Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

From the song "shake your tail", why is it a trend for girls to shake their hips

HorsesandMOARGaloar

It's one of the more natural dance moves in any persons arsenal, male or female, because it's easy to do to a rhythm and it looks good. But because of certain features of female physiology, it looks even better on them. Ahem.

• Brohoof 6

Haven't you EVER shook your hips while wearing a pleated skirt? It's probably one of the most magical feelings ever  :D

I think most men can't say that they have. :muffins:

I can but I'm not most men.

• Brohoof 3

The physical action of moving ones hips is of Rythem but also for a more animalistic reason. It draws attention to the rear and hips region of the figure, ie the points of the body that support extra weight (fat, showing ease of hunting, ie food source) and the part of the figure that bares the most burden when carrying young, ie pregnance.

These two areas are often found attractive if large, as mentioned above this shows a skill at hunting or an abudance of food. These skills and factors result in the safety of finding a home to secure breeding and then territory to raise a pack/herd/clan/flight/family.

The animal traits of humanity (despite modern media telling you how to look and forcing you into size 0 jeans) are in full force her, many of our dance moves (females) show off these exact features in order to attract a mate. We of course, are so "modern" we call it doing thinks like "work in baby" or "twerking cause im to hot to not!". Modern society really is just repeating natures breeding dances.

On the male side, the action of moving ones hips show off the suppourt of the entire upper body. Since the male figure is heavier by nature on the top half, the walls of fat and muscle forming a barrier to protect its said bred female from hunters or against other rival males, allow the female who watchs the dance to see how well the male is able to protect her and provide food, shelter, and care for her and the coming young. There is also measures of sexual attraction for BOTH sexs but this isnt the forum to get into detail of that.

Long story short, its our nature to attract others in hopes of breeding. Children are not doing these, they are just mimicing adults, which is a good action as they will be able to attract a male or female later when mature by knowing such things....

OH F-ING WAIT! THIS IS 2014 AND WE AS A CULTURE ARE SO MINDLESS AND DRONED WE DON'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE THINGS...

So  nevermind, soccer mom it up and call it bad :hand waves:

• Brohoof 4

Well you see in 1959, Hank Ballard and the Midnighters released "The Twist" as a b-side. In 1960, Chubby Checker covered the song and made it a number one hit single.

Everything sort of went downhill from there...

It's one of the more natural dance moves in any persons arsenal, male or female, because it's easy to do to a rhythm and it looks good. But because of certain features of female physiology, it looks even better on them. Ahem.

Now, now. Give men some credit. Some can do it better than the ladies.  :fiery:

(edited)

Wait, we girls are supposed shake our hips? That explains the dirty looks....

But seriously I think the shaking hips thing is a natural thing. I've never tried that. I do my own thing. And shake my hips...on occasion.

Edited by Star Ruby

I think of it as a way to keep the rhythm consistent when a person is dancing, besides its natural for girls to shape their hips.

Um, I'm not 100% sure. I think it's supposed to be "sexy" or something along the lines.

I'm not a girl, so I can't say for sure. xD

• 1 month later...

The physical action of moving ones hips is of Rythem but also for a more animalistic reason. It draws attention to the rear and hips region of the figure, ie the points of the body that support extra weight (fat, showing ease of hunting, ie food source) and the part of the figure that bares the most burden when carrying young, ie pregnance.

These two areas are often found attractive if large, as mentioned above this shows a skill at hunting or an abudance of food. These skills and factors result in the safety of finding a home to secure breeding and then territory to raise a pack/herd/clan/flight/family.

The animal traits of humanity (despite modern media telling you how to look and forcing you into size 0 jeans) are in full force her, many of our dance moves (females) show off these exact features in order to attract a mate. We of course, are so "modern" we call it doing thinks like "work in baby" or "twerking cause im to hot to not!". Modern society really is just repeating natures breeding dances.

On the male side, the action of moving ones hips show off the suppourt of the entire upper body. Since the male figure is heavier by nature on the top half, the walls of fat and muscle forming a barrier to protect its said bred female from hunters or against other rival males, allow the female who watchs the dance to see how well the male is able to protect her and provide food, shelter, and care for her and the coming young. There is also measures of sexual attraction for BOTH sexs but this isnt the forum to get into detail of that.

Long story short, its our nature to attract others in hopes of breeding. Children are not doing these, they are just mimicing adults, which is a good action as they will be able to attract a male or female later when mature by knowing such things....

OH F-ING WAIT! THIS IS 2014 AND WE AS A CULTURE ARE SO MINDLESS AND DRONED WE DON'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE THINGS...

So  nevermind, soccer mom it up and call it bad :hand waves:

^These.

Secretly we are all animals....(Kidding, of course. In case anyone took that seriously.)