Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why do people want GTA 5 on PC?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

pc3.jpg

I was curious why people want GTA 5 in PC. It was able to make a billion dollars without a PC release.

So why they need a PC release! What is the reason why?!

(By the way, the picture above is fake)

Edited by LyecOctavia

It's so the people who don't have consoles can play it, not everyone has a console and we feel left behind because we can't play the most talked about game ever. And for those who aren't used to the console controls, pc would be much easier to play. 

• Brohoof 2

Here's why.

Also because...there's not really any reason for "elitism" among console players - some people just have a PC, rather than an Xbox or Playstation. It's their preference.

• Brohoof 4

I got it on my PlayStation 3. I barely play it anymore because I really have started to prefer PC over anything. It's been like that for a couple years now. Especially NOW since I built my first gaming rig a couple months ago. Was such a satisfying experience to not only own, but to be able to say I built this with my own hands is just awesome. It was really easy though so it's nothing to brag about. Makes me wonder why people are so afraid to do it themselves. I was worried at first like oh what if I break one part and the whole thing is ruined, but then a friend convinced me into doing it and I'm so glad he did.

Because not everypony can afford a $400-500+ console

Because not everyone is a fan of companies telling people what to do with their gaming devices (like Sony locking out Linux support

Because PC is master race

Because it can be played online without paying Micro$oft a monthly fee to use their online service

• Brohoof 1

Because we don't want to play it on something that can barely get 720p and 30 Frames while having horrible muddy textures and a shit load of pop in.  That's why some people want it.

Why do console players want DayZ, Gmod, Rust, etc?

Why would I want to pay $400-500 on a system that is already outdated and will get even worst in the next few years, causing me not to be able to play the games how they were meant to be played from the developers? Why would I want to be limited in my options for input? Why should I be stuck with a piece of machinery that I can not tinker around with and upgrade when I feel like it needs it? Why should I use something that makes me pay to play online in a game? Why should I have to pay more for my games most of the time? Why should I get a machine that won't let me play games even from 2 years ago? Why should I play on a machine that will not let me do what I want to do with my games?

• Brohoof 5

They want it because 

A. It will run much smoother and look prettier. 

B. The only people playing GTA4 still are the PC players due to its massive Modding community.

C. Its not all about making money its also making all your customers happy. Rockstar has PC customers who are currently not happy. We didnt get red dead redemption and they make us wait forever for a GTA game. I for one would rather get this game on my Computer than what i have it on (ps3) because most of my friends are PC gamers and its Multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Maybe that is the reason why they didn't release it on the PC. They are offended by geeks keep on saying PC master race
After they release gta 4 in PC

Also just letting you know it is coming to the PC. Rockstar has stated they have every intention to do so. My guess tho is they want to also release it on PS4 and Xboned which can be comparable to a PC version so that way everyone is happy.

Why do people want a PC version of Red Dead Redemption? It's the same thing. We should be able to play it aswell, w/o getting a console.

Edited by Guest

Does it matter? can't  they just make a ps3/xbox emulator and play it that way?

Generally speaking, an emulator on a pc needs to be at least 10 times more powerful than the console it's emulating to have decently playable speeds. 7-8 times more powerful if the emulator is coded with efficient dynamic recompilation.

Edited by Teller
  • Brohoof 1

It could be for one or multiple of reasons

-Don't own a console and don't want to purchase one or just don't have the spare money to buy one

-An overall better experience(1920p@60fps is a massive difference over a upscaled 720p@30fps)

-Mods

-Get a taste of what the talk is about

Edited by Captain Variance
  • Brohoof 2

I like the argument as a p.c does have a modding community and as time goes on patch fixes from the company or fans can improve on it as well then you have the ability to always upgrade your p.c. Though consoles can be so simple to play on, just put the game in and play no install or steam or serial number just bam your playing the game and the game does not have issues because everyone with the same console will have the same experience no argument about upgrading when it didn't matter anyways because all that should matter is the game.

Well, let's look at history.

Every other GTA game has seen a PC release. Because of this, there are GTA fans on the PC too. Why shouldn't they be able to enjoy GTA V without having to spend the money on a console they will get less out of? Buying a console just for one game makes absolutely no sense financially and logically. Or maybe they just want a better experience than what the consoles can provide.

Also, I might as well beg the question. Why do console gamers want Rust, DayZ, Garry's Mod, Red Orchestra, Kerbal Space Program, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Black Mesa, Arma, Sir, You Are Being Hunted and a more up-to-date TF2/Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?

• Brohoof 6

TF2/Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?

Those two games mentioned actually had a console release, but did you know that in counter strike global offensive, you can play with PC,Mac,ps3, and Xbox 360 players in one server?

Those two games mentioned actually had a console release, but did you know that in counter strike global offensive, you can play with PC,Mac,ps3, and Xbox 360 players in one server?

Yeah, but they're both unsupported. TF2 on the Xbox 360 hasn't been patched since 2008 and PS3 since 2007, and Counter-Strike has NEVER gotten a single patch on the consoles.

• Brohoof 1