Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

All right so recently, a thread was posted for the things you hate that everyone seems to love. Well now lets go the other way around with the things you love that everyone seems to hate.

Total Drama: It's more of a guilty pleasure for me. If you ignore all the puke and fart jokes, it can lampoon reality shows pretty clever and have funny parodies.

Chowder: It came out at the wrong time so everyone seemed to hated it because it's not as good as the classics. It's got really good 4th wall humor.

Wii/Wii U: I'm more casual so I'm gonna prefer more casual games. Plus I don't have a lot of money so the other consoles are gonna be expensive.

So post away!

• Brohoof 15

MLP FIM - I wouldn't say everyone else around my social life hates MLP, they just don't see it like i do and can't seem to understand or realize how much of a big fan I am

Soda at room temp - A perfect soda for me is at room temp, or slightly chilled after about 5mins of being in the fridge.

Rats - I LOVE my pet rats...but my sister and my nana, ok most of the women in my family, hate them, with the exception of my nieces. They see them as dirty filthy animals when my domesitcated well groomed rats are nothing of the sort. They are the most well behaved animals I've ever had!

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

MLP, to be honest. I know to many brony haters.

Agreed, but I'm gonna go further and say that I liked G3 and 3.5! So many bronies complain of hate and yet hate the earlier gens themselves!

Edited by Rarity Paige Belle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Problem Solverz- I thought it was stupid at first, but once I watched it, I kinda started to like it.

Johnny Test- What is with people with this show?! Sure,it's humor wasn't the best,but it had it's share of funny moments. And I also really loved the villains.

Prince Blueblood- Most people hate him for his attitude towards Rarity. But,I personally liked how he turned out completely different than what Rarity dreamed of. Although, his writing could've been better.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon- These are the classic schoolyard bullies, and although I hate bullies. I think there's more to them, then meets the eye.

Lego Hero Factory- I used to like this series. Hell, I have pretty much every set. (Yeah, I was a real fan.)

And that's pretty much it.

Edited by Panzysoldat

If it's video game related, and everyone hates it, I probably like it. The most common example is Sonic 06. Sure, it's broken and the loading times make you wanna kill someone but I thought a lot of the ideas that came out of it were amazing and it was, for all intents and purposes, the next Sonic Adventure game.

One of my favorite features in that game, which is actually one of the things people hate most about it, is the mach sections. I'm 99% certain that these evolved into the boost gameplay we know from the Sonic Unleashed era of games. So you can imagine that I also like the boost gameplay even though there's a LOT of people who hate that as well.

Come to think of it, people just seem to hate Sonic games these days, particularly in the 06/Unleashed era. Oh well. I will love all things Sonic until the day I die. *Looks at Knuckles plushie hanging a few feet away from my computer* :lol::wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Brink. As in, the game. I've never met anyone who thought it was good other than myself. I can't argue that it didn't have problems and wasn't missing some features, I guess I just liked it for what it was.

...I still play it sometimes. >.>

Edited by Panama
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think everyone here can say MLP FiM, but let's get past the obvious.

Sushi - I didn't want to try it at first because I was afraid of getting parasites, but now I like makimono rolls.

Fish - I especially love salmon. My mom and all of my friends hate it. My dad suffers migraines if he eats fish. My brothers like it, though.

Princess Twilight - I really do like Twilight being a princess.

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 5

Mario-my cousins don't like him but my friends kind of like him.

My little pony- people think bronies are gay.

Smosh- my friends think they are idiots and they suck etc...

Markiplier- My cousins hate him and think he lives with his parents.

Side-scrolling and platforming games- most (but not all) of my friends hate them

• Brohoof 3

Sushi - I didn't want to try it at first because I was afraid of getting parasites, but now I like makimono rolls.

I think that if so many people eat it regularly and don't get parasites (or very often, wouldn't know. Don't actually eat sushi myself cuz no monies) I'd think it's pretty safe overall. :P

Mario-my cousins don't like him but my friends kind of like him.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? Everyone loves Mario. There's a vocal minority of people who hate him but most everyone knows who he is and enjoys his games even when they aren't gamers at all.

• Brohoof 3

I think that if so many people eat it regularly and don't get parasites (or very often, wouldn't know. Don't actually eat sushi myself cuz no monies) I'd think it's pretty safe overall. :P

I'm kinda one of those people. I prefer Luigi over Mario.

Or,are you talking about the games?

I'm kinda one of those people. I prefer Luigi over Mario.

Or,are you talking about the games?

