow dash irl lel

But to contribute to the conversation in a serious way I would probably have a gaming cutie mark on my flank.

Or I would probably be a blank flank for life

Cutie marks on people would probably be around there (on the arm).  Of course, they wouldn't be actual tattoos, but they'd resemble one.

That would be pretty cool, especially if we could get multiple ones too. 

If people could get cutie pox...

I don't like the idea of one mark representing what you are more than likely going to be doing for the rest of your life, that's what makes us so unique, us humans can all have MANY different talents, not just something dedicated to some magical mark or symbol on us.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like the idea of one mark representing what you are more than likely going to be doing for the rest of your life, that's what makes us so unique, us humans can all have MANY different talents, not just something dedicated to some magical mark or symbol on us.

Yep -- people have something that ponies do not, the midlife career change. 

• Brohoof 2

I think if I had a cutie mark I would've had the same issue as Rarity (taken so long to get it) .-. but when I get it I would feel so great (I still don't know what to do in college that's why I'm in Liberal Arts I'm undecided but so far Psychology seems to spark my light bulb) Idk maybe the cutie mark will relate to something artistic I do whether it's drawing, painting, playing the keyboard, or acting

post-26202-0-82208000-1398046742.jpg

Edited by MarcelineA

Nah. It'd show who we are but tell us we can only be that. I can't decide what my talent is and while it is frustrating what's cool is that I can't decide because of how many I have. Whether it's drawing, writing, video games, music, voice acting. At least I know I can do all these cool things rather than being stuck with one.

To all those wanting a cutie mark, would you want a tattoo on one of your butt cheeks? Thought not!

Well, in Equestria, not a single pony seems to care that their cutie mark is on their flanks. So if we can adapt or at the least wear some special clothing, it's not that much of a problem. You don't need to show your cutie mark, anyway. 

It might be a curse or a blessing. Some people might finally realize what they actually want to do, while others might not be satisfied with their "talent".

• Brohoof 1

The problem comes with changing technology.  Your talent could be as a typewriter repairman -- this was very valid 30 years ago.  Now that typewriter on your flank would be an albatross around your neck. 

We constantly displace workers.  It is part of a thriving adapting economy.  It requires people to roll with the punches.

Ponies actually slow down their advancement to accommodate the cutie marks. 

If they had a huge industrial revolution due to say first contact with humans, there would be HUGE displacements and ponies would have to do things that they do not have a special talent in. 

Fillies and Colts would get new cutie marks to represent the new conditions but it would be a real problem on say farm ponies if all of a sudden farm work became 9 times more efficient.