Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mens Fashion Discussion

Carbon Maestro

(edited)

What do you think looks good fashion-wise?

Is it strange to talk about this? I hope it's not, given the amount of underdressed men out there.

I'm going to discuss what I wear for Casual, Business Casual, and Formal clothes.

I'm not really a T-Shirt, Polo, or a V-neck person, but I do wear Henleys.

I personally wear solid color Henleys, no logos because then it looks bad. I think it looks great after hitting the gym (which I do very often)

img-2616268-1-wordy.jpg

Yes it's for looks and I like it (That's not me though)

Polos belong to the more business casual or golfers, and I don't really wear these at all.

Actually now when I think about it all I have are Henleys.

For business casual I wear button-down collarless shirts. There's the long sleeve stuff for interviews but there's also the 3/4 sleeves that I wear like these just for everyday use:

img-2616268-2-cz38-ivory-180.jpg

I find this Korean website to always carry the clothes that I enjoy http://www.theleesshop.com/index.php, just be sure measure yourself before buying :)

And for formalwear I just think that TheLeesShop formalwear is awesome:

img-2616268-3-t-njk-navy-500-1.jpg

Heck yeah! I don't know if this warrants enough of a discussion, but as you can tell I do like the slimwear casual, business casual, and formal-wear. Weird enough, I like shopping at places like H&M for the cheap casual Henleys or the occasional online purchase at that Korean store for the mid-upper formal tier clothes.

Like the spirit of Rarity, I'm interested to see what clothes do you think looks good. Discuss.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 10

Protip for the straight guys looking at this - a basic understanding of fashion makes you at least twenty times hotter. Nice properly fitted clothing is sexy no matter the gender, and if you don't believe me because "lol fashion is gay hurr hurr", then if your appearance doesn't deter the ladies, your bigoted masculinity-obsessed attitude will be sure to

• Brohoof 25

Protip for the straight guys looking at this - a basic understanding of fashion makes you at least twenty times hotter. Nice properly fitted clothing is sexy no matter the gender, and if you don't believe me because "lol fashion is gay hurr hurr", then if your appearance doesn't deter the ladies, your bigoted masculinity-obsessed attitude will be sure to

I somehow doubt that many males on this site will have "masculinity-obsessed attitude"s :P

But yeah, never underestimate how important the fit of your clothing is when attempting to look good. Unfortunately, your quest for decent clothing will cost you $$$ but it's arguably worth it.

• Brohoof 8

Tracksuit Tracksuit Tracksuit

I'll make a serious post later  (But I do have tracksuit )

oVHdErk.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Nice properly fitted clothing is sexy no matter the gender

YES! Because I'm bothered by the amount of men who don't FIT THEIR CLOTHES!!!! Here's a good example of what it looks like when your clothes don't fit vs clothes that do.

tombolini.jpg

If getting a suit, go to a tailor, and custom-fit that thing. It's totally worth it for those formal occasions.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 9

YES! Because I'm bothered by the amount of men who don't FIT THEIR CLOTHES!!!! Here's a good example of what it looks like when your clothes don't fit vs clothes that do.

tombolini.jpg

If getting a suit, go to a tailor, and custom-fit that thing. It's totally worth it for those formal occasions.

It all depends on what you aim to achieve by wearing those clothes imo. For day wear and gym wear I don't really care about fit, it just has to look and feel nice; when I dress to impress (i.e. going to a nightclub or w/e) the fit matters a lot, however.

I somehow doubt that many males on this site will have "masculinity-obsessed attitude"s :P

But yeah, never underestimate how important the fit of your clothing is when attempting to look good. Unfortunately, your quest for decent clothing will cost you $$$ but it's arguably worth it.

I'd certainly assume so, though you'd be amazed by the number of people i've heard claim that bronies are obsessed with being seen as manly (don't try to make sense of it)

Also, never underestimate the power of a good deal my friend

As a Texan, the majority of our more high-class every day wear is dominated by stuff that you'd wear to a rodeo. It's awful looking. 

I usually like to create my own style by wearing 3/4 sleeve shirts underneath my usual shirts :D

New-unisex-Womens-mens-3-4-sleeve-raglan

I usually wear them under shirts like this:

Hollister%20Solimar%20T-Shirts%20Orange.

As for formal wear, Stafford is the way to go in this area of limited fashion options.

1000x1000.jpg

I get creative with them, and I can make it either casualwear or formalwear :D They work excellently :D It isn't hard to wear them in a multitude of ways, and you can stylize them in a multitude of ways with the correct accessories; mine being my class ring, my glasses resting atop of my head, and my Rarity dog tag necklace. 

I have a limited amount of options where I live -_- I do the best I can with what I can get.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
For day wear and gym wear I don't really care about fit, it just has to look and feel nice; when I dress to impress (i.e. going to a nightclub or w/e) the fit matters a lot,

Actually, I think fit matters in everyday activities, especially for casual stuff where people see you around and nod their heads in approval of your arms. People are more comfortable talking to you (it's weird, but it does happen)

The occasional button-down on a random day doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm a lazy bum and wear t-shirts and jeans (specifically Lee Dungarees) 99% of the time. Although most the time I'm just sitting around the house or outside doing something from yard work to tearing a Jeep apart. So I don't really have a need to play dress-up.

I do enjoy polo shirts though, but I still only ever wear jeans on the rare occasion I toss one on. My reason I don't wear them more often is that I loathe ones with pockets and logos. The pockets feel too low to me, and embroidered logos of a donkey or something is off-putting.

