Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

Haven't done this in a while.

Religion: Not so much I love it, in fact I don't care about it being agnostic. The thing is. the internet seems to have this massive hatred toward it. I don't love it, I just think it gets a bit too much flack mostly for the extremists. I'm one to not judge everyone in it by the extremists. It's the equivalent of an anti brony saying that all bronies are man children. I've met some very nice religious people. Most of my family is religious. Oh, and people seem to focus on the bad things religions have done and ignoring the good things they've done like donate to charity, give people life advice, and make some people have what they find a better life. 

The 2000s: This might be biased since I personally grew up in the 2000s but when people talk about this decade, they seem to look at it like every war happened at once. Plus, they only look at the bad things instead of the good stuff. Plus, they seem to only look at the later half or even this decade. Did they miss the early 2000s or something? I'm not saying the decade was perfect, but I hope they're not implying the 80s and 90s were perfect either. Every decade has their pros and cons.

• Brohoof 3

Reading, tough I'm just getting started with the books, my friends still annoy me cuz "heck, it's 2014, nobody reads anymore"

Retro things: I love retro music, retro games, retro clothes, retro everything, but most people I know says that it's stupid and I should update myself

Cartoon Network. A lot of people despise modern CN shows saying they are bad and the older shows were great. I think it's because they wear nostalgia goggles or they outgrow cartoons. Cartoon Network isn't bad nowadays. They have some crappy shows from time to time but for the most part they put out gems. And yes Adventure Time is a good show. I feel like the negative things people say about Cartoon Network applies more to Nickelodeon instead.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So many things. >.>' 

But there's one in particular that came to my mind... 

There's this ride in Disney's Epcot theme park (in Florida) called Journey into the Imagination with Figment. And I LOVE it. Sure, it's dorky, but it's cute and fun. 

I've met only one person who doesn't hate that ride. Everyone else I know thinks it's incredibly stupid. And the line for it's always super short 'cause no one likes it. 

Except me. But hey, shorter wait time, that's a good thing.  :P

- The finale of How I Met your Mother. If you think what happened in that episode doesn't make sense then you didn't pay attention to the story.

- Nintendo.

- Rebecca Black, i don't "love" her, but her songs aren't that bad and she has improved her singing a lot.

- Frozen, i know it's not the best movie, but it doesnt make it bad. And Elsa is awesome BTW.

- Bald cats.

MLP related: 

- King Sombra, he was a really good and intelligent villain.

- Every hated episode of season 3, and also season 3.

- Putting Your Hoof Down.

• Brohoof 1

- The finale of How I Met your Mother. If you think what happened in that episode doesn't make sense then you didn't pay attention to the story.

- Nintendo.

- Rebecca Black, i don't "love" her, but her songs aren't that bad and she has improved her singing a lot.

- Frozen, i know it's not the best movie, but it doesnt make it bad. And Elsa is awesome BTW.

- Bald cats.

MLP related: 

- King Sombra, he was a really good and intelligent villain.

- Every hated episode of season 3, and also season 3.

- Putting Your Hoof Down.

I'm pretty sure alot more people Love Nintendo and Frozen than hate them lol.

I don't know, they both get a lot of hate for unfair reasons.

Regarding King Sombra, He had great potential as a villain but it was unused. He had next to no character development at all. And only like what...5 lines? Even The Ice King from Adventure Time got more character development than he did...

Regarding King Sombra, He had great potential as a villain but it was unused. He had next to no character development at all. And only like what...5 lines? Even The Ice King from Adventure Time got more character development than he did...

5 lines, and an intelligent and dark plan to keep the crystal heart away of evryone. And character development? Crysalis didn't get that either, the only different thing is the fact that she talked. 

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker... I know that they are both split with the fanbase but these are probably favorate two Zelda games... Wind Waker being my favorite game of all time but I just don't see why people hate these games and I wish they would give them a chance.  >_>

5 lines, and an intelligent and dark plan to keep the crystal heart away of evryone. And character development? Crysalis didn't get that either, the only different thing is the fact that she talked. 

True. And I do agree with you that he is too hated. He really should've gotten more development though. Chrysalis did alot more than he did.

But at least this fixed that even though it's technically fake:

Probably Frozen. I mean, I'm not overly obsessive of it like most people are... but I still love the movie. Elsa is very easy to relate to because of my disabilities and such. I absolutely adore her. <3 I also relate a lot to the song Let it Go as well.

