Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do You Think about these Racist MLP "Fans"

nami438

Oh man, even in this day and age, there are still those who judge a show based off the color of the skin like it's a big deal.

There is literally no reason to compare a skittle color show to ethnic groups. I think it's a bit farfetched to say a cartoon should be this, a cartoon should be that.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Except ponies like Sapphire Shores are also pretty ethnic.

Thanks for bringing her up. And she doesn't seem like an African from Africa like Zecora may be, she seems more like a black Canadian, a mix of African and European culture. It brings up the question of where this influence came from if all ponies must be European.

There are non-black people who sound like that, though.

Edited by nami438

As we in the veterans community put it, political correctness is a smiley face with a gun, but the contemporary PC movement is not about stereotype breaking roles, but rather drive a further wedge between ethnicities, and encourage discrimination or bigotry. It is not illegal to be racist, anyway to defeat racism is to battle it on a social level, rather than using government leverage to treat it like a crime, because if it were illegal most of the country would be imprisoned, and we are already an prison nation. I do wish people would just let this issue go, we can't do justice for the lives of the past, and seeking justice for something you had no part in is foolish, nevertheless racist is now an all purpose word, like fascist or communist, we call people those names because we don't like them, as a result we are dehumanizing each other, to where we see each other as pawns on a chessboard, moves and counter moves, black and white, for in Equestria Girls I don't see ethic titles, I see the human form of the ponies we have come to love, and no matter what pony they are they cooperate, and it was a union of trust and tranquillity instead of a shotgun marriage, so please bronies refrain from using your human whims in MLP, it is not the place to vent out bile and bombast, do not make it an issue here if you please.       

Regarding the live action commercial for Rainbow Rocks, I don't really care what ethnicity they are because it's just the commercials, it's not going to affect the movie or the show in any way.

I know people like to get hot headed over stuff like this.

• Brohoof 1

Is inserting a mixed race girl into a pastime only for white people just inserting them into everything even where they don't belong?

I'm just gonna ignore that one...

Anywho, also ignoring the Youtube comments, because taking them seriously is laughable, I don't think it matters too much what race they are.

• Brohoof 3

Well I for one think it's fair to have different colored people in commercials...so what, their different colored ponies...didn't know that the color of a little girl's skin mattered all of a sudden. :P

• Brohoof 4

I don't know, I could almost see Rarity as a younger Clair Huxtable type. Well mannered, intelligent, comfortable around celebrity, appreciative of finer things, and very opinionated at times.

I'm just gonna ignore that one...

Anywho, also ignoring the Youtube comments, because taking them seriously is laughable, I don't think it matters too much what race they are.

Yes, please do. It's no good when people try to hog stuff that's meant for anyone interested for themselves

Well the comments are from youtube, so there is not much to expect. Other than that it doesn't matter what colour they are; not to mention that it is just a commercial; some people are just blowing this straight out of proportion.

• Brohoof 1

XXX color?

Is there a reason why there's 3 x's?

It kind of worries me.

[EDIT]

faaack @pony12343 you split my comment in half

No reason, just happened to be 3 x's that time. I would do just one x, but that may be a bit confusing to read correctly in a non-math context, so I just push x til I feel like stopping.

Because humanized pony discussion is common

I was talking about artists who like to draw Humanized ponies =p

I don't these people deserve this kind of attention, I really don't think every instance of someone making an idiotic statement deserves to be a controversy especially because there are many cases where people deliberately try to be as inflammatory as possible just to get people riled up. It is hard to say if that is the case with these people but either way I really don't think they deserve any unwarranted attention.

• Brohoof 2

I don't these people deserve this kind of attention, I really don't think every instance of someone making an idiotic statement deserves to be a controversy especially because there are many cases where people deliberately try to be as inflammatory as possible just to get people riled up. It is hard to say if that is the case with these people but either way I really don't think they deserve any unwarranted attention.

Couldn't have said it better.

(edited)

Well some people get carried away and say all sorts of stupid things on the internet: I’ve certainly said a bunch of stuff I probably wouldn’t say in the outside world:

Obviously these comments in question were totally inappropriate, nobody should be insulted because of there ethnic background, and for a little commercial with some little girls to promote MLP it seems a bit cruel impo

I think the best thing to do is just ignore comments of people just posting mean or stupid stuff, it's not worth kicking a fuss over 

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 2

They shouldn't make a big deal out of a commercial like this, racist fans can spout as much nonsense as they want to but their statements will hold little to no substance because in reality it is about a cartoon. So much drama over one little thing.

• Brohoof 2

Racism is when someone does something offensive towards some race. I don't see anything as such in the comments you quoted. These are just people's preferences about how they imagine the Mane Six's skin colors as fitting the originals from the show.

Imagine a movie being made about Barrack Obama. You're making a casting for his role. And then some white guy comes in and wants to play Obama. Would you agree on that? I guess not, simply because he doesn't match the original Obama's skin color, and it would be weird for your viewers to see white Obama in your movie. So you say to him: "Sorry, dude, Obama is black, you're white, this doesn't add up to." Would you agree with him if he started yelling at you that this is racist and you're discriminating him by his skin color?

I just wanted to say that while I do see where you're coming from, I can't exactly say that this is the same way in MLP. The ponies don't really have established skin colors; you won't be able to find a purple person to be Twilight and a blue person to be Rainbow Dash. As for Rarity, she has a coat color and not a skin color, as she's just a pony. I mean, even someone with the palest skin probably isn't as white (color wise) as Rarity.

• Brohoof 4

They're ponies; they've got coat colors, sure, but they're orange and purple and pink and blue. Girls dressing up as their favorite ponies is so innocuous and yet people feel the need to make racist, insensitive comments about them. It's awful. Nothing much we can do about assholes on the internet, but it certainly isn't something anyone should tolerate or agree with.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Thanks for bringing her up. And she doesn't seem like an African from Africa like Zecora may be, she seems more like a black Canadian, a mix of African and European culture. It brings up the question of where this influence came from if all ponies must be European.

There are non-black people who sound like that, though.

I can relate to that. I'm Jamaican and half white so my skin came out with a natural tan. My voice doesn't sound like it came from any culture out there. Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, until you feel like stopping?

img-2626002-1-tumblr_mc0q70E7CY1rzhv5ho1

But back on topic, I don't necessarily see why people would make such comments. 

Maybe they're just speaking their mind (or they're just trolling?)

Rail stahp

Stahp please :blush:

• 3 months later...