• Carpooling/General Passenger
    • Bicycle/Alt
    • Walking
  3. 3. Age Group

• Under 16
    • 16-25
    • 26-35
    • 36+

Just as the title says, "Do you like driving?" I absolutely love driving! I'll drive every chance I get now that I got my permit. :D Are you comfortable driving? I am very comfortable when I drive, it's like a second nature to me. :P

• Brohoof 5

When I lived near the highway, driving was fun. Speed limit 60. Wind in your face. Excitement.

But now I live in the city, speed limit 25. Not quite as exciting, if at all.

(edited)

Yeah, I enjoy it. I find the focus I have while driving relaxing. Whenever I feel extremely stressed, a drive around town always calms me down.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

I used to. Unfortunately I've had one too many occasions where my car just broke down in the middle of the road, so now I'm hesitant. Even more so now that I live in New York City, where parking doesn't exist and every other driver is a lunatic.

Well, I've only driven a few times(still only got my permit. >_> )

So I can't really make an opinion.

Eventually it just becomes another means of transportation. At first I was pretty eager to want to drive, but eventually I lost that feeling of excitement. I don't care if I get to drive or not anymore (unless I'm on the freeway!).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No! I won't ever be able to drive (for medical reasons), but even if I could, I would be scared too death. I know this because before my medical issues, I took Driver's Ed in hope of getting me to drive. The rules were numerous (I wouldn't have any clue what to do on public roads lol), and the driving part showed that technically I'm not the best candidate for driving. So I became scared and said "Eh. I'll do it later." Driving was never the most exciting idea for me, I'd much rather have had a bassoon than a car.

And that's exactly what happened. Not but a year later, before the thought could enter my mind again, I would never be able to drive.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 3

I love driving, when driving I just feel great. It's my favorite activity. I always keep the car clean and when I'm cruising I'm in my prime. So yeah, it's one of the things I enjoy in life. I feel very comfortable driving. Love everything about driving, it's a lot of fun.

• Brohoof 1

I love driving. The inside of my car is an awesome personal zone. I do vocal warmups, I sing, I play music really loudly, I brainstorm story ideas, I speak character lines out loud, I do all the things which would make me look batshit insane in any other context.

And I, uh, concentrate on the road. Yeah. (No, I really do. I'm a reasonably safe driver, promise.)

Where I live though, if you don't drive, you're basically stuffed. Public transport is okay, but it needs expanding desperately. Busses don't come often enough and the train lines don't service enough areas. That's the problem with living in a low-density city which keeps sprawling out rather than building up.

• Brohoof 2

I actually really like driving, mostly depends on where to and who with though. I don't really like people trying to talk to me when I'm driving, it just feels too distracting. Honestly the main reason I go out isn't the driving it's the whole having to do stuff otherwise part.  

Only when I was temporarily living in the US, but here in Venezuela, I'm scared. People drive like monkeys, and let's not get started with the bikers  >_>

• Brohoof 1

Operating a motor vehicle in and of itself is inherintly fun, but I hate driving day to day because I'm very uncomfortable navigating all the rules of the road with all the dangerous, impatient drivers and pedestrians that just step off in front of cars without looking, etc.

• Brohoof 2

In general I dislike automobiles, much less driving them. No joke, a couple months before I became a brony, I was thinking to myself, "I'd much rather ride a horse or mule to where I need to go". 

I don't usually like or dislike driving. I hate commuting in business traffic or driving down town and finding parking. I recently learned to drive stick though and I feel like once i get the hang of i it will be fun, as it's a lot more interactive/satisfying.

Not really. I haven't driven for very long since I always depended on other people to take me places. Only time I drive is when I have to head to work or get something elsewhere. I look at it as a chore as I hate having to deal with traffic and such.

(edited)

No, when I first started driving I was terrified because I nearly got into an accident 2 or 3 times while learning.

I'm not nearly as anxious as I once was, but the trauma has generally made me a more nervous driver.

I get this feeling of uneasiness when a large vehicle drives directly next to me, sorta like "driving claustrophobia". I don't like any cars getting in my "space" while my car is in motion. Other than that though, today I'm usually quite relaxed while driving. I can get anxious if I have to drive somewhere confusing/somewhere i've never driven there before.

Examples: There's this relatively narrow road with traffic going in opposite directions, and only a single painted line separates the two sides of the road. I hate that road, it makes me feel so uneasy being so close to oncoming traffic, but I have to use everyday to get to school.

Then there's this intersection with double turning lanes that I almost got hit at once. I still go out of my way to avoid it, cause fuck that intersection.

Another thing, I avoid driving during high traffic times. My classes start at 9:30 or 11:00 usually, so i avoid early morning traffic. My classes get out around 3, which is also a low traffic time. Heavy traffic makes me anxious.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1