Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Dash

I feel like i'm one of the only people here who thinks there has been too much Apple Family this season. I think a lot of the characters are faulting this season. Pinkie is becoming more and more annoying with each episode. She is a spaz and is more destructive than helpful. Applejack and her family seem to be EVERYWHERE. Twilight has become dull and the least used character this season. The cutie mark crusaders are also becoming dull and overused. Spike has become as useful as a background pony. I feel like of all the characters this season, Rarity has probably had the perfect balance of everything (which is weird to say since she is my least favorite). Rainbow Dash has had her fair share of moments as well and Fluttershy falls in the middle of everything. She has had a few episodes about her, but overall has had very little growth beyond her singing.

Of course this is all probably some backlash from previous season. The writers are taking what we complained about last season and "fixing" it this season. Most likely we wont see any real changes to the characters till season 5. Even though I may be bagging on some of the characters, I still enjoy seeing them and watching this show. 

I feel like i'm one of the only people here who thinks there has been too much Apple Family this season. I think a lot of the characters are faulting this season. Pinkie is becoming more and more annoying with each episode. She is a spaz and is more destructive than helpful. Applejack and her family seem to be EVERYWHERE. Twilight has become dull and the least used character this season. The cutie mark crusaders are also becoming dull and overused. Spike has become as useful as a background pony. I feel like of all the characters this season, Rarity has probably had the perfect balance of everything (which is weird to say since she is my least favorite). Rainbow Dash has had her fair share of moments as well and Fluttershy falls in the middle of everything. She has had a few episodes about her, but overall has had very little growth beyond her singing.

Of course this is all probably some backlash from previous season. The writers are taking what we complained about last season and "fixing" it this season. Most likely we wont see any real changes to the characters till season 5. Even though I may be bagging on some of the characters, I still enjoy seeing them and watching this show. 

A bit harsh on ol' Pinkie are we? I don't know if she's completely useless but she has her dumb moments. I just think that's her nature but not something meant to annoy. I actually just started the 4th season and I'm at the point where I found her a tad annoying in the beginning but after the Pinkie Apple Pie episode I have a different point of view now. I see her as a bouncy and loud but rather funny pony. She often has things made really quickly that come in handy, or  are just simply funny. Like the scrapbook, I found that pretty funny she just had this really flamboyant scrapbook put together and we never saw her do it. Things like that I think add more of a likable personality to her IMO of course. 

Edited by Soulcrifice
  • Brohoof 1

A bit harsh on ol' Pinkie are we? I don't know if she's completely useless but she has her dumb moments. I just think that's her nature but not something meant to annoy. I actually just started the 4th season and I'm at the point where I found her a tad annoying in the beginning but after the Pinkie Apple Pie episode I have a different point of view now. I see her as a bouncy and loud but rather funny pony. She often has things made really quickly that come in handy, or  are just simply funny. Like the scrapbook, I found that pretty funny she just had this really flamboyant scrapbook put together and we never saw her do it. Thinks like that I think add more of a likable personality to her IMO of course. 

Watch the other episodes when you can, they might change your mind about her. BUT, to each their own of course :).

• Brohoof 1

I do agree that AJ has gotten plenty of screentime both this season and last, but, well, admitting a little personal bias, I don't think that's too bad. I mean, in all her run from Season 3-4 there was only a single episode of hers that I didn't like.

I don't think anyone complained about too little AJ last season; she got a speaking role in every episode! While Season 4 has its problems, I think they could be remedied by the problematic characters getting better episodes rather than just more. 

• 4 weeks later...

She's my second favorite of the mane six and possibly tied with sweetie belle for #2 overall. She's a very underrated pony, but mainly because she's so subtle. Doesn't get the laugh out loud moments that others get, but she does have a strong presence that's missed if she's not around.

Oh, and she makes a GREAT friend/comic foil to Rarity. I love that relationship.

I love Aj and I too would like to see more time dedicated to her. She's a lovely and endearing character :)

Applejack is my favorite, I almost even look up to her. She has a lot of traits that I admire in a person. Shes honest, hard working, and humble. Also, I have a thing for accents :3

Anyway, the AJ support on this site is pretty overwhelming :D Historically, her and Rarity have been the least popular of the mane 6, but I can tell that new people to this site feel like they're getting slapped with apples and glamour at times :D Rarity and Applejack get a LOT of love here, bud :D

Haha you got it right! My fav. ponies are AJ and Rarity. :D

• Brohoof 1

Even if she's my least favorite mane 6, I really like her! The episodes about her and her family are generally great and have some memorable songs like "Apples to the Core".

AJ has had a strong season with only Rainbow Falls, Trade Ya!, and Somepony To Watch Over Me netting her portrayal any negative reception. She also has a new running gag with her eyebrow raise of suspicion. Similarly,I feel like Rarity, Pinkie, and Spike got a lot more love this season than they have in a while (minus the Three's a Crowd and Filli Vanilli drama for Pinkie, and again Rainbow Falls for Rarity). It was a great season for all of them, in my opinion.

Applejack serving up some of her warm apple pie. In Ponyville, they don't use forks. They bury their faces into that pie and devour it the way Rainbow Dash did to that hospital food.

Applejack does need more love, she did get quite a few spotlights in Season 4 though, that was pretty cool. ^^