Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

SoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's seems like somebronies worst nightmare MIGHT be true after all  :blink:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/04/more-speculation-kazachok-licensing.html

Ugg.....you know why this is happening guys? Because the horrendous EQG dolls from the first movie apparently sold so well, despite how terrible they were. Great, just great. Next thing you know, hasbro will say they're planning on 5 more years of equestria girls.....

• Brohoof 2

I expected more freak outs from this to be honest. Well, I dunno what some of you meant with not interfering with FiM, it is interfering with the canon? or the production? I wouldn't mind if they don't make a season of FiM in one or two years out of five in favor of this supposed series, less risk of making FiM stale. Besides, I enjoined EG, but I'm aware if it's flaws as a movie, but at least it was a success and it allows to explore a whole new world

• Brohoof 2

I expected more freak outs from this to be honest. Well, I dunno what some of you meant with not interfering with FiM, it is interfering with the canon? or the production? I wouldn't mind if they don't make a season of FiM in one or two years out of five in favor of this supposed series, less risk of making FiM stale. Besides, I enjoined EG, but I'm aware if it's flaws as a movie, but at least it was a success and it allows to explore a whole new world

I think a lot of us who hated it have just become jaded to the whole thing by now.

Just...

...just whatever, I'm done. Just done, forever. From this moment onward, I will cease the EQG-bashing. I mean, EQG's mere existence further removes us from ever getting a real pony movie, makes us all look even weirder in the muggles' eyes, and may very well take away manpower/effort from the show we all actually like, but whatever. I'm not bitter or anything. Not anymore. Nope. No siree. You guys go ahead and enjoy your at most amusing 90 minute distractions that I'm willing to bet you would not give two flipping craps about if it wasn't for the fact that they look and kind of act like characters you like. You know, the characters on the show that's already great because the creators actually want to work on it. The one Hasbro keeps acting like it doesn't attract a huge audience range because they are, for whatever reason, afraid to capitalize on that and hate money.

Look, my opinion will probably soften into a state of jaded indifference in a few days, and who knows, maybe this series suddenly turns into Pixar-quality productions out of nowhere. But as it stands...just whatever.

img-2583540-1-jumper.gif

Maybe season 5 will be Equestria Academy...and the rest of the series too

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 3

You are a very, very evil man.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they got to a point where they decided an EQG tv show would be more profitable than MLP, due to ailing popularity of the latter, and they might not even have time for both of them on the air. And they did say they planned 5 more years of the G4, and unfortunately, EQG is a part of G4 so.....like I doubt they would do it, but at the same time, it really wouldn't be a shock. I mean there's only so many plot decides they can shoehorn into FIM to make a new Twilight Sparkle doll to sell.

Basically I can see them getting to a point where they find EQG to be more profitable as a series than FIM, but that would only be because they'd have run out of toys to sell for FIM and the show would no longer be netting them enough profits via ad revenue from being on tv to justify keeping around alongside a "fresh"(and those gigantic quotation marks are there for a good reason) new series with the same animation, VA's, and characters. And than eventually G5 will come out and a new era of ponies will begin....hopefully a consistently good one.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

Angel was on for a whole extra season after Buffy ended.

There you go, it can happen. I wouldn't imagine, if this to occur, that Equestria Academy would last very long after the end of MLP FIM, tho the higher ups at hasbro may disagree, I don't think it has the material, based on it's setting, to go on past a season or two. I mean, seriously, how much could they possibly do with EQG's generic high school setting? And tho hasbro may believe that the vast majority of bronies would keep watching that show after FIM sinks, I really doubt it, I'm sure a HUGE chunk of the fanbase would be gone after FIM ends, and wouldn't stick around for "My Little Humans, High School is Magic".

Speaking of this new show, what the hell is gonna be the justification for it? Assuming Twilight from Equestria is the star, am I supposed to believe that she'll regularally visit the human world and go to high school even tho she's a grown adult mare? And what about the 30 moons thingy? She'd have to live there whenever she visits for lengthy while, and if the comics are to be believed (Sunset being an adult when she went in while Twilight was a filly), a short amount of time there could be several years in equestria (unless ponies grow up REALLY fast).

So......dahellisdisgonnaworkhasbro? Unless it's not pony twi, which would mean they expect people to be interested in the Humane 6, which COULD work, but I feel like they'd be more likely to contrive a reason for pony Twi to go to the human world to attend high school.....which doesn't make a shred of sense.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

@@Sir Wulfington

It's already been established that the other world has it's own Twilight Sparkle. (about 50 seconds in)

and considering that Rainbow Rocks is coming out a year after the first movie, I get the impression they were already planning to make more EG from the start, so Meghan McCarthy was laying groundwork with that dialogue.

• Brohoof 1

@@Sir Wulfington

It's already been established that the other world has it's own Twilight Sparkle. (about 50 seconds in)

and considering that Rainbow Rocks is coming out a year after the first movie, I get the impression they were already planning to make more EG from the start, so Meghan McCarthy was laying groundwork with that dialogue.

