Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Daft Punk Discussion

CosmicHooves

Hey ponies.

Hyper Dash here.

This band is one of my all time favorites along with deadmau5.

They've got swag, cool, and retro style!

One of their first big hits was this timeless classic.

Listen to it.

I command you!

Great!

No?

Yes?

Anyways they've come really far making their music.

They even did the soundtrack for the movie Tron Legacy!

Here's their latest hit that I am familiar with.

Ok so that's it for now!

post-25645-0-41924200-1398128512_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Hey ponies.

Hyper Dash here.

This band is one of my all time favorites a

One of my favorite bands to and I have Homework and R.O.M on vinyl! Da Funks one of my favorites, and High Fidelity 

Discovery is personally my favorite album by them though, I love the sampling on there as well, like George Duke and Tavares etc anways

http://youtu.be/mjli3hj0ZkM

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Now THIS one is a classic.

I think the anime animation for the music videos they used for Discovery were a bit weird though.

Also from the same album:

Edited by Hyper Dash
  • Brohoof 2

Discovery is one of my favourite Daft Punk albums, and I think that Interstella 5555 was wicked brilliant. I have very mixed emotions about their new Disco style, as I'm more familiar with their older style and consider it their signature. However, I do enjoy R.A.M (Random Access Memories) almost as much as their older albums (besides Human After All).

• Brohoof 4

Anypony like the song High Fidelity?

It’s from Daft Punks album Homework: and I've always thought it was cool and always found the way it was made as far as sampling fascinating. 

I made a video on my Youtube channel about two years ago about it, because I worked out how Daft Punk made the song as far as where the original samples are from in Billy Joel- Just the way you are as I find that sort of stuff interesting.

It took me ages going back and forth in audacity with Billy Joel and Daft Punk listening closely to figure out which part was from where but it was fun.

Anyway I'll post a link to both the song and my video if anyone's interested.

Now THIS one is a classic.

I think the anime animation for the music videos they used for Discovery were a bit weird though.

Also from the same album:

Have you seen Interstellar 5555?

I've only heard a little bit of Daft Punk. I didn't even know One More Time was them until I was listening to songs from Interstellar. I still haven't seen the movie itself but I've definitely been meaning to.

I only know a few songs by them but Harder Better Faster Stronger is my favorite, especially in one remix I heard that has a heavy beat pacer in the background so it adds a little meat to the song.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I am actually a huge prog rock purist. But somehow, this sounds great to my ears. (Well, interstellar 5555 at least)

They managed something complex that sounds good to the simple ear, which is amazing.

I have seen the movie with my friend, a great one lol. My favorites are Harder better faster stronger along with around the world and face to face. Even if I'm not a huge fan of get lucky, they managed to bring back a rock sound into their music. They deserve the success sincerely. :P

• Brohoof 3

Daft Punk along with Deadmau5 and Justice were one of the groups that got me into music. According to last.fm I have over 3000 listens so I'm pretty much an addict.

Relevant image:

tumblr_n0kdjuG3VO1qh6dbqo1_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Daft Punk is cool. I didn't really like Random Access Memories as much as I liked their other albums, though.

Oh yeah.
Here's the Tron Legacy soundtrack.
"Derezzed" I believe it's called.

I love the song but the music video kinda gets derpy. :P

• Brohoof 1

Definitely check out Alive 2007 if you guys haven't, it's one of the best live albums I've ever heard. While I can't stand listening to Human After All on its own, what they did to it in this album is incredible.

Edited by K.K. Slider
  • Brohoof 3