Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well: Why does everyone hate this episode? It's one of my favorites.  :(

Super Smash Bros Brawl: After seriously getting into Smash Bros I can see that it's pretty much the worst in the series, however I don't think it deserves as much hate as it gets. Subspace was fun!

Pac-Man in Smash 4: I think he's a great inclusion, I don't get why anyone would hate him.

The Wii U: While I know I'm a Nintendo fangirl, I still think the Wii U is a great console.

Brawl gets hate? Since when? lol

Brawl gets hate? Since when? lol

From Melee fans mostly. Brawl removed all the competitive-level maneuvers and the odd physics of Melee. (wavedashing, crouchdancing, L-canceling, etc.) and they added tripping, which randomly makes people trip and become vulnerable in the middle of a fight.

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Yes, it's not as polished as the recent Wii U and 3DS games, not to mention Melee, but I've sank over 300 hours into Brawl when the Wii was relevant. It'll always have a special place in me.

From Melee fans mostly. Brawl removed all the competitive-level maneuvers and the odd physics of Melee. (wavedashing, crouchdancing, L-canceling, etc.) and they added tripping, which randomly makes people trip and become vulnerable in the middle of a fight.

I never noticed that.

I hate Super Smash Bros. in general. They're way too hard for me. Especially Melee. I get my ass kicked by the new characters and can't even unlock them. And the concept is just terrible to me. Fighting games are supposed to be about depleting your opponent's health bar not making them fall to their death. And I seem to be horrible at that cuz I'll die with like 80 damage while my opponent still lives with like 250 damage...

The most obvious one is Diamond Tiara (and Silver Spoon); I think they're absolutely adorable. Aside from that, I also love competitive forums like the battledome(it's practically my gospel), which in my experience people tend to hate or avoid. Oh, and shipping, if it happens to be good. I've seen people work some absolutely wonderful ships that I never thought would work out, like ApplePie, and Mauxie.

Also:

Pac-Man in Smash 4: I think he's a great inclusion, I don't get why anyone would hate him.

I absolutely love Pac-Man. The fire hydrant is a relatively new concept, and a lot of fun to use. My biggest issue with 4 is that Duck Hunt is basically a Snake re-color, only more obnoxious with an even more iconic and annoying taunt.

If it's video game related, and everyone hates it, I probably like it. The most common example is Sonic 06. Sure, it's broken and the loading times make you wanna kill someone but I thought a lot of the ideas that came out of it were amazing and it was, for all intents and purposes, the next Sonic Adventure game.

One of my favorite features in that game, which is actually one of the things people hate most about it, is the mach sections. I'm 99% certain that these evolved into the boost gameplay we know from the Sonic Unleashed era of games. So you can imagine that I also like the boost gameplay even though there's a LOT of people who hate that as well.

Come to think of it, people just seem to hate Sonic games these days, particularly in the 06/Unleashed era. Oh well. I will love all things Sonic until the day I die. *Looks at Knuckles plushie hanging a few feet away from my computer* :lol::wub:

This. I have a love-hate relationship with this game.

I have to agree with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Yes, it's not as polished as the recent Wii U and 3DS games, not to mention Melee, but I've sank over 300 hours into Brawl when the Wii was relevant. It'll always have a special place in me.

I second(thrid?) Brawl, plus it still has my main man Snake

• Brohoof 3

Wii U (Better graphics than Xbone's 720 p max, better framerate than ps4, more than "Gritty Griity Bang-Bang" and "Zombie Killer 9001" in its games library, not to mention it's the only console that can actually do stuff an unmodified PC can't. Come at me, internet... Yes, even you and your so-called "PC Master race"!)

Flat Soda (Less fizz = more flavor)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (It was different, it was hard, but who cares? It was fun!)

Shadow the Hedgehog (It was as entertaining as "Birdemic: Shock and Awe" in terms of story. Sometimes stupid, bad, over the top movies are the best! And Shadow had all that as well as actually fun gameplay.... unlike Riide to Hell: Retribution, which was only funny to watch. Not to play.)

