Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleeping alone

tripfly

It can get a bit lonely sometimes, but hey I get to fidget as much as I want without disturbing anyone! :D 

I don't mind, although I don't really consider myself to sleep alone, since I'm always snuggled up against my Build A Bear Rarity plushie :D

#LivingTheDream ;)

Funny how I was scared of sleeping alone when I was a small child and now I just kinda find it anoying having to share my room when we have visitors but mostly because my brother that I usualy have to share with talks in his sleep.

Sleeping alone is awesome. You get to do whatever you want. I find sleeping with someone especially with my sister kinda awkward.

True that, sir. I agree completely with your points. Whenever I sleep alone (always) I usually cand do some awesome stuff by myself!

Wow that must suck and be awesome at the same time!

How do you try and go to sleep? And do you feel tired in the day?

Lol.  Um, well actually I tend to stay up later and later, then sleep later and later.  So right now I've been going to bed around 8am and sleeping until about 4pm.  Eventually it will rotate back around and I'll be diurnal again.  My problem is that the Earth's day just isn't long enough for me to feel tired.  I wish the day was about 36 hours long.  I think I would work best with being awake for 24 hours, then asleep for 12.  So that's why I tend to procrastinate at going to bed.

No. Even when I was sharing a bed with someone, they hogged up precious room and we both used to end up on the floor. Sure, it was good for an early morning romp when we woke up, but after the fifth or sixth time of your skull cracking on the floor, you start getting pissed.

I vastly prefer sleeping on my own, though I do miss the warmness and lovey-dovey feelings, and all the hugging and cuddling.....

Thanks, TC, now I feel lonely.

Lol. Um, well actually I tend to stay up later and later, then sleep later and later. So right now I've been going to bed around 8am and sleeping until about 4pm. Eventually it will rotate back around and I'll be diurnal again. My problem is that the Earth's day just isn't long enough for me to feel tired. I wish the day was about 36 hours long. I think I would work best with being awake for 24 hours, then asleep for 12. So that's why I tend to procrastinate at going to bed.

I have often wish for it to work this way my self.

I would probably sleep better alone because then I won't wake up with stiff shoulders from trying desperately to hang on to the blankets nor be woken up by a fist in the chest in case I start snoring.

I used to take naps with my dad and brother but other than that for the most part I have slept alone. I am 6 feet tall and weight 315 pounds so if I am going to sleep with anyone I am going to need a fairly large bed and I tend to prefer my mattresses to be firm. The closest thing I have now to sleeping with someone else is sleeping with my pony plushies.

I reeeeeally hate sleeping with other people. I'll happily share a room on couches or whatever if I'm drunk, because I'll fall asleep quickly in a sweet haze of inebriation. But I've discovered I have an absurdly hard time sharing a bed. I feel like I can't move because I'll wake the other person, especially if said person is a cuddler because noooo, piss off, I need place when I sleep. I toss and turn finding that 'sweet spot' for at least 30 minutes before I actually drift off. If I wind up with a long-term partner at some point, I'll need a huge bed.

Ironically, I usually share my bed with a cat and a chihuahua, but I don't particularly care about accidentally waking them.

For all the people that say they get the blanket or sheet stolen by the other person, what my ex GF used to do was make the bed with two sheets, that way we could both wrap our self up with out taking away from the other person. also it would great as a heat shield from the other person (I give off a lot of heat)

I found it much harder to sleep beside a person then alone. Probably to do with my various joint problems that mean I have to stretch out and have nothing touching my legs otherwse I'm in pain.. heh.

Though I don't sleep so well without the background noise of the dog snoring somewhere in the room so does that count? :P

Lol.  Um, well actually I tend to stay up later and later, then sleep later and later.  So right now I've been going to bed around 8am and sleeping until about 4pm.  Eventually it will rotate back around and I'll be diurnal again.  My problem is that the Earth's day just isn't long enough for me to feel tired.  I wish the day was about 36 hours long.  I think I would work best with being awake for 24 hours, then asleep for 12.  So that's why I tend to procrastinate at going to bed.

Man I know how you feel :)

Honestly though, I used to be like that and how I fixed it was a forced myself to drop everything at just lie in bed trying to sleep. It's actually supposed to take 10 mins to fall asleep for a normal non tired person, but we are all so used to just collapsing that we think we are not tired and stop trying :P

Ive forced myself into this pattern and now I sleep regularly. Tho if I could never sleep I would be so happy! So much to do, so little time :/

i sleep a lot more easily alone than with anyone else.

don't get me wrong, i enjoy sleeping in the same bed as a lass, just snuggling and whatnot, but it's never as good of a nights sleep as when im alone :/

Sleeping is extremely hard for me. As we all know, when we are all are about to sleep our minds go wild. I get constant reminders of how alone I am and what I lost. Kinda ridiculous if you think about it, but being an outcast slowly eats you away. It can even affect sleep. There are people in this world who prefer solitude, but no one who can withstand it...

I don't find it hard to sleep when I'm alone at all! :) Mostly because I've always slept alone... Excuse me for a moment. *leaves room*

I'M SO LONELY!!!!!!!! *sobs*

*enters room* Anyway, no, I don't have trouble sleeping alone, though it makes me sad sometimes being alone :/

• Brohoof 2

I sleep alone all the time and it does not really hurt me personally. But I won't lie, I sometimes wish I was hugging with someone (especially after watching/playing something that is just scary.. ). Besides all-night-long chats and stuff like that are fun too. Whenever I was with my friends on a vacation somewhere we spent at least half of night on random even most stupid chats instead of sleeping. We were later like zombies, but regretted nothing xD 

So yeah... I guess sleeping with someone would be nicer than being alone. But it's not THAT necesarry, at least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the kind of person who can't sleep without cuddling on something, so I have a large pillow that I use as a substitute for the lack of real person. 

Being alone doesn't bother me, but I just can not get comfortable just laying there by myself.

I'm scared of sleeping alone I have to have atleast 1 other person in the room with me.

I sleep with my mom when I have a nightmare or a weird/creepy dream. for petes sake i'm almost an adult!!!

I have tried sleeping with a teddy and that has worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i think i can see why it can be bothersome, getting used to. It feels a little different at first. Got used to it because i'm a night person (used to working / studying late), and i fall asleep easily when i feel exhausted.