Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

• 4 weeks later...

Valentine's Day. I can understand why many would see it as "Singles Awareness Day", but I see it as a day where your loved ones, whether friends or family, can be let known that you love them all. Sides, I also love the stories that the mature couples have to share about their love for each other. 

• Brohoof 1

Mushrooms! I love me some mushrooms, but everyone else I know seems to hate them, or at least they don't think they're as wonderful as I do. Mushrooms are my only essential topping on pizza, and I think they make most other dishes better too. Why is there so little love for these guys? ;_;

• Brohoof 6

- FIFA Games: Not many members here like this franchise and they express their dislike by saying it's just people chasing a ball around. Also, it's one of the only games I tend to play nowadays and it's the type of games I grew up playing.

- Pop Punk music: I wouldn't consider myself a fan of it but I like how catchy it is.

- Frozen: Sure the fact that the film is over-referenced seems to outweigh the goodness of it, but still lots of members here don't seem to like this film. I actually enjoyed this film a lot.

• Brohoof 2

Mushrooms! I love me some mushrooms, but everyone else I know seems to hate them, or at least they don't think they're as wonderful as I do. Mushrooms are my only essential topping on pizza, and I think they make most other dishes better too. Why is there so little love for these guys? ;_;

I used to hate mushrooms when I was younger.

Not sure what changed, but all I know is that I love them now. :)

Edited by GLaD0S
  • Brohoof 1

Sims 2. There! I said it! Sims 2. Yeah, sure, it was nice back when everyone was getting into it for the first time and there were tons of fans I could share that interest with but now, years later, and with the introduction of Sims 4 already, pretty much everyone's run off to be part of that brand new fad, practically totally abandoning that old version of the game.

It was the same thing with the original Sims. As soon as 2 came out everyone was running off to that and most abandoned the original Sims fandom.

Then 3 came out and pretty much everyone did the same thing until, after a couple of years, people began discovering just how much S3 really sucked and some started coming back to S2. So! there's S4 and everybody's running off to that, now.

Why do I keep doing the Sims 2 thing? Simple! I've got over 80 gigabytes of custom content that I've gathered up over the years, a whole lot (probably about a third) I created, myself.

I tried S3 and didn't like it because: pudding faces! (Oh, man, those stock sims were ugly! Yikes!) Plus, not a whole lot of custom content (at the time I tried it), very glitchy and picky about what vid cards it'll run on. I have a top-of-the-line nVidia GTX card with far more than enough memory to run it but it's S3 is still not compatible with my most excellent vid card!

Oh, and I don't know if a whole lot of people like it but that was my impression when it came out but TWILIGHT! ACK! I hate it! I mean, really! Who really wants to see sparkly vampires? To me that's really goofy. True Blood is so much better but, then, anything's better than Twilight. LOL (Yeah, yeah, I'm probably going to get a ton of hate from those who actually love Twilight but such is the price I pay for being myself.

The Legend of Korra (and Korra herself) - I'm one of the few that actually likes it more than The Last Airbender. Maybe not that many people hate it, but there is a very impassioned and vocal group that does. What's frustrating is most of these people are blinded by their nostalgia of the original series and decided they hated Korra before they even watched it. What really bothers me is when people make unjustified personal attacks on Korra herself - I've seen some very unkind things said.

I'll start with MLP, but that one is obvious.

I like music classified as 'emo' which many people assure is me extremely gay. I'm talking about bands like My Chemical Romance and Black Veil Brides here.

On a similar note I also like Nickelback and Tokio Hotel.

I like chess (even though I suck at it), which receives far too much hate sometimes.

I like single-player games.

That's about it, really. In any case it's all I can think of.

• Brohoof 2

Mushrooms! I think they're lovely to mix with plenty of food, especially bolognese.  :fluttershy:  Whats everyone got against mushrooms? A few tainted types of mushroom out there have spoiled the whole bunch for everybody it seems..

• Brohoof 2

A lot of videogames. I just don't get the cynicism that seems to surround the gaming community lately. Most games are awesome.

Animes dubbed by 4Kids TV. Honestly they really aren't near as bad as people say they are. And I see no reason to dislike or hate them.

This, intensely. Especially Ultimate Muscle, Kirby, Pokemon, and definitely TMNT. All wonderful jobs.

• Brohoof 2

Animes dubbed by 4Kids TV. Honestly they really aren't near as bad as people say they are. And I see no reason to dislike or hate them.

lol, admittedly I still love and enjoy their Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh dubs, while Sonic X was a bit of a guilty pleasure

Edited by Godot
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know about the ones aside from One Piece, but I have every reason to hate the 4Kids One Piece dub. They literally butchered every single thing about it, and stunted the success of One Piece in the US for years. As if One Piece didn't already have the detractor of how long it is, most of my friends still mock it because of what they saw in the 4Kids dub - they won't give it a chance beyond that.

