Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Box of Twilight - a strange pony dream I had.

Justin_Case001

(edited)

So I had this strange dream last night.  In my dream, I was Twilight.  I was in Equestria, i.e. everything was animated.  I was tasked with an important mission by Celestia.  She gave me a small, wooden box, about the size of a tissue box.  She said that the box was the single most important thing in the world.  She told me that I had to personally deliver the box to the Crystal Empire, where it would be safely stored beneath the city.  The catch: I had to walk there, for some unknown reason.  Celestia told me to never open the box.  She told me I must defend the box with my life.  She told me that I would face many enemies who would try to take the box.  She told me that if my friends were to see the box, even they might try to take it.  She told me to trust only myself.

I began the long journey.  For weeks I walked.  I walked until my hooves were aching and brittle.  As my journey neared its end, I had to cross a massive mountain range.  I climbed for days.  I reached the treeline, entering an epic landscape of craggy rocks and cliffs.  I reached the top.  Ahead of me, coming up the other side of the mountain, I saw the changeling Queen, Chrysalis, and her minions.  I knew they would inevitably find me.  There was nowhere to hide.  I was too weak and tired to fight.  I knew my magic wouldn't stand a chance against the Queen's.  I panicked.  I teleported to a nearby cleft in the rocks, out of sight.  I hid the box.  I teleported back and stood my ground, waiting for the Queen's approach.  I had no idea what I would do.  I just let it play out.  The Queen and her minions surrounded me.  I waited, heart pounding.  Did they know about the box?  Did they know I would be here?

"SEIZE HER!" the Chrysalis roared, her voice echoing across the mountains.  Her minions closed in with lightning speed and grabbed me.  I was knocked unconscious. 

When I came to, I was chained up in the middle of their camp, at the summit of the mountain.  I was chained up like Kratos in the opening of God of War Ascension.  (see attached picture.)  The chains were being held in place by magical bonds, maintained by the Chrysalis.  I tried to use my magic to break free, but the massive shackle holding my neck down was somehow affecting my horn, inhibiting my magic.  The Queen strode forward, and pulled out the box.

"You thought you could keep this a secret?" she laughed, her voice dripping with venom, "You honestly thought we didn't know about Celestia's precious box?"

I struggled.  The metal rubbed my neck raw.  My muscled burned from being held in this awkward, agonizing position.

"Now," the Queen purred, "let's us see what Celestia so desperately wants to keep hidden."

She raised the box above her head.  I pulled futiely against the chains with all my might.  Chrysalis threw the box against the ground with a vicious scream.  The box shattered.  We all stared in disbelief.

The box was empty.

And then I woke up.

Wild stuff, huh?  I interpret it as simply a combination of a bunch of stuff that I like.  MLP + a little LOTR + The Book of Eli + God of War.  Why the box was empty, I don't know.  Not sure why Celestia would do that.  What could that mean?  Now, I don't place any stock in dream interpretation, but hypothetically, I wonder why Celestia would have given me an empty box.  There was probably something in it that I just couldn't see or comprehend.  You know, like the box was filled with love or hate or something.  I think the reason my brain actually conjured up the box is that it was suppose to be Pandora's empty box at the end of God of War III.  Anyway, entertaining stuff.

Here's the way I was chained up:

post-26336-0-06199300-1399097625_thumb.jpg

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4

It sounds like Celestia totally set you up!  Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie (perhaps the least likely pony to be trusted with an important something lol) had the real deal.  All kidding aside...  Wow.  My dreams don't have continuity / followable plots like that.  And this was well-written and compelling.

• Brohoof 1

This is very similar to Patrick's box... Was there a string that she didn't pull?  :P

Ohhh yeah!  I saw that years and years ago and forgot all about it!  Maybe that was buried in my subconsious and manifested in the dream.