I thought we were talking about the franchise itself. As for the character, I don't particularly care for him as a character either. Even in a game where character dialog is important like Mario&Luigi and Paper Mario he has very little to say. Boring.

Alls I can say is that there's a reason Mario literally sells entire systems and remains one of the best selling franchises of all time. Mario is BIG. Has been for twenty-five years. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could just list a butt-ton of games, but I think I already elaborated on those, as for other things

The Wii

Equestria Girls

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace/Revenge of the Sith

Rugrats with Dil/Kimi

MGS2 Raiden

Squall Leonhart from FFVIII

and probably some other things I'm missing

EDIT: 

I Might as well add Call of Duty here. Hating CoD stopped being cool a long time ago

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

Monster fucking High, yo. <3

and Country and rap Music

I'm an incredible sucker for cheesy scenes:

The "I can fix that" montage from Holes comes to mind, or the "Not to a man like you" from Avengers.

And to this day, I have never met anyone else, who liked Anakin's little speech about sand.

Agreed, but I'm gonna go further and say that I liked G3 and 3.5!

Burn the Witch!

MLP FiM: Almost everyone I know IRL hates MLP, even family members (the very reason I can't tell my parents about being a brony :()

French delicacies: Back in the summer of 2012, my family and I went to Paris for a week. We were having dinner and we ordered some Frog's legs, just to give them a chance. Personally, I thought they tasted pretty good! But my parents and my older sister looked like they were gonna vomit XD

Battlefield 4: I just think it's an awesome multiplayer game. I haven't experienced any of the glitches/bugs everyone has been ranting about, so I really have nothing to complain about :)

Quantum of Solace, Diamonds are Forever and Moonraker: These James Bond films are looked down upon and are generally disliked by many. I on the other hand think they're very good Bond films.

Vampires Suck: I just like it because I hate the Twilight Saga with a passion, therefore I like seeing it being mocked in any way, shape or form.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Within my fairly tiny social circle, I'm the only one that's big into:

1. Mario and Nintendo in general (though I know there are plenty of ppl out there that love that pudgy, animal suit-wearing plumber as much as I - *brohoof* to everyone who does)

1b. I like Ice Climber, CluClu Land, and Wario's Woods.  AND I'm actually pretty good at them.  Most people on the NES Remix communities / classic game communities don't seem to care for them.

1c. Roguelikes (Shiren the Wanderer, PMD, Baroque), old school dungeon crawlers (Wizardry, Etrian Odyssey), and SHMUPS "bullet hell" or otherwise.  Maybe those apply.

2. H.P. Lovecraft; though my family / friends respect my GREAT admiration for the man's work (and clearly the guy has a devoted following elsewhere)

3. J.S. Bach (again, sure there are plenty Bach lovers out there...  though I haven't met any irl or within my wittle circle)

4. Anchovies and black licorice; not combined, though.  Confident that this one holds true even outside my circle lol.

5. MLP.  But not in just the "Brony" way.  Hint, hint.  Rainbow Dash is smexy.

6. Spiders?  I <3 spiders.  They aren't scary; they're awesome.

7. More a specific-to-my-gender thing: pastel pink and women's jewelry.  Also, do many guys read Cardcaptor Sakura or Sailor Moon manga??

8. Making long, convoluted, lists. :P

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 2

Nickleback. Everyone I know who is a musician, or is a serious music fan is appalled that I like Nickleback ... especially since most of them consider me to have pretty good taste (for a layperson is the unsaid thought)

The Star Wars prequels. They have a terrible reputation, but I thought they were quite nice, except for a few plot holes and Jar Jar.

Good one. I used to be the one that maligned them, but some things I hated are starting to grow on me over time. I was never one of those, "LUCAS RAPED MY CHILDHOOD." screamers though.

• Brohoof 3

Autumn/Winter/Cool and Cold Weather/Cloudy/Snowy weather, etc. - Practically everybody hates them because they're 'depressing'. I'm the opposite. Spring and Summer are depressing for me, and cloudy days make me feel better than sunny days.

Woodwind and Brass Instruments - Sure, not everybody hates them. But it seems like they're always seen to be at a lower level than other types of instruments.

Probably more along the lines of hated would be the double reeds, which especially bothers me. The bassoon is my main instrument, and the oboe is a very beautiful instrument even though everybody rags on it. Thankfully classical composers of all eras have been able to appreciate them.

Renaissance Music - Perhaps you don't see people constantly making a point of hating it, but I can not tell you how many faces of disgust or confusion I have gotten when I mention I enjoy it.

I think that's all I have for now, actually. lol

• Brohoof 3