Sims 2. There! I said it! Sims 2. Yeah, sure, it was nice back when everyone was getting into it for the first time and there were tons of fans I could share that interest with but now, years later, and with the introduction of Sims 4 already, pretty much everyone's run off to be part of that brand new fad, practically totally abandoning that old version of the game.

It was the same thing with the original Sims. As soon as 2 came out everyone was running off to that and most abandoned the original Sims fandom.

Then 3 came out and pretty much everyone did the same thing until, after a couple of years, people began discovering just how much S3 really sucked and some started coming back to S2. So! there's S4 and everybody's running off to that, now.

Why do I keep doing the Sims 2 thing? Simple! I've got over 80 gigabytes of custom content that I've gathered up over the years, a whole lot (probably about a third) I created, myself.

I tried S3 and didn't like it because: pudding faces! (Oh, man, those stock sims were ugly! Yikes!) Plus, not a whole lot of custom content (at the time I tried it), very glitchy and picky about what vid cards it'll run on. I have a top-of-the-line nVidia GTX card with far more than enough memory to run it but it's S3 is still not compatible with my most excellent vid card!

Ah yes, I was completely loyal to The Sims 2 for quite some time, but in time I was sold to the goodness of The Sims 3. The story progression and open world just really fit my style of play in the series. However, I always hated how they turned community lots into rabbitholes. Back in the old days I was more of a builder, and not being able to build stores and restaurants made me sad.

...But The Sims 3 is a good game in the end. Even if EA's greed took over full-force and split the content up from several different sources, of which one would have to spend immeasurable amounts of money to have a complete game. (Back in TS1 and TS2 I had a sense of accomplishment for owning them in whole, could never get that with TS3 since I'm not rich. >.>)

OMG the video card issues, though... I built a new computer specifically to be able to run TS3 and all EPs perfectly, and... STILL didn't turn out that way (although it runs almost perfectly). This is why I hate PC gaming... >.<

Don't know that I get what you're saying with the community, though. Most did accept The Sims 2, and that was my favorite time in the community - oh, how I miss those days! But with TS3 the community became more fractured and a large amount of negativity (grounded in reality, really) formed. Then there's The Sims 4, which has finally fractured the community beyond repair. Don't think that everyone has jumped onto "the new fad". EA, unfortunately, has their loyal-to-death fans which seem to enjoy whatever product EA slops out regardless of quality, but there are plenty of us out there who do not accept The Sims 4. A long-time fan since the days of TS1, I put a stop with the end of TS3. Not only will I not pay for The Sims 4, but I won't even play it. I'm serious, I would not take it even if EA gave it to me for free. I'm not getting caught in their money-making schemes anymore... At least not with such an unrepairably stagnant, shoddy product as that.

Oh my... What a rant... I think I need to go to sleep. xD

Edited by Envy

The rain; provided I don't have to keep something important dry, of course...  :please:

Practically every 'bad' episode of MLP; I enjoy everything pretty much, even though I still have my preferences :catface:

Nintendo; I'm not a fan of the idea that unrealistic=bad =/

• Brohoof 2

I don't know about the ones aside from One Piece, but I have every reason to hate the 4Kids One Piece dub. They literally butchered every single thing about it, and stunted the success of One Piece in the US for years. As if One Piece didn't already have the detractor of how long it is, most of my friends still mock it because of what they saw in the 4Kids dub - they won't give it a chance beyond that.

I do agree with you about One Piece. But I watched most of the other stuff on 4kids and actually liked it alot. I love their dubs of Pokemon and Yugioh.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Non-MLP related

Vegetables! Including brussel sprouts. :)

Twilight (books and movies) is fine IMO. I haven't met a single person in my life who doesn't despise it.

Books... so many people say they're boring and obsolete.

Girly stuff. It's 2015; it's not cool to endlessly hate the color pink, dresses, make-up, etc! I've always wanted to paint my nails but my family thinks it's too dumb and girly (even though I'm a girl...)

Children. Everywhere I go I see people hating on children and babies when ADULTS are the ones killing people, abusing animals, etc

MLP related:

The old My Little Pony Tales cartoon and the G1 movie.

Trenderhoof; I think he's an amusing character

The CMC Theme song; I know it's supposed to be bad but it sounds great to me XD

The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: Why does everyone hate this episode? It's one of my favorites.  :(

Super Smash Bros Brawl: After seriously getting into Smash Bros I can see that it's pretty much the worst in the series, however I don't think it deserves as much hate as it gets. Subspace was fun!

Pac-Man in Smash 4: I think he's a great inclusion, I don't get why anyone would hate him.

The Wii U: While I know I'm a Nintendo fangirl, I still think the Wii U is a great console.

Edited by Infinite901
  • Brohoof 1