Yeah, but I have a feeling they'd rather just shoehorn in the pony Twi to make people more likely to watch. Or they'll think that most people won't care because they're basically the same characters only human. But they're not technically the same, is the problem, since they're alternate universe versions of the show's characters.

Ugg, you know what actually I wouldn't mind this show phasing out FIM because, as I've said recently, I'm of the opinion that the show should end sooner rather than later before it takes a nose dive into irredeemably bad territory. Than again EQG is technically a part of the show's canon so I'm not sure if that would really help if they're just gonna continue it into another series that could potentially destroy the continuity (implying that hasn't already happened, I'm still lazily scanning the episodes and movie for something I may have missed).

edit; actually, this won't be taking at the high school, since it's titled "Equestria Academy", and the school they went to in EQG was called "Canterlot High". So.....college?

Edited by Sir Wulfington

edit; actually, this won't be taking at the high school, since it's titled "Equestria Academy", and the school they went to in EQG was called "Canterlot High". So.....college?

It would make sense, they're already at least sophomores so they can't stay in High School too long.

But then again, "Equestria Academy" is just a translation from French, so the English name might be something else entirely.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they got to a point where they decided an EQG tv show would be more profitable than MLP, due to ailing popularity of the latter, and they might not even have time for both of them on the air.

I honestly hope not.

These CEOs are trying to compete with Barbie. EQG is nowhere near as good as FiM.

• Brohoof 2

FUCK YEAH, I'm probably the only tosser who finds this exciting. 

If it's because of more screen time for Sunny Shimmer, I'm totally with you. But I won't take it for granted unless 100% officially stated

It would make sense, they're already at least sophomores so they can't stay in High School too long.

But then again, "Equestria Academy" is just a translation from French, so the English name might be something else entirely.

Well I think it'd be going against the entire point of EQG's anyway, which is to appeal to the "high school" cliche, to compete with the likes of Monster High. If they made it against college, I don't know who they'd be trying to compete with....unless theirs a popular college show for little girls that I'm not aware of.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

Well I think it'd be going against the entire point of EQG's anyway, which is to appeal to the "high school" cliche, to compete with the likes of Monster High. If they made it against college, I don't know who they'd be trying to compete with....unless theirs a popular college show for little girls that I'm not aware of.

I don't know if the point is necessarily that they be High School age, just that they be older human girls.

The demo they're trying to appeal to are girls who are still a little too young to be in high school anyway.

Why are they doing this? They still haven't noticed the movie wasn't a success???

You not liking it does not mean it wasn't successful.

It's like the old classic "Michael Bay movies suck, why do they keep making them?" 

You not liking it does not mean it wasn't successful.

Maybe saying it wasn't a success was a bit too hard, but beside me a lot of people didn't like the movie. (I read some reviews...) I'm sure many FiM fans would have prefered a movie with only ponies... Edited by Blobulle

Maybe saying it wasn't a success was a bit too hard, but beside me a lot of people didn't like the movie. (I read some reviews...) I'm sure many FiM fans would have prefered a movie with only ponies...

Personally I'm not. I feel it'd be hard for the Show to do a feature length movie without some issues, I mean most of the Adventure arcs are no where near the slice of life quality save Return to harmony and maybe the season 4 premiere and considering The premiere and Finale are an episode short of a movie I'd rather they just make a 3 parter and be done with it. 

• Brohoof 1

The original target audience is aging and their interests are probably shifting; a natural occurrence for those entering the tween years and early teens. Equestria Girls is what I believe an attempt to keep the current iteration of this franchise, which has been by far the most profitable, relevant to them a little while longer rather than looking to an entirely new audience. Makes sense. As I said in another thread, those people care much more about high school drama than most of us do, and the merch that follows interests them more than the brushable figures and Pinkie in a diaper that once did. They aren't the sticklers for merchandise quality that a lot of us are either. Hasbro isn't abandoning FiM itself or the core audience. They're just keeping with the times and the changing desires of those on the fringe. They've yet to forsake the children (lol'd a bit at that), or us.

As always though, as long as this tangent doesn't interfere with the show itself or substantially alter it, which it hasn't so far, then everything is fine by me. People who disapprove can effortlessly ignore it and continue on their merry way. No cause for any anger or alarm as of yet.

edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, I request this to be moved to the Equestria Girls forum

Moved.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally, I think that MLP could very well end while it's winning.

I mean... It's kinda obvious to me that Hasbro (and possibly DHX) would prefer to focus on EG.

Hasbro killed a big chunk of MLP's potential when Celestia couldn't be a good queen...

Edited by moonlightavenger

I think things are going to be fine. I'm cool with MLP and Equestrian Academy running side by side. But let for example Season 5 end, then EQA can start, then MLP Season 6 and so forth. That way we always have pony! I stay on the bright side up and wait it out. Let's see what happens. I'm very excited!

• Brohoof 2