Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleeping alone

tripfly

I like sleeping alone, lets me sprawl out and act uncouth. Ah, the blissful snores and plain uglyness of my sleep.

I also don't mind sleeping next to someone else I guess. I have a full sized bed so whenever I have friends spend the night we'll just sleep in my bed. Well, if it's only one other person. If it's more than one into the living room we go.

I feel really cramped sharing a bed. I like to have as much room as possible. .-.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 2

I am incredibly fidgety, I seriously cannot keep my bed straight, because everytime I wake up in the morning, my bed is usually a mess.

I've hardly slept with anyone really though, besides my brother for a while when my dad got his first house, and we didn't have enough rooms, it makes me selfconcious of my fidgeting when sleeping with someone else in the bed though, because I don't want to annoy them, I just get really paranoid with trying not to annoy people in general ;p.

I remember when we use to have our old dog, he was a big dog, and while we didn't let him back in the back of the house where my room was for a while, we did eventually, and he would come in my room and jump up on my bed and sleep at the end of the bed, it was both nice in a way to have him there, but also in another way he made me again selfconcious of my fidgeting, because I was afraid if I fidgeted enough he'd just leave ;p.

But I don't normally sleep with anyone else in the bed. 

Although sometimes, I take one of my pillows and hug it like someone else is there to cuddle with... *Cries Softly*

The last person I slept with was my sister.

LOL, that sounds sooooooooo wrong. I don't mean it that way, though. xD

I guess I just have a dirty mind. *shrug*

I was staying in a hotel with her and my parents, and there were only two beds. I didn't want to sleep on the floor, and there was no couch. Neither of us had much of a choice. I remember putting up a "wall" of pillows between us, sleeping sideways on the bed, and hogging all the sheets. Good times.

The last time I slept in the same room with someone was about two months ago. I was on a fishing trip with my cousin, and we were staying in a condo. We each had our own bed, though. I kinda like that... it's always nice to have someone to talk to before I try to sleep. And, it's nice not having to share a bed.

But if sharing a bed means I get to sleep with someone I love in my arms, I'd much prefer that.

Although sometimes, I take one of my pillows and hug it like someone else is there to cuddle with... *Cries Softly*

You can hug me if you're cool with that. Just as long as you don't smell bad. :P

But yeah, I know that feeling. I do that too. All too often I used to hug a pillow and pretend I was hugging someone. Now I have a Nala plushie that serves the same purpose. I hold her tight every night, and I've grown so used to it by now that it's hard to sleep without her.

I can't even believe I'm going to say this, but... back when I was really depressed, I had days when I wouldn't even get out of bed. I'd just hug my plushie from dawn until dusk, occasionally crying on either her or the pillow. Ugh. Bad memories... but she brought me more comfort than anyone ever did at the time. I'm actually hugging her right now, as I'm typing this with my laptop on my bed.

I've also started developing this habit of talking to Luna before I sleep (though actually it's more like one-sided mindspeak). All these things make sleeping alone a little less lonely.

Edited by Regulus

• 1 month later...

Not really..

With or without someone, once my head touches my pillow (or any pillow, for that matter), I INSTANTLY fall to sleep. No. Matter. What.

post-18984-0-36150800-1415581401.gif

While I haven't been married, I have been in relationships in which I slept in the same bed with someone for a few nights.

Sleeping with someone else is much more different than sleeping alone in my opinion.

I prefer to sleep alone myself. Other people can snore or fidget or just lack bedside manners.

Yeah I've got this problem. It's not even necessarily an attachment to the other person as it is their warmth and presence. Like I just need another body next to mine to sleep.

So, hypothetically you could sleep with just about anyone? Sorry you set me up for it. :lol:

Does anyone ever find it hard to sleep alone, especially after sleeping with a loved one for a long time?

I do, and hell thats why i'm making this thread at 2 am!

I completely agree with you.

It feels so cold...

I prefer to sleep alone myself. Other people can snore or fidget or just lack bedside manners.So, hypothetically you could sleep with just about anyone? Sorry you set me up for it. :lol:

Eh, you're not wrong. I have a preference for body type, but yes. I will sleep next to just about anyone.

Well yes and no... No because I've been sleeping alone for years and I've only ever shared a bed with either my parents after a nightmare, my friends at a sleepover, or my brother/cousin when he or she was little

But I recently found I sleep better if I have pillows piled up next to me like a person... And if I sleep laying on said "person"... So in a way yes I would have trouble sleeping alone... With no pillows...

Perhaps something can be said about the social nature of human(and equine) beings and the desire most of us have for physical intimacy. I wouldnt be surprised if it partially stems from an infantile instinct for sleeping near others we are close to as well as a social trait that encourages monogamous behaviour.

When it comes to real world equines they normally live, eat and sleep in herds but the ponies in Equestrian society seem to have adopted a nuclear family structure. The only time we've seen two ponies sleeping together in a bed(CANONICALLY) was in episode eight 'Look before you sleep', and that initially didn't go over very well.

post-30550-0-14558700-1415664065_thumb.png

Yeah it kind of bummed me out when after a couple months of sleeping next to him we had to be separated for a trip one night. Although I can usually take naps alone pretty easily especially if I'm tired. If it's dark out though it's more comforting to have him there while I sleep. Although before I moved in with him I had a wall of plushies that took up half my bed.

Sometimes I have had a problem going to sleep, though it rarely has to do with being lonely. It's usually having too much caffeine or there's something else on my mind that I can't stop thinking about. There have been times where thinking about being lonely caused me to lose sleep, but I'm used to it and probably got over most of it.