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

Carrot Raison Salad & spinach.  Loved them both even as a kid & I have been told that the spinach thing is a minor mutation.

Speaking of minor mutations, I liked 30 Something TV show (for those of you old enough to remember.  1 of the characters died & everyone was 1 down, 4 to go!)

I really REALLY don't think Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a good example at all...Everywhere I go I see people rant and rave about how great that damn game is...I'm sick of it.

I don't know about the ones aside from One Piece, but I have every reason to hate the 4Kids One Piece dub. They literally butchered every single thing about it, and stunted the success of One Piece in the US for years. As if One Piece didn't already have the detractor of how long it is, most of my friends still mock it because of what they saw in the 4Kids dub - they won't give it a chance beyond that.

You do realize that there is also a Funimation Dub too right?

I really REALLY don't think Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a good example at all...Everywhere I go I see people rant and rave about how great that damn game is...I'm sick of it.

Trust us, a lot of fans, especially Melee fanboys and tourneyplayers, hate and rag on Brawl for not being the same thing as Melee 

You do realize that there is also a Funimation Dub too right?

I don't know, I have to agree with her on the 4kids dub. It really did a lot to damage One Piece in the west. Even with the Funimation dub, the damage is still their. Honestly aside from Pokemon, Kirby and maybe Yu Gi Oh, I always felt that the criticisms towards several 4kids dubs were justified

I don't know, I have to agree with her on the 4kids dub. It really did a lot to damage One Piece in the west. Even with the Funimation dub, the damage is still their. Honestly aside from Pokemon, Kirby and maybe Yu Gi Oh, I always felt that the criticisms towards several 4kids dubs were justified

Yeah 4kids did butcher One Piece pretty badly. But I was still ok with their version.

The characters in Melee were a BITCH to unlock...And what makes it even harder on me is that nobody else shares my frustration with those games...I just barely got all the characters in Brawl. But in Melee I only got Jigglypuff and had to use cheat codes to get all the other ones cuz I kept getting my ass handed to me by them all in like 10 seconds each time...

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread just to say..

Sonic Lost World - It's been given rather mediocre and poor reviews, and while I agree the story is pretty bad and it's a bit more gimmicky, I feel it's designed pretty well, and really fun to play, and that's coming from someone that's only played the 3DS version so far. In fact, I think it's much better than both the Adventure games combined. Hell, I'd probably say it's in my Top 5 Sonic games.

Also, the FPS genre. Sure, they seem to get a little overused, but I feel there are tons of good FPS games like DooM and Team Fortress 2 out there. Heck, even Call of Duty has it's moments.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd

Lots of my friends think cod is better and Mario sucks and should die.

Jeez if your friends are that stupid they should get a life

I mean yeah I play a bit too many video games but at least I can see a good game

Edited by Clyobate

I'll admit this with no guilt.

MySims games. I have every single MySims game and when I was younger, I played them like there was no tomorrow. I still sometimes load up an old save or make a new game. I just can't help myself. If you have seen PBG's reviews for MySims, that's basically everyone who I came across and often get teased about it.

Edited by Januaree
  • Brohoof 1

Bad puns, the cheesier it is the better! Those kinds of puns can just about always put a smile on my face, and many can even make me laugh :lol: I just love puns in general.

*edit* Also like others have said, Wii/Wii U. Nintendo deserves the good business, they listen to their fans and offer the most fun console in my opinion. Games are more about fun rather than competition and violent things. As far as I know they don't pull any DLC or micro transaction nonsense that everyone else seems to be doing. If anyone deserves support by gamers. Its Nintendo.

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

MLP, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, Equestria Girls, Bugs/insects including spiders, rats/mice, all animals, Wii, DS, Mario, Nintendo as a whole, etc

Also sharks. I freaking love sharks.

Since when are these things everyone seems to hate? :blink: