Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to Equestria Girls becoming a spin off TV series?

Adorkable

Same quality, same voice actors, you know the drill. ;)

I was going to make it a poll, but thought there's probably too big of a range of options that could be possible. ^^

So what do you guys think? Would you watch it? Flip or rage? Be super happy over it? Let's hear it!

As for me, I would be thrilled to see EQG as a spin off TV series, I think it would be awesome. I love the movies, so why not make it a series overall? ^^

Of course, not replacing FiM by any means. ^^

Plus, the icing on the cake, more Twily Sparkles! <3 ^^

• Brohoof 4

As much as I liked the movie, I would rather they just focused on what they're currently doing and leave the Human world to spin-off movies.

Then again, I wouldn't not watch it :P

im not sure, i mean, they would have to work on two things there for mlp, which means it would be rushed even more. 

i guess it could be alright, but i think i would prefer movies.

• Brohoof 1

It depends to on how much it effects show canon. If we have crossover episodes every other week, then I am going to get very, very tired of it quickly. But if it stays like the good little red headed stepchild it is, and stays in its little dark corner and stops trying to steal scraps from the table, then I'd have no issue with it, I would just not watch Save by the Bell:pony edition.

I originally thought EQG was gonna be a TV series instead of a movie series(I'd prefer a TV series myself)

Personally I wouldn't mind as long as it has the same quality I expect from this show and it doesn't cannibalize resources form the core show

Edited by Randy Marsh

I honestly wouldn't enjoy it all that much. I only enjoy the movies because they are shaped off of the MLP cast, other than that the holes in the story make it look like swiss cheese, and it's incredibly under played, character rules are dummied down, and the situational importance seemed really avoidable, and the plot devices were just unnecessary circumstances. I actually hope and pray that we can have a MLP movie IN EQUESTRIA. PONIES, better plot devices, in a world where princesses are more than principals and students. I honestly think it would be cool to see them bring Sunset back at some point but, AS A PONY.

• Brohoof 1

I would not be suprised. As long as they don't mess with mlp show I'm fine with it. I think I love the movie more than most people here, it just warms my heart in a special way.

• Brohoof 1

I would be downright excited for it. I would definitely watch it, I definitely think it will be the same kind of quality as MLP and I think it could be a very exciting idea. You never know until you try and besides, let it run like after the FiM season ends, start EQG Season 1, then MLP Season, and so forth. This could be a cool idea!

Psst, I'm making an Equestria Girls series on YouTube ;)

I'm not sure how they would justify Twilight spending months away from Ponyville in the main show, because if they did find a way to allow her to freely cross between humanland and horseland it would ruin the plot of the first movie.

TBH is already is a spinoff in its own.

Its a straight to DVD movie series spinoff.

Likely RR isn't going to be the last. They seem to be trying to literally compete with things like Monsters high with it, and not only in the doll designs.

• Brohoof 1

.... Setting my view of EQG aside for the moment, a spin off would be a bad move because A ) There would likely be less time and money put into FiM fairly quickly, given that both would be done by the same studio it would be a game of "trying to catch two rabbits". B ) I'm already wishing on a star that after FiM is finished, that a spin off series recounting the adventures of young Celestia and Luna might be a possibility; but if they made a EQG series, they wouldn't risk money on another spin-off series. There have been instances where a series sparks two spin-offs but that rarely happens or when it does, quality typically suffers.

No. Please, no. Even if I ignore my bias, I still think it would be a bad idea. There would be less focus on FiM overall, and I don't see the point in an entirely different show with basically the same characters.

• Brohoof 2

Well, considering that MLP might last at least 5 more years, I believe it might be plausible to give a year of rest to FiM and focus on EG. I would certainly watch it, but I hope they make episodes outside their high school, since there are lots of potential plots in other parts

I would be rather shocked if they decided to do this... I would be afraid it would start to replace MLP: FiM... I dunno. I would probably watch it, but seeing as the first movie was just "alright" (imo) means that a cartoon series would possibly... burn. Really badly. ^^; (especially after seeing the new shorts, which were also just "meh" to me personally). So I wouldn't be upset/mad if they did so, but a little uneasy... to say the least. ^^;

I think some of you may be doing the whole "judging a book by its cover" thing. I mean, think of it like this. A lot of Bronies went nuts when they heard about Twily -mother effing" Sparkles becoming a Princess, and then with Equestria Girls the first movie. They both turned out to be fine despite the people who bash on the movie. I'd say if it did happen, Bronies would be happy with it. But that's just my opinion. I doubted Princess Twilight and Equestria Girls, both of those turned out to be 2 of my favorite MLP things, I've learned to never doubt the team again, they know what they're doing, despite the massive amount of negative feedback they receive from fans before the event happens.