Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

I honestly don't know what to think about this. Are they doing it for money? Or are they doing it to actually entertain us. For some reason I'm getting the weirdest feeling that they're just trying to get more people to buy merchandise and stuff like that with this new show. I mean that's always been their goal, Hasbro, is to make money. But honestly, a whole new series? I think maybe a bit too MANY bronies were buying merch before this. Man.

I honestly don't know what to think about this. Are they doing it for money? Or are they doing it to actually entertain us. For some reason I'm getting the weirdest feeling that they're just trying to get more people to buy merchandise and stuff like that with this new show. I mean that's always been their goal, Hasbro, is to make money. But honestly, a whole new series? I think maybe a bit too MANY bronies were buying merch before this. Man.

If watching something made for money troubles you, you should disregard 99% of the entertainment industry, including FiM. :P

Ooooh nooo... A corperation is trying to make money... what great evil is this called a profit? Quick! Twilight and co! Blast the money making evil with yout rainbow powers!!!

Whats that?

My little pony wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the prospect of making money and instead of bitching about people getting paid for work they do instead you should support the creators that put the effort into making enjoyable content?

Well blow me down I guess that makes sense, Thanks Ms Pony Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle!

Bring on the spinoff series!

Before watching Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks I was alittle sceptical about this new Equestria Academy TV Series but after seeing Rainbow Rocks I'm excited on seeing what happens next with Sunset Shimmer and the gang, So I'm pumped for it! BRING ON HUMAN MANE 6!  :D 

Well, after some more research, I'm starting to believe that article has fooled us all with its very lousy wording, and the fact that it refers to the French products. -_-

Let me explain: there was always something strange in the way EqA is described, "Hasbro prévoit de développer l’univers du 1er film via une nouvelle série animée qui devrait s’intituler Equestria Academy, l’école de tous les succès"; why do they specify that they are going to expand the universe of the 1st movie? Shouldn't it expand both movies?

Then it hit me: Rainbow Rocks (dub) hasn't been announced in France yet, not even a trailer has been shown, and at the time not even the Shorts were available.
How could they possibly announce a new series this month, when Rainbow Rocks hasn't been presented yet? Wouldn't it make more sense to present RR itself?
Maybe when the author wrote "expands the first movie", which we all assumed referred to a spin-off, he actually meant "sequel to the first movie", and it's defined as series because it includes the RR Shorts, which hadn't been released yet at the time.

This is the picture containing the EqA teaser:

Kazachok2014-hasbro-MLP-18-600x925.jpg

kazachok2014-hasbro-mlp-19.jpg

Not only it is a Rainbow Rocks poster, it even has the French RR release date on the top right corner, which says it's coming in March [2015], with both a TV and Digital release, which is exactly what the EqA teaser on the bottom right indicates.
(or maybe "Dès Mars" is "since March [2014]", because that's when the Shorts started coming)

Why "Equestria Academy" though? Well, as I've found out by surfing that very website, it seems the MLP toylines are being renamed in weird ways in France, the article itself calls the Rainbow Power set "Rainbow Color" for example.
Since Rainbow Rocks is about music and bands in a school, it's not a huge stretch to rename it "Academy", as in a Music Academy.

So this is what I'm afraid will happen: at the end of this month, they are going to advertise the French release of Rainbow Rocks at Kidexpo.
That's all there is to it.

Edited by ilcane87
  • Brohoof 1

yay :D

to be honest the idea of another cartoon featuring the adorable personalities and shenanigans of the mane six is welcomed news for me!

Also I'm kind of hoping that they use this show for the "slice of life" story lines and make the original my little pony more fantasy based as a result. I'd love to see more world building and dark adventures.

• Brohoof 4

Well, after some more research, I'm starting to believe that article has fooled us all with its very lousy wording, and the fact that it refers to the French products. -_-

Let me explain: there was always something strange in the way EqA is described, "Hasbro prévoit de développer l’univers du 1er film via une nouvelle série animée qui devrait s’intituler Equestria Academy, l’école de tous les succès"; why do they specify that they are going to expand the universe of the 1st movie? Shouldn't it expand both movies?

