Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

SoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's seems like somebronies worst nightmare MIGHT be true after all  :blink:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/04/more-speculation-kazachok-licensing.html

edit: It's official, it's going to be an EG side series

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/equestria-girls-equestria-academy.html

MOAR SCREENTIME FOR SUNNY  :yay:

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 3

I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of FiM, which it shouldn't if I'm reading the article correctly since a different company is licensed to make it... But wouldn't that mean they'd have to use Twilight's human counterpart instead of her herself, since she obviously would be in the Equestrian dimension?

Meaning, either they'd have to break canon and make pony Twilight leave Equestria for good, or they'd have to bring in the human counterpart that has no clue about anything that's gone on so far and would be incredibly awkward.

• Brohoof 7

The end is neigh. What if they stop ponies altogether. I mean, don't you think it was kind of hard for the writers to adjust the change with alicorn twilight? what if there's another crazy change like that in the season 4 finale?

It's a thing. It exists. Life goes on. In the end, that's all I think about it.

The worst that could happen is that it could delay the production of future seasons and bring even more negative light to the franchise as a whole if it screws up, but I won't knock it before I try it, though I have serious doubts about DHX and Hasbro's collective efficiency seeing how season 4 may have started late because of EqG and some screwups such as breaks in the seasons that may have been for reasons other than scheduling conflicts and certain episodes airing out of order.

• Brohoof 1

As long as they don't do anything rational, I won't complain.

So you'll complain if they do something rational? :huh:

OT: Meh, I don't care. I don't watch MLP much anymore. :3 

Edited by Clarity-chan

Just...

...just whatever, I'm done. Just done, forever. From this moment onward, I will cease the EQG-bashing. I mean, EQG's mere existence further removes us from ever getting a real pony movie, makes us all look even weirder in the muggles' eyes, and may very well take away manpower/effort from the show we all actually like, but whatever. I'm not bitter or anything. Not anymore. Nope. No siree. You guys go ahead and enjoy your at most amusing 90 minute distractions that I'm willing to bet you would not give two flipping craps about if it wasn't for the fact that they look and kind of act like characters you like. You know, the characters on the show that's already great because the creators actually want to work on it. The one Hasbro keeps acting like it doesn't attract a huge audience range because they are, for whatever reason, afraid to capitalize on that and hate money.

Look, my opinion will probably soften into a state of jaded indifference in a few days, and who knows, maybe this series suddenly turns into Pixar-quality productions out of nowhere. But as it stands...just whatever.

jumper.gif

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 6

I'm not surprised Hasbro would want to make an Equestria Girls TV series. When the first movie came out I saw articles that said the movie was the start to an entire spin off series but that the spin off would be separate from FIM and be a different canon that has no barring on the pony universe or pony plots. 

Because the girls toy market needed more Bratz tv specials. That is exactly what they needed. More highschool cliches banking off some familiar faces. Well, unless the quality of EqG skyrockets from what I saw during the 1st movie, I will not be watching this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=didzxUkrtS0

Whoops, almost forgot the thread theme.

Edited by Miaq_The_Truthful

No one asked for Equestria Girls and yet they make this. Oh man, they want to compete with Barbie for humanoid toy figures.

I'm still banking if they make an actual pony movie and not a spinoff though.

• Brohoof 2

What is this?  The fandom actually reacting to this franchise without any serious drama?  I don't have to tell everypony to calm the Tartarus down?

tumblr_lus8mtxQCq1qafrh6.png

The first movie and comic book were a success.  And the YouTube shorts have been getting views in the millions.  Everything we've collectively done has told them that the show is a good idea.

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 4

This song pretty much explains my opinions on this...

However, by judging of the commercial success and fairly high critical ratings of the first movie, and the possible critical and commercial success of the next EqG movie, this will probably be fun to watch, just like FiM. :D

Edited by GeometryMath Algebra

I'm finished judging a book by its cover. I thought Equestria Girls was a pretty good movie. As long as they don't do anything really silly with it that affects MLP:FiM, I'm fine with whatever they come up with.

• Brohoof 1