Also, I've never met anyone who hates Nintendo. Maybe that's because I come from a pokemon forum though. XD All of my friends, including my boyfriend, LOVE playing Nintendo as well. Most of my friends who do like Nintendo are Pokemon nerds like me. If anything, the other friends I have who don't play Nintendo are neutral towards it because they've never actually played the systems or the games before.

Wait wait.

Hold on.

I thought everyone LOVED the movie "Frozen".

How come they hate it now?

• Brohoof 1

Haven't done this in a while.

Religion: Not so much I love it, in fact I don't care about it being agnostic. The thing is. the internet seems to have this massive hatred toward it. I don't love it, I just think it gets a bit too much flack mostly for the extremists. I'm one to not judge everyone in it by the extremists. It's the equivalent of an anti brony saying that all bronies are man children. I've met some very nice religious people. Most of my family is religious. Oh, and people seem to focus on the bad things religions have done and ignoring the good things they've done like donate to charity, give people life advice, and make some people have what they find a better life. 

Only if more people thought this way, the internet would be a little less hostile.
  • Brohoof 1

MLP-related:

A lot of "hated" episodes, but especially Simple Ways. One of my favourite episodes of S4 and definitely the funniest - how can you hate anything that gave us Country Rarity, people?! :pout:

Maybe "love" is a bit strong, but Snips and Snails. They're just so consistently awful at everything that they always make me laugh, but I've never seen anything but hate for them.

Seems less hated since Rainbow Rocks came out, but: Equestria Girls. Even some of the dolls (mostly the movie-accurate outfits, as most of the others are pretty ugly).

Non-MLP-related:

Pineapple on pizza, and cheese on chips :wub: everyone I know seems to think both of these are disgusting, but they're my favourites.

Tomodachi Life - again, maybe not "everyone" but all my friends seem to think this is the worst game ever - and yeah, the whole not allowing same-sex relationships thing is bad - but I'm addicted to it, it's so cute and hilariously random. (Or was before Pokemon ORAS took over my life :P)

All the Pokemon games that are obviously aimed at 5 year olds - Pokemon Channel, Pokemon Dash, the Pokepark games for Wii, there's probably more. I play them all and I love them, but it's pretty rare for me NOT to love anything Pokemon :P

Wait wait.

Hold on.

I thought everyone LOVED the movie "Frozen".

How come they hate it now?

Lol indeed. Same goes for Nintendo. I think Sony is a much better example than Nintendo.

Disagree with both on so many levels

- Despite it's popularity, Frozen has gotten a considerable amount of hate on the basis of it's popularity alone. Hell just go to an IGN comment section alone on an article just mentioning the name and watch all of the rage

- Especially after the unveiling of the Xbox One, Sony and the PS4  is often treated as the Second Coming of Jesus with Sony being praised as a Holy Messiah

Disagree with both on so many levels

- Despite it's popularity, Frozen has gotten a considerable amount of hate on the basis of it's popularity alone. Hell just go to an IGN comment section alone on an article just mentioning the name and watch all of the rage

- Especially after the unveiling of the Xbox One, Sony and the PS4  is often treated as the Second Coming of Jesus with Sony being praised as a Holy Messiah

How come Nintendo did so much better at the E3 conference then? And still Frozen was a smash hit. According to what I heard it's done just as well as the Lion King.

• Brohoof 1

How come Nintendo did so much better at the E3 conference then? And still Frozen was a smash hit. According to what I heard it's done just as well as the Lion King.

Because they actually showed gameplay :P 

tbf that doesn't really say anything, as Sony's conference was still very well received(I don't know how or why though. And I love Sony)

And as for Frozen being a smash hit, that doesn't really say anything either. Call of Duty is always a smash hit, and yet you still have tons of people vehemently slamming it simply on the basis that "it's overrated"(I that fucking word so much). And the same undoubtedly applies to Frozen   

• Brohoof 1

True. And I do agree with you that he is too hated. He really should've gotten more development though. Chrysalis did alot more than he did.

But at least this fixed that even though it's technically fake:

Show: No-nonsense trapmaster who died roaring in defiance.

FOTCE: Generic overconfident monologuer who suddenly became NMM's b***h.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...