Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If Twilight Became An Alicorn Before Magical Mystery Cure?

Denim&Venöm

What would've been the next best point for Twilight to ebcoem an Alicorn  

12 users have voted

1. 1. At What Other Point Should Twilight Have Become An Alicorn?

• At the end of Return of the Crystal Empire
    • At the end of A Canterlot Wedding
    • At the end of Return to Harmony
    • At the end of The Return of Nightmare Moon
    • At the start of the series
    • Other episode (elaborate please)

How would you guys have reacted had Twilight become an Alicorn princess prior to Magical Mystery Cure? Would the reaction have been better or worse then what we've experienced? Would the reaction have been different if she transformed, say after the Crystal Empire arc? How about if her coronation took place at the end of season 2 instead or even was used to start season 2? What if she was transformed at the end of the series pilot? What if, She actually started off the show as an Alicorn princess? 

Also, as you can see by the presence of a poll function, what would've been the next best point to transform Twilight? And never is not an option. 

I'd have prefered never.

But among the options, the start of the series seems to be the best moment. Like this, there wouldn't be a "before/after" Twilicorn.

Edited by Blobulle

None of these episode's stories would make sense as a place for Twilight to be upgraded. Putting the coronation in any one of these episodes would have felt even more forced than what others make it out to be. Not to mention that putting it at the beginning of the series flat-out foils all of Twilight's buildup and development as a character.

If she became an alicorn in Canterlot Wedding, it would have been into a dark alicorn whose friends had betrayed her.  It would have gone a bit like "Faith and Doubt"

I feel that her becoming alicorn in Magical Mystery Cure, was suitable, had she become a alicorn beforehand that would of been sort of random and out of the blue. I feel her becoming a alicorn after learning about friendship and becoming friends with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie like Celestia wanted her student to do.

If her transformation were to take place after any other episode, that would just destroy the series and wouldn't even make any sense.

For her transformation to occur, she would have to prove herself that she fully understands the magic of friendship. Just making her an alicorn out of the blue would throw things off and make no sense to the plot.

I think Twilight becoming an alicorn in Magical Mystery Cure was a bit more subtle, but if I had to choose an alternate episode it would be the end of the Return of Harmony.

It still would have been one of the most rushed character progressions in the history of ever. Her becoming an alicorn essentially ends her major character arc. So doing it even earlier would have been just as bad, if not worse.

Unless the entire season up to that point had been leading up to her becoming a demi-god, and the show came to a end one season after that.

There's not another episode as better as Magical Mystery Cure for Twilight becoming an Alicorn...It's true,MMC wa srushed,but...If that happened on another episode,how would you react?

I've took my own freedom to simulate a few reactions of my own

(Take on count that those are 1st reactions,following the episodes's order )

Ranks:

1 angrys :Ok...A bit angry

2 angrys :Ok!!!That's enought

3 angrys:F*ck this show!!!!

*leaves room*

Friendship is magic

I'LL NEVER SEE A SHOW WITH A CHARACTER AS MARY SUE AS HER!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: 

Return of Harmony

W...What on the holy fuck?Only Twilight???

Why not Applejack???And Rainbow Dash???And Rarity???

Everypony helped defeating Discord!!! :angry: :angry:

A Canterlot Weeding

Why on the hell Twilight became an alicorn???

The ones who saved the day were Shining Armor and Cadence???

It should be Shining the one who became an alicorn!!! :angry: :angry:

Crystal Empire

Why?????Why????? :angry: :angry: :angry: 

And,after all.my reaction to her actual transformation on MMC:

Magical Mistery Cure

If they handle it right,it could work...

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 1

One of my main problems with Twilicorn is because it is too soon and making it even sooner would add more fuel to the fire. The only way this would not be the case is if she was already one at the start of the series, aside from that I would have wished they waited at least another season or two or if it had to be season 3 make the buildup a bit more convincing than a few vague hints about it being her "destiny."

I think if anything they could've waited another season or two to make twilight an alicorn, but if i had to choose an earlier point for her transformation it would be the return of harmony, because having to remember what made her friends with everyone to start with and use it to reunite her friends would have been a good "capstone lesson" for her.

That said, i would rather have seen her turn at the end of season four, since this season would be largely the same if twilight was still a unicorn. Although, i also don't have any serious issues with twilacorn, so having her be this way now is ok too :3

I just finished watching season 3.  I have seen 4 random episodes from season 4 (the first ones I ever saw.)  I thought Magical Mystery Cure was well done, albeit rushed.  It should have been a 2-part.  Beside the point.  I wasn't at all opposed to Twi becoming an alicorn, but honestly I think that her transformation/coronation as a princess should have been the series finale.  Imo, they should have waited until the end of the entire show to do this episode.  I think if they split Magical Mystery Cure into, say, a 3-part episode, it would have made en epic series finale.  I'm a big advocate in ending franchises on a high point and leaving the fans wanting more.  I love the idea of her coronation in Canterlot being the last thing we see, and it's just left up to our imagination what she's going to do now as a princess.  But I know most people will disagree.  At the very least, I think they should have waited one more season.