I hate formal wear with a passion. It just bothers me. I also get hot easy most the time, and being hot tends to make me feel sick. So unless it's winter I stay away from long sleeves, thick material, and material that can make you sweat like a dog.

My main problem is my size. I'm short and slim. I'm meant to be alive during WW2/Vietnam, because clothes from that era are more my size. I have a small sized WW2 officer's coat that fits great, and I've managed to acquire several Vietnam M65 jackets that fit well (one is a small and the other an x-small believe it or not). Modern stuff just doesn't fit me well, especially when it comes to jackets, coats, and dress clothes.

No matter what though, the cowboy boots don't come off. I can't stand wearing anything else. Tennis shoes, dress shoes, even Converse's anymore (which I practically grew up in) just kill my feet no matter what kind of insole I stick in them.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

What do you think looks good fashion-wise?

Is it strange to talk about this? I hope it's not, given the amount of underdressed men out there.

I'm going to discuss what I wear for Casual, Business Casual, and Formal clothes.

I'm not really a T-Shirt, Polo, or a V-neck person, but I do wear Henleys.

I personally wear solid color Henleys, no logos because then it looks bad. I think it looks great after hitting the gym (which I do very often)

img-2616268-1-wordy.jpg

Yes it's for looks and I like it (That's not me though)

Polos belong to the more business casual or golfers, and I don't really wear these at all.

Actually now when I think about it all I have are Henleys.

For business casual I wear button-down collarless shirts. There's the long sleeve stuff for interviews but there's also the 3/4 sleeves that I wear like these just for everyday use:

img-2616268-2-cz38-ivory-180.jpg

I find this Korean website to always carry the clothes that I enjoy http://www.theleesshop.com/index.php, just be sure measure yourself before buying :)

And for formalwear I just think that TheLeesShop formalwear is awesome:

img-2616268-3-t-njk-navy-500-1.jpg

Heck yeah! I don't know if this warrants enough of a discussion, but as you can tell I do like the slimwear casual, business casual, and formal-wear. Weird enough, I like shopping at places like H&M for the cheap casual Henleys or the occasional online purchase at that Korean store for the mid-upper formal tier clothes.

Like the spirit of Rarity, I'm interested to see what clothes do you think looks good. Discuss.

Personally, I like to go for Gender Neutral things, including types of clothing or even colors. Though there is some indication of what they were meant to be, I like to just kinda be neither, if this makes any sense.

• Brohoof 1

Having a style is a pain in the ass, when everything that could possiably fit me, is made by morons. Its like every big person, is 5'0" or some crap. Anything that's long enough for someone over 6ft, is expensive as hell.

• Brohoof 1

What do people think of Wife Beaters btw? I like both like the look and have one but am unsure whether I am muscular enough for it to look good or not :S

Wife beaters should be locked away in jail... oh? What's that? You're talking about tank tops? I think they look trashy. They're meant as undershirts, or maybe while outside doing yard work and you want to get rid of sleeve tan lines. That's my opinion anyways.

Luckily I have some fashion sense when it comes to clothes, I like looking around the store for them.

Unlike my dad, that had a not so good sense of fashion, as my mom stated.

Don't have a lot right now, gotta go summer clothes shopping!

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

(edited)

I like to dress fashionably enough: I’m not an expert but I like to make some effort. I refuse to wear sporting brands like Nike or Addidas or any of those unless I’m taking part in a sports team which I don’t and aren’t likely to.

My outfits are like….

·       Converse shoes in the classic shape

·       Jeans

·       T-shirts with prints on them: such as NYC or Scootaloo or something. Nothing that’s baggy but more of a tight fit

·       Socks are all the same

·       Boxers

·       Similar jumper/fleece rules to the T-shirts

·       Big framed glasses

·       Flat caps (no baseball caps or hipster hats)

And also long jackets but nothing leather I like smartish style jackets 

Here's a pic taken with my sister and parents: I'm the one in the hat :)

10339706_10101438161022559_1233381524228

Edited by Asherdangerdash

Something that I'd like to point out is that long sleeved button downs with the sleeves rolled up generally looks better than short sleeves.

Observe:

You could wear this, and you probably wouldn't look bad doing so,

2081894-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

but this looks quite a lot better, as far as I'm concerned

10645211.jpg

Granted, this is just my opinion, do whatever the hell you want. I just think it looks a lot better than short sleeves.

• Brohoof 2

When I'm in public, I wear a Polo shirt, blue jeans, and some sneakers. But, that's just me.

You should wear whatever you want, anything that gives you confidence.

To be honest I always wear the same clothing style no matter what. Always dark clothing usually a hoodie, if not always a hoodie and jeans. In my defense it's usually some popular brands but I don't think about it though.

My attire usually consists of a dark-colored well-fitting polo shirt, slightly baggy white cargo shorts, and a pair of Nike Comfort Slides, because it is the ultimate form of temperature control that can be worn all year.

A small part of me wishes I were a dude, because you guys always have great fashion options and your clothes can look hot as hell with a little bit of effort. I'm jelly. (Women's fashion is a giant hit-or-miss depending on the season.)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm a Nebraskan and I live out in the middle of nowhere so what I wear usually consists of blue jean, a t-shirt and an old dirty hat that I maybe should wash! :P

• Brohoof 2

A small part of me wishes I were a dude, because you guys always have great fashion options and your clothes can look hot as hell with a little bit of effort. I'm jelly. (Women's fashion is a giant hit-or-miss depending on the season.)

It's strange that you should say that as I love women's clothes haha ^.^ I really wish it was socially acceptable for non-Scottish men to wear dresses...ooh and nail polish and make up. Women's fashion is just so much better than men's!

• Brohoof 1