Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opposite Gender Pet Peeves

Adorkable

I'm just curious, do you men have anything that you don't like girls doing? Or do you girls have anything you don't like men doing? Let's hear it!

But please, play nice about it! ^^

As for me, I occasionally go shopping with my mother when she asks me to. When she's picking out dresses or shirts (yata yata yata), she'll always hold up one and ask me what I think of it. Honestly, I don't know or really care about any of that stuff, so I'll usually just say it looks okay or something and then ask her why she always asks me what I think. She'll just tell me it was a rhetorical question.

Jackie_Chan_WTF_meme_face_70958233396.jp

Also, for some reason I've never been fond of girls painting their nails. I have no clue why, it's just always bothered me for some reason. xD

So, with that said, what do you guys think? Any pet peeves of the opposite gender you'd like to share? ^^

• Brohoof 10

I associate with and understand the opposite gender more than I do my own, lol. I really find it hard to get peeved with things girls do as a whole. Just individual peeves I have with individual girls, but it's hardly a 'whole gender' sort of thing.

• Brohoof 9

I don't really have any opposite gender pet peeves. But, the peeve that I hate the most is that most boys say that girls should not play the video games that they play.

• Brohoof 4

I don't like it when girls use too much makeup it hides their natural beauty instead of complimenting it and in some cases can make them look like circus clowns. I also don't it when girls starve themselves, I don't understand this obsession with being so thin that your ribcage hangs out. I feel sorry for the girls that do this, I really do but that is not only not attractive but it is incredibly disgusting. Thinner does not equal prettier, there is a huge difference between being lean and "thin" and being a little chubby is not the same as being morbidly obese.

• Brohoof 7

Eh, I guess using tears to get your way on purpose, but that sorta goes for both genders. I just don't like it.

I really don't like those girls that will hit you, but say you can't hit back because they're female, and then they go on about how women are just as strong as men. I don't advocate hitting anyone, but if you don't want to be hit, then you shouldn't hit others.

I also find it really annoying when they get upset about something like being called ugly, and then when you try to cheer them up they get mad at you for hitting on them. Can't I just be friendly without you assuming I have an ulterior motive?

Most girls I know aren't like that, but the ones that are drive me up the wall.

Edited by BasementPony
  • Brohoof 6

Don't really have any, except for one. I have noticed and that is girls that play dumb in front of guys for whatever reason. I can't stand it, other then that I can't think of any. I'm sure guys do the same though, I don't like it either way.

• Brohoof 3

As a girl, I have a lot more "pet peeves" about girls than guys. I've never been into shopping or makeup or things like that.

That being said, I do have some for a few guys that I know, but that's just the specific person, and not the whole gender.

• Brohoof 1

When girls spend hours upon HOURS shopping for clothes. I'll sometimes have to be with my mom and sister doing that and it's so BORING! Then they are picky with them because they say they look ugly in them. They're just clothes. Also who cares how you look on te outside. Isn't it what's on the inside that counts.

Also when they aren't direct on what you want and expect the guy to know. If you want something from us guys just tell us and don't expect a Prince Charming every few seconds.

And who could forget how when they go on and on about their boyfriend. I know you two are happy together but I really don't care.

Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 3

I don't like when guys gloat about sex/their genitals or say sexist things like "women belong in the kitchen".

I also dislike guys who don't shower or don't wear deodorant. I've literally GAGGED standing next to a rancid guy before.

Of course, most guys I know aren't like that.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 5

I don't like when guys gloat about sex/their genitals or say sexist things like "women belong in the kitchen".

Right? At work I swear all the younger guys there talk about is men's genitalia... They're somehow able to center entire break conversations over that subject matter.

Naturally, the sexist jokes are awful, too. And then they turn around and whine about how no girl will date them even though they're such a "nice guy".

• Brohoof 7

Wow, so it seems like each gender just mostly hates their own gender.

I have never, ever understood my fellow manly-men's desire to show women photos of their junk. MAYBE, if there's a misconception that they might have any interest whatsoever in viewing it, but even among girlfriends that has to be uncommon - a cock is hardly anyone's most visually appealing feature.

I think there was an episode of Parks and Recreation involving that...

But if I am going to say one thing about girls; they ARE shallower in terms of relationship expectations than they will often let on. They're not necessarily worse than guys in that regard, but they're not perfect. While describing one set of characteristics they'd like, they're often more interested in another. This isn't to mean that the "nice guy" legend is just as dismally true as reported. But, girls seem less likely to be, even sarcastically, honest (ie, a male comedian saying "Dude, I just want boobs!")

• Brohoof 2

Woms are very difficult to read.

Is she mad at you? Did you do something wrong? Is she trying to get yout attention? Is she just constipated?

