Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video game songs on...

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Your ipods, mp3s, phones, iphones, ipads, etc. etc. etc.!!!!!

Do you have any on those? How much? From what games?

I have a few soundtracks from Paper Mario TTYD (I like that soundtrack better), Star Fox adventures and Assault, Spyro (all 3 of the first games), Kingdom hearts, Super smash bros brawl and melee, and Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, and conkers bad fur day x3 hehehe

I've since removed most of my VGM from my iPod (which I rarely use anymore, anyway), but I used to have quite a few tracks from Super Castlevania IV, Mega Man X-X3, Earthbound, and Star Fox.

• Brohoof 1

I have all the tracks from these games

Metal Gear Rising

Anarchy Reigns

No More Heroes 1 nad 2

Mad World

Dark Souls 2

I also have a few from

Kingdom Hearts

Nier Replicant (or whatever it is called since it has multiple names)

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Final Fantasy 6, 7, & 8

Bayonetta

Persona 4

I have the entire halo discography on my ipod. From Halo CE, all the way to the current Halo 4. I even have the entire soundtrack to Halo Wars.

Good man.

I have Halo Reach, some Final Fantasy stuff, Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure 2 Battle, some Uncharted, BlazBlue, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Tales of Xillia, InFamous 2, and the Pokemon Red and Blue soundtrack.

I need to get the rest of the Halo discography, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Persona 4, more Pokemon, and much more. Nintendo has practically released every game's soundtrack for Pokemon on iTunes too.

Good man.

I have Halo Reach, some Final Fantasy stuff, Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure 2 Battle, some Uncharted, BlazBlue, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Tales of Xillia, InFamous 2, and the Pokemon Red and Blue soundtrack.

I need to get the rest of the Halo discography, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Persona 4, more Pokemon, and much more. Nintendo has practically released every game's soundtrack for Pokemon on iTunes too.

I really enjoy the halo wars soundtrack. It certainly has the "Halo" feel, but is a lot more mellowed out than the normal fps game sountracks.

Yep... The metal gear codec call sound as my notification tone and phoenix wright: cornered (the first game's version) as my ringtone. I also have a bunch of others, like the ring tone from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on standby.

As for full songs on my media devices:

- LOTS of touhou + touhou remixes. I have a dedicated playlist for when I'm programming of these.

- Super Mario RPG full soundtrack

- Banjo Kazooie (Blake Robinson's reorchestrated versions)

- A bunch from Pokemon (all reorchestrated pieces)

- The Duck Tales NES soundtrack

... and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. As a side note, I love it when people go back to old video games and reorchestrate it. (I have a major weak spot for string instruments in particular...)

Edited by Celtore

Ugh, practically all my songs in my Ipod are from videogames. I got tons of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Ace Combat, and others like Ni No Kuni, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Okami, etc

I have a load of Game Soundtracks on my IPOD.   Yet, the most I have is all the soundtracks from Halo (Halo CE to Halo Spartan Assault).  Yes.............that is by far the best music I've heard.   I also have Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars (Old Republic, Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, and Battlefront), Kingdom Hearts, ACE Combat, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros, MechWarrior, Assault Rigs, and Apache Soundtracks. 

TBH, I barely listen to today's music (that is b/c 90% of them just suck), and as some say "Instrumental Music has more words than Music with words".

Edited by Prometheus

I have a load of Game Soundtracks on my IPOD.   Yet, the most I have is all the soundtracks from Halo (Halo CE to Halo Spartan Assault).  Yes.............that is by far the best music I've heard.   I also have Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars (Old Republic, Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, and Battlefront), Kingdom Hearts, ACE Combat, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros, MechWarrior, Assault Rigs, and Apache Soundtracks. 

TBH, I barely listen to today's music (that is b/c 90% of them just suck), and as some say "Instrumental Music has more words than Music with words".

You better have the halo 3 odst and halo wars soundtracks! :P

You better have the halo 3 odst and halo wars soundtracks! :P

I've got all of them...........ODST, is by far my favorite out of all of them.  Martin did a fantastic job on the music in that one game.  The gameplay went with the flow of the music perfectly, :D

I've got all of them...........ODST, is by far my favorite out of all of them.  Martin did a fantastic job on the music in that one game.  The gameplay went with the flow of the music perfectly, :D

Especially that skyline theme. I just wish that campaign had been longer.

I used to have some video game music on my MP3 player but generally speaking I don't enjoy any of it outside of the game itself. There are a few exceptions though because the songs are amazing.

I used to have a bunch of the battle themes from the Baten Kaitos series, a couple Castlevania: Curse of Darkness boss themes, a few Kingdom Hearts boss themes, a remix of the final boss theme of Wild Arms 2...as you can see there's a pattern. Battle and boss themes are usually the only songs worth listening to outside of the games.

The majority of music I listen too is game soundtracks.

My favorites (in no particular order) are:

Halo (Only those made by Bungie.  If it's not Bungie, it's not Halo)

Final Fantasy

God of War

Skyrim

Super Smash Brawl

Zelda

Minecraft

I love video game music, it's up there with film soundtracks as one of my favourite genres! I keep the discographies for Halo, Mass Effect and Skyrim on hand at all times. I've always liked instrumental music though, so it's not all that surprising.

I've also got a small collection of various 8 bit era chip tunes, because video game music is actually a great topic to run in a music classroom. There's a lot you can do with those fabulous little melodies.