Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleeping alone

tripfly

I have shared a room with my bro for some part of my life and when he got his own room, it was kinda weird. With time I got used to it. Can't really tell if I slept better then or now but sleeping by yourself isn't bad at all in the world we live in. I'll fall asleep easily in pretty much any situation if I'm sleepy. Light never bothers me and if a sound is loud, I just put in some earbuds and listen to music.

• Brohoof 1

I slept with my mom for a while when I grew up because we only had one bed.

So I find sleeping with someone comforting.

However, sleeping with someone can make the bed a whole lot warmer, and you have to mind where your feet and arms are so you aren't invading the other person's private space.

For the most part, I prefer to sleep alone, cause I love to lay spread-eagle for a while before I curl up to go to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

I've never slept in the same bed as another person, except for one time at a sleepover with some friends (there wasn't enough room for everyone to have sleeping bags). I have a really weird sleep schedule though, so it's probably for the best. XD I've always thought it would be nice to sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend though, and wake up right next to him...

Anyway, I usually have a pillow in my bed to throw my arm around, since it's more comfortable for me that way :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Edited by Darky

Can't say it's difficult for me, as I'm obsessive compulsive and have an aversion to touch. xD  And I've been sleeping on a couch for many many years now; those don't allow for a +1 type of situation, normally.  Think I...  Slept with a toy robot and a plush T-rex.  When I was a kid, I mean.  Maybe I'll eventually buy a Rainbow Dash plush, because I haven't sufficiently creeped people out as it is lol.  My mind has a tendency to not shut up, and sleepy-time is usually the time that negative thoughts most aggressively assault me.  Unless I'm dead tired, I'll probably lie there awake for a good while.

I've slept in the same bed as my brother ever since I was 6.
We've never had money so we had to make due with that we have.

People think that it's weird.
We're not f*cking or anything, you a$$hole.

I hate when people more fortunate than you (in terms of finances or the like) are too stupid or lacking in empathy to appreciate that not everyone has it as good as they do.  My brother had to share a bed with my mom when he was younger, and there was this one [insert whatever expletive you want] that felt the need to imply certain things about it.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I find it hard. I sleep with a Rainbow Dash plushie and when she's in the wash for the night, I feel very lonely indeed.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

I'm just as comfortable with someone else as alone, so long as they don't snore.  >_>

When I sleep alone, I make liberal use of the space available to me, sometimes waking up to find that my covers are a total mess and my pillow is in an awkward position. After waking up with someone else, I find that I subconsciously respected their space and didn't destroy the bed. Sleeping in the same bed someone else, even a stranger, doesn't really bother me. Sleeping by myself is no more or less comforting. I can understand why some others would have a preference though and how they would find it difficult to sleep under different circumstances than they're accustomed to.

• Brohoof 1

If any ladies here want someone to sleep with, I have a comfy bed. ^^

Well, I figure it's worth a shot, right?

No.  No it wasn't.

I'm just as comfortable with someone else as alone, so long as they don't snore.  >_>

So...Applejack is out?

So...Applejack is out?

For Applejack, I'll make an exception. I can get enough sleep the day before to snuggle with her the following night and not sleep at all. ^^

I remember back when I had my first serious gf... It was the most amazing thing having her curled up beside me, and I never have gotten another good sleep without her. After we broke up I got rid of all the plushies she gave me of Pikachu and Charmander and the like, but some nights I really wish I hadn't... So trust me, you aren't alone dude, a lot of us wish we still had something beside us when we sleep... Though she always did complain about me being fidgety   :derp:

I can sleep with or with Chevette in bed with me, but I prefer him there.

I just like sleeping.

I actually find it harder to sleep with someone next to me, knowing every movement I make is going to wake them up and that I don't have free reign to stretch myself. I'm either gonna get a bigass bed or be single the rest of my life. NO COMPROMISE. :lol:

I actually find it harder to sleep with someone next to me, knowing every movement I make is going to wake them up and that I don't have free reign to stretch myself. I'm either gonna get a bigass bed or be single the rest of my life. NO COMPROMISE. :lol:

its funny, this is what make me sleep better with someone. knowing that if I move I may wake them up makes me say in one place and make me fall a sleep faster.

its funny, this is what make me sleep better with someone. knowing that if I move I may wake them up makes me say in one place and make me fall a sleep faster.

I barely sleep if I'm not comfortable. I wake up constantly and never feel rested so I toss and turn until I find the sweet spot.

(edited)

Does anyone ever find it hard to sleep alone, especially after sleeping with a loved one for a long time?

I do, and hell thats why i'm making this thread at 2 am!

After many nights of solitude, I've adapted to spooning my pillow every night.  It has to be the same pillow every night or I can't sleep.

Edited by John

All you people who complain about having to share a bed when you were younger.  :P

We had one bed so my mom and her other kids slept on the bed and i had to sleep on the floor for about 14 years.  And then I got a bed and my sister BROKE IT :eww:  and I had to sleep on the floor again.

Yes.  But I've always been alone.  I just often find it hard to sleep, period.  Often times I just can't turn my brain off.  That's why I'm replying to this post at 6:17am!  (I've been here all night.)

Wow that must suck and be awesome at the same time!

How do you try and go to sleep? And do you feel tired in the day?