The world may never know, friend.

• Brohoof 4

I don't have any problems with the opposite gender except maybe too much make-up. However...

manlyExplosion2.jpg

This is the definition of manly? If society expected all males to be like this, then I would end up cross-dressing. Not that there's anything wrong with cross-dressing, it's just that this stereotypical idea of 'manliness' and 'the man card' really gets on my nerves.

• Brohoof 2

I don't advocate hitting anyone, but if you don't want to be hit, then you shouldn't hit others.

I don't either but if someone slaps me than I am probably going either slap or spin on them and if someone tries to assault me than they are getting their ass kicked regardless of what gender they are.

I should maybe thank those guys because that means more ladies for me, seriously though most of the guys that brag about the size of their shlongs or how often they got laid are full of crap anyway. As for the kitchen thing, I like cooking and I am a guy so I wouldn't mind cooking a nice meal for me and a pretty girl.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

My biggest pet peeve is for my own sex and about "personal" products.

Wrap it and throw it away. Don't throw it on the floor, or stick it on the wall! Nobody wants to see it! 

For guys now: Stop spitting every two steps you take! Oh, and pull up your pants! I don't want to look at your underwear!

(OMG, I'm getting old!)

• Brohoof 7

Girls: Drama/Excessive Gossip. 

Boys: Talking about sex constantly, and calling a girl a bitch if she doesn't want to go out with them. Also, constant spitting annoys me too.

(There's this one girl in my school who says things like "I play Pokemon! I'm such a nerd! Haha!". How is she a nerd? Lot's of people in my Senior class like Pokemon. Is she trying to act cool, or something? I mean, she says things like this all the time too.)

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 4

Selfies, holy hell. Like, we get it, you're attractive, but your 20 pictures in 5 minutes is over excessive to say the least. Also, when girls don't just tell you what's wrong.

• Brohoof 5

-the social conformity/hivemindedness in women is annoying to me. Being execssively influenced by peers. The tendency to make decisions based upon what's popular instead of what's good and true. There's a reason men don't do fashion in terms of "trends", at least not usually.

I know hivemindedness can be found in men too, but it's not as common.

EDIT: Mein Gott, how could I have forgotten? Celebrity gossip! Stop reading it. You do not need to know what Rihanna is wearing (not very much) or how much coke Justin Bieber snorted this week (very much). Focus on things that matter!

Edited by NomDeSpite
  • Brohoof 1

- Not ALL guys, but I really don't like when guys always have to try and show off their muscles in pics. (This goes to the swagfags, jocks, etc, which I doubt there are any on here, don't be butthurt).

- I don't like how MOST guys act like they have to be the "man" and tough things out like the "no crying" bullcrap. Everyone cries. Humans are made to cry. Just sayin...I mean, I do like my men to be a LITTLE tough, like if I am being messed with, I want a guy to jump in and kick butt and not whimp over it...but still.

- I don't like when some guys make those "Women in the kitchen" stereotypes and act like alls they are made for is cooking, cleaning, sex, and thats it. Women are more than that. Same goes for men. We are made to be human honestly. 

I am a female, but some feminine things do annoy me too...

- I love make up, but I HATE when girls cake it on. Like...so much pounds of it, you look like a clown. Make up art, is a whole different perspective. 

- I hate when the girls do the "messy bun". Incase no one knows it, around here, all the girls did the "messy bun" which was a half assed bun basically wadded up and messy looking, ratty, and knotted and basically just wrapped around with a hair tie. Is making a neat, cute looking bun THAT hard?

- When a lot of preppy girls insist on they need to TAN because its "attractive". Okay, sitting there every day frying your skin is going to make you look attractive? Its okay to maybe tan a little, like when you run around in the sun.

- I don't like when girls are like "I'M SO UGLY, OMG *TAKES 100000000 SELFIES AND POSTS THEM* MAN, I WISH I LOOKED LIKE MARILYN MONROE, HURHURHURHURHURHUR!!!!" Shut up, you're pretty. Everyone's pretty. Looks aren't the only thing thats pretty. Personalities are too. ;) 

Sorry, but please don't be butthurt or offended. I am sure most of you don't even do this, because everyone on here..pretty much does not seem like that xD again, sorry...I am not trying to be mean..

• Brohoof 6

It's important to make note that when we talk about such things, we're usually talking about either personal experiences, stereotypes or a little of both. None of it is meant to be truly umbrella statements.

That said, I hate when women take something you said and twist it in their minds to mean something else. If I said it, that's how I meant it to be heard. There is no alternative meaning behind it.

Another thing that gets me:

*Sigh*

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing."

"Bullshit, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

:okiedokielokie: One does not sigh randomly all the fraggin' time.