Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

sorry if I didn't made myself clear, the teaser at SDCC showed a teaser of season 5 of FiM, but it looked like FiM would tone down it slice of life elements in favor to more adventure, so that means they'll could use Equestria Academy to fill the slice of life FiM might lose 

I'm all for this right here. I love when MLP does adventure, even more so than slice of life. But I don't want to get rid of slice of life completely, so that would be a good work around.

sorry if I didn't made myself clear, the teaser at SDCC showed a teaser of season 5 of FiM, but it looked like FiM would tone down it slice of life elements in favor to more adventure, so that means they'll could use Equestria Academy to fill the slice of life FiM might lose 

Oh right! I remember it. And you make a really good point there ^^

It would be a wonderful expansion to the MLP Universe :D

Yes! More Sunset! But I would rather have season five start soon. :(

I doubt this is hindering the production speed of Season 5. If it was, I'd be really surprised.

I would have preferred a Power Ponies spinoff, but oh well. At least FiM didn't pull a Family Guy and send a character on a bus to have their own side series completely separate, and never to be seen again in the main canon. Yeah, I think by comparison, EA is an acceptable idea for a spinoff. Besides, it's not like I didn't see that one coming. The possibility crossed my mind as soon as I saw the first film. If Hasbro wants to create another Pony Tales, but with a little fantasy in it, and with actual humans(or at least Doug rejects who resemble humans), and have the main series focus more on action and comedy, then so be it. I would be surprised if EA continues on as long as the main show anyways. It's probably just a temporary ride that'll last a few seasons, but we'll find out just what kind of effect it'll have on the main series.

Howdy all!

New York Comic Con is this comming weekend with Hasbro & IDW having a panel so we'll see if theres more info on EQA or a EQG 3. (S5 Premere Date perhaps? ;) ) Its any pony's guess.

After seeing rainbow rocks, I am okay with a Equestria girls TV show. Excited in fact, but I am also a bit concerned for the future of MLP as well. I don't want it to turn out like its previous relatives, but I think that it will be fine. After all, these are the same people that brought us the show we all love so much.

As long as Sunset Shimmer gets more screentime I'm in! Honestly, she is really cool! Maybe she will be put into the FiM? That would be cool.

I brohoof you for thinking Sunset Shimmer is cool!

• Brohoof 1

After seeing rainbow rocks, I am okay with a Equestria girls TV show. Excited in fact, but I am also a bit concerned for the future of MLP as well. I don't want it to turn out like its previous relatives, but I think that it will be fine. After all, these are the same people that brought us the show we all love so much.

I brohoof you for thinking Sunset Shimmer is cool!

I brohoof you for brohoofing him for thinking Sunset Shimmer is cool. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

New York Comic Con is this comming weekend with Hasbro & IDW having a panel so we'll see if theres more info on EQA or a EQG 3. (S5 Premere Date perhaps? ;) ) Its any pony's guess.

They dodged all the season 5 question and no mention of a side series. Starting to look like it's a mistranslation.

They dodged all the season 5 question and no mention of a side series. Starting to look like it's a mistranslation.

OR it could be all part of their elaborate schemes  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 3

Seeing that ending from Rainbow Rocks.... OUT OF WORDS!!!!

im so ready for a EqG spinoff if it involves human twilight, she is just... so... ugh, cant even exlpain XD

I LOVE IT :D

Edited by Kaneki

Only 13 days till the USA release of RR on bluray/DVD. Waiting is hard.

I'd totally watch a TV series based on EG.

But wait, what would become of the yearly MLP movies, you may ask?

If I get my wish, new mlp movies would be based on Daring Do's earlier novels.

I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of FiM, which it shouldn't if I'm reading the article correctly since a different company is licensed to make it... But wouldn't that mean they'd have to use Twilight's human counterpart instead of her herself, since she obviously would be in the Equestrian dimension?

Meaning, either they'd have to break canon and make pony Twilight leave Equestria for good, or they'd have to bring in the human counterpart that has no clue about anything that's gone on so far and would be incredibly awkward.

I'd be fine with this as long as it doesn't interfere with Friendship is Magic. 

^These.

As long as it doesn't cause the FiM production schedule any issues, I'm all for it! Excited about it, even!

I'd rather EG just sticks to being a movie thing. I enjoyed the movies but as a series I don't think it would do well and would probably not watch. Since it is part of the pony franchise though, I figure that Hasbro might consider the failure of EQA to be a failure on the series as a whole and pull the plug on all of FiM. This would be very sad.

However if it only lasts a season and FiM continues properly, then I'd be fine with it.

Sunset should be the main character if they do end up doing it. Although I hope they don't.

Why am I getting the suspicion that people in this thread are only reading the OP before posting?

I missed reading a couple pages, but recall a theory about the rainbow rocks movie being renamed to equestria academy, for it's release in Germany, and how it could be that there aren't plans for a series, just that something got lost in translation.

Has it been confirmed that there will be no equestria girls series?

I missed reading a couple pages, but recall a theory about the rainbow rocks movie being renamed to equestria academy, for it's release in Germany, and how it could be that there aren't plans for a series, just that something got lost in translation.

No official confirmation, but many months have passed, and we haven't gotten any news whatsoever about it beyond those badly translated press releases.

So it's looking more and more like this was just a whole lot of nothing.

I guess as long as it doesn't screw up MLPFIM, I'm fine. I wonder what it would be about though? FIM is about friendship. What would EG be about? :huh:  Hopefully more than just "high school" or "high school drama :pout: ."

If it came out, I'd give it a shot, but for now:

not-sure-if-gusta-face.png

One of my expectations for the EA series will be FIM recycled plots converted for EA.

I wouldn't mind seeing some parallels, every so often, if Sunset Shimmer assumes Twilight's role in the EG series. If done right, could be an interesting take, and not have exactly the same outcome, or, could take a different path to achieve a similar outcome.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it's highly likely that it's just the Equestria Girls series of shorts are getting renamed Equestria Academy in France's localization. Apparently they do things like that, like Rainbow Power was apparently renamed Rainbow Color there.

• Brohoof 1