Then it hit me: Rainbow Rocks (dub) hasn't been announced in France yet, not even a trailer has been shown, and at the time not even the Shorts were available.

How could they possibly announce a new series this month, when Rainbow Rocks hasn't been presented yet? Wouldn't it make more sense to present RR itself?

Maybe when the author wrote "expands the first movie", which we all assumed referred to a spin-off, he actually meant "sequel to the first movie", and it's defined as series because it includes the RR Shorts, which hadn't been released yet at the time.

Kazachok2014-hasbro-MLP-18-600x925.jpg

kazachok2014-hasbro-mlp-19.jpg

Not only it is a Rainbow Rocks poster, it even has the French RR release date on the top right corner, which says it's coming in March [2015], with both a TV and Digital release, which is exactly what the EqA teaser on the bottom right indicates.

(or maybe "Dès Mars" is "since March [2014]", because that's when the Shorts started coming)

Why "Equestria Academy" though? Well, as I've found out by surfing that very website, it seems the MLP toylines are being renamed in weird ways in France, the article itself calls the Rainbow Power set "Rainbow Color" for example.

Since Rainbow Rocks is about music and bands in a school, it's not a huge stretch to rename it "Academy", as in a Music Academy.

So this is what I'm afraid will happen: at the end of this month, they are going to advertise the French release of Rainbow Rocks at Kidexpo.

Is there a resident French brony who could give some input on this, by any chances?

Especially ragarding what exactly has been released/announced so far, about Rainbow Rocks (French dub).

Edited by ilcane87

img-3137978-1-Kazachok2014-hasbro-MLP-18

img-3137978-2-kazachok2014-hasbro-mlp-19

I see. You make a really good point. Although I would still love to see an Equestria Girls Side Series. I think it could be a cool idea :)

yay :D

to be honest the idea of another cartoon featuring the adorable personalities and shenanigans of the mane six is welcomed news for me!

Also I'm kind of hoping that they use this show for the "slice of life" story lines and make the original my little pony more fantasy based as a result. I'd love to see more world building and dark adventures.

Judging by the teaser they showed this year SDCC, FiM might be heading that way, so, they'll use EA it fill the well known slice of life elements that FiM is well known for
  • Brohoof 1

Judging by the teaser they showed this year SDCC, FiM might be heading that way, so, they'll use EA it fill the well known slice of life elements that FiM is well known for

I have no seen the teaser so I wouldn't know...though I am pleased to hear this. I think it would be a smart move by hasbro is it went that way.

As long as they don't mess with FiM and they give me Rarity, I'm fine with it :)

Well, if all goes well, you'll have twice as much Rarity, only that one of them has two legs instead of four XD
  • Brohoof 1

Considering the lack of other evidence, you make a persuasive point. As much as I would like to think your concern in unjustified, you may be right here.

This is what a French user replied to my theory on another forum:

"The first and most influential French music talent show around here is called "Star Academy" (and "Anything Academy" makes us think of it before anything else), so yeah, this sounds exactly like what Rainbow Rocks would be translated to."

Unfortunately, I might be right on this one; hopefully there's much more EqG content on the way regardless.

• Brohoof 2

Even though I wasn't really a fan of EG, I'd love to see a Equestria Girls spinoff series as long is it doesn't interfere with the original. Although I hope its not secretly fake like everyone is theorizing...  :confused:

And I still think the human versions should have had normal names...

I have been pretty suspicious of it from the start.

I hadn't really been following so I thought we must have gotten more info since then, but if it's still just the French thing I'm real skeptical then.

It especially doesn't make sense that an American company making a show that is written in English, would announce something this major in a non-English speaking market first.

• Brohoof 1

There was a teaser for Equestria Academy? Like for the side series at SDCC?? :D

*flutter yay*

There was a teaser for Equestria Academy? Like for the side series at SDCC?? :D

*flutter yay*

sorry if I didn't made myself clear, the teaser at SDCC showed a teaser of season 5 of FiM, but it looked like FiM would tone down it slice of life elements in favor to more adventure, so that means they'll could use Equestria Academy to fill the slice of life FiM might lose 

• Brohoof 2