Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Surprised no one's freaking out about the Finale title

JayStorm

Twilight gets her own kingdom.

YES!!! That is awesome! That has actually been my wish ever since she became an Alicorn!

• Brohoof 3

That's an understatement :mellow:

Yes. Yes it is.

Sometimes I think that they name the episodes things like "Princess Twilight Sparkle" and ""Twilight's Kingdom" just to mess with us. :lol:

The title's were probably supposed to be epic, like "The Attack of the Vines" or "Destroyers from the Past" or something. Then they saw us flip at Princess Twilight and thought, "Hey, we can take advantage of this. :fiery: "

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what to think of this. I'm excited for Twi if the title is true, but I don't really know what i personally think of it. 

I still don't understand XD

A LOT of bronies freaked out about Twilight becoming a Princess and several either claimed they were leaving the fandom, or actually did. It's likely that the finale's title is going to get a similar reaction, if not an even worse reaction.

SPOILERS: Spike gets married to the Tree of Harmony, then grows wings and a horn, making him the first Wyvercorn. Meanwhile, Bloomberg and Rarity decide that the Tree of Harmony isn't the proper bride for him, and devise a plan to end their romance.

Side note: My brain does weird shit sometimes. 

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 1

Its Meghan McCarthy and more importantly Hasbro. These things are hardly surprising anymore.

Its about as predictable as Batman prevailing in a fight.

• Brohoof 2

yeah me too, but remember, we're most likely getting another Sh**storm, so be prepared

Prepared for what? For worthless opinions of people who don't matter and won't actually change how I view the show? :lol:

The title itself didn't make me freak shit, but the episode description for the second part did.

Its one thing to turn one character into a princess...

its an entirely different thing to take the other princesses' powers and give it ALL to Twilight.

I'm hoping that doesn't end up a permanent change, or else they are screwing the other princesses in the worst imaginable way.

And i think people aren't freaking out yet because its still pretty early. It could also be that people have already decided to accept it, are avoiding spoilers, don't look further into the implications of things, or simply don't care.

Personally, my views towards Princess Twily never really improved after her coronation. She's already forever ruined in my eyes, so why should I care if it gets any worse? I've already moved on and given up caring about anything to do with her. The writers have made it quite clear that Twily will basically become pony Jesus, and everyone will praise and love her. She will eventually be more powerful than celestia, and rule over equestria.

Edited by crazitaco

Personally, I think this could go either way, but I expect that it's going to be the same ol:

Brony A: I thought it was a cool episode!

Brony B: WTF! This is the worst thing that could ever happen, I'll never watch the show again!

Brony C: I'll take middle ground.

and the show just keeps going on...

I was honestly expecting them to do this at the beginning of Season 4, since 'Magical Mystery Cure' was her coronation episode and every other princess has a castle.

Besides, people will probably chill out once they realize that the finale is her key episode(s).

Why would someone freak out over the title? I don't know if I'm missing a reference here or.... what.

The fandom freaked out over Twilicorn because many believed that making Twilight an alicorn/princess would result in drastic changes to both herself and the show as a whole. Many feared (myself included) that Twilight's physical appearance would change, that her daily life would become overrun with royal duties, that she'd have to live in Canterlot with the other princesses and nobility (away from her friends), that she'd become aloof from her friends in all her royal grace, and that already she had been set apart from the Mane 5 in terms of equality. 

As for the alicorn part, her becoming an alicorn shattered hundreds upon hundreds of headcanon, including mine. People became anxious and angry because this sudden change had not only broken many of their homemade boundaries, but it had jumped the shark at the same time. We (referencing the aggrieved half of the fandom) believed that Twilight had become a princess way too soon. It would've been better if, like many TV shows, that she didn't become an alicorn princess until the penultimate end of the show. We feared that becoming a princess early might result in Twilight replacing Celestia sooner than originally thought. 

To be honest, I agree with JayStorm. That half of the fandom will get angry again, and thus they will argue that giving Twilight a kingdom/palace will result in her getting pretty much locked up in there forever, stuck with papers, royal banquets and the like, unable to go out with her friends on adventures ever again. Personally, I don't think so. Hasbro will find a way around it. I have faith. As for the inevitable shitstorm that will follow, we won't need a nuclear bunker. We'll need over 9000 nuclear bunkers meshed together to survive this.

• Brohoof 2

The fandom freaked out over Twilicorn because many believed that making Twilight an alicorn/princess would result in drastic changes to both herself and the show as a whole. Many feared (myself included) that Twilight's physical appearance would change, that her daily life would become overrun with royal duties, that she'd have to live in Canterlot with the other princesses and nobility (away from her friends), that she'd become aloof from her friends in all her royal grace, and that already she had been set apart from the Mane 5 in terms of equality. 

As for the alicorn part, her becoming an alicorn shattered hundreds upon hundreds of headcanon, including mine. People became anxious and angry because this sudden change had not only broken many of their homemade boundaries, but it had jumped the shark at the same time. We (referencing the aggrieved half of the fandom) believed that Twilight had become a princess way too soon. It would've been better if, like many TV shows, that she didn't become an alicorn princess until the penultimate end of the show. We feared that becoming a princess early might result in Twilight replacing Celestia sooner than originally thought. 

To be honest, I agree with JayStorm. That half of the fandom will get angry again, and thus they will argue that giving Twilight a kingdom/palace will result in her getting pretty much locked up in there forever, stuck with papers, royal banquets and the like, unable to go out with her friends on adventures ever again. Personally, I don't think so. Hasbro will find a way around it. I have faith. As for the inevitable shitstorm that will follow, we won't need a nuclear bunker. We'll need over 9000 nuclear bunkers meshed together to survive this.

Alright I was okay with the title until I read this. I never even considered how much her being a princess could change the show. I never even considered Twilight not participating with her friends as much due to her royal responsibilities.

I also think Hasbro won't allow that, it would really hamstring the show as I've always seen Twilight as the group leader. The one they go to for spells and random ways to save themselves, if she's always busy or not with them they wont have that, and I don't see them doing that to the show.

I imagine princess Celestia will offer Twilight her own kingdom and she'll either turn it down or find some sort of compromise as a way to stay closer to her friends. Twilight is famous for finding compromises, much like the rest of the ponies. The "bats" episode was a good compromise with the bats instead of worrying about getting rid of them (even though it wasn't Twilight that came up with that compromise). 

I'm not to hyped about "Twilight's Kingdom".  Yet, once I saw it, first thing that came to mind was "Mario is Spike, and Peach is Twilight"

The reason I'm freaking out is because in my head I'm putting 2+2 and getting 5

I have this fear that by the part 2 description and title that we may not have Luna or Celestia around any more.

Well, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Twilight would eventually get a kingdom once she became a princess. Or should we say a princessdom since most rulers in Equestria are princesses?

I don't expect as much outcry this time. Those who really hated it have quit and everybody who held on knew it would come. The only reason this surprises me is that they seem to be setting the ponies up for an endgame where they all go their own way. Twilight is getting ready to rule. Rarity is going to Manehattan with Coco and Rainbow will end up on the Wonderbolts. How can they do that if they want to continue MLP:FiM for several years to come?  :derp: