Whenever I look back at my college career I'm amazed that I keep pushing through all the nonsense classes and getting on with it. There have been time where it seemed like I was in the worst place, and that nothing would be better. It was times like those I had to just take it a day at a time, and roll with what life threw my way. Focusing on the small joys and delights that came once a week in the form on online game night, or in a little treat for a test well done. It was rough, and it took awhile, but I'm nearly half way through it all. Just have to keep on keeping on.
Whether or not that can apply to what's going on in the big wide world with you is your call.
- Show previous comments 2 more
@WWolf I can agree with that. I more so mean that I have both of those mindsets poking at me. Part of me knows I have to plan for the future, while another part of me needs to remain focused on the task at hand that's due in the short term. Switching between those two modes of thinking just wears me down. And yeah, the old days of taking it all as it was 100% of the time and letting the adults make the decisions are missed a bit by me as well. Though the freedom I now have in the time I do get outside of study and work is nice.
@Rebel Brony 42 I know some seniors that are going into graduate school. I'm not sure how I'd handle it when I'm already eager to shoot out the gate and get on with my career. And based on all the stuff I hear from others, the math I've done, life after college does seem like it will be better and less busy (since the time it takes to work part time plus do school sometimes is more than a 40 hour work week).
@Rebel Brony 42 Yeah. The two guys I know are looking to go the academic route, which seems like it would suit them well based on the interests they've shared, but I'm not about that ^^;
I can explain a concept, but I can't devote myself to teaching it and researching. Plus, that seems a lot more "locked in", and I've always felt like I want my career to be a bit more fluid incase I want to switch jobs later down the line.
Oh boy, just remembered I had an account on here after being so busy with a boatload of college classes. Might try to make something in the coming month, or at the very least post about some tabletop stuff I have run/tabletop characters I hope to run for a MLP pony campaign a friend of mine will be running hopefully soon. I have so many character ideas, it's not even funny ^^;
Thanks! The program did a lot of the heavy lifting for me, so it was mainly getting layout and such correct. I tried to get some references for the royal throne room, and while I did get some good images, the program does not yet have enough assets to make as detailed scenes as I would have liked. As for the show style, that's something I've long since abandoned, as most online maps are in a variety of styles, none of which ever seem to match up with the character icons sadly. I'll see if there are better throne assets, as there were a few that were larger and more stone looking.
Found this new program called DungeonDraft, a map making program for tabletop games, and figured I'd take a look at it. Below is what I made in my first hour or so of idly making a map of the Canterlot Throne room. I'm loving it so far, and will probably be making more maps of locations in the show and putting them up on here if I get the time. The next game I hope to run is in the Royal Palace, so any suggestion for rooms that would fit are appreciated.
Got Hearts of Iron IV a few days ago on a friend's suggestion. The main selling point he had for me was the fact that their was an MLP mod for it, and it did not disappoint. Spent about three or four hours playing with him, wherein I acted like an Almux inspired Celestia, while he was a meek Chrysalis that had to explain the basic concepts of the game to me. Suffice to say, Bug Butt was a big nerd in the scenario.
This was the same guy from the Derpy's Reunion tabletop RP I wrote about awhile back, here, and this gaming session really highlighted out love of story and characters. We were in character for most of the time, and got some heartfelt interactions between Chrysi and Tia. We established as an alternate universe setting due to how we where working together. (Side note, when war can be declared, he and I are literally the two major super powers of the realm, so we'll squash everypony else.)
He late sent me this image, and I whole heartedly agreed with him. x3
I might write something on FIM Fic about it if I get the time. Until then, have a nerdy Chrysi
So, just a straightforward question that I'm trying to get some opinions on. I've started recording pony themed tabletop sessions when I run them, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how many segments they should be cut up into. On average, a single session lasts about 4 hours, and I've already made the mistake of posting the first session in its entirety. My current idea is cutting it into about 1 hour long snippets, while trying to make sure I get it at a moment that gives the viewers a "cliff hanger" type vibe. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Hope others are having an enjoyable end to the middle of the week on this Thursday evening. The only thing that could ruin this is if there was some sort of- zounds! Is that... Can it be?!
It is! It's none other than Dan "Gansley" Ponie! The wild magic firing, three bronze medal winning, criminal investigator that has the most impeccable criminal catching routine in all of Equestria! You should have seen how crazy things got when he bored those bandit ponies to tears with his nonsensical ranting about his sports career.
But oh no! It seems his wild magic is at it again! Randomly generate a number between 1 and 60, and see what bellow effect happens with his surge of wild magic!Spoiler
1. Wild Magic Overdrive. Roll 3 more times and all 3 effects hit random targets.
2. Person closest to the target swaps underwear with them.
3. Target's underwear changes to that of the opposite gender.
4. It’s not like the target likes the caster or anything, b-baka!
5. All money on the Targets person turns into Gansleybits. All previously owned Gansleybits burn, dramatically increasing their value.
6. Summon an incompetent detective who is determined to solve the case!
7. Target takes 1d4 emotional damage.
8. Target and all targets adjacent speak like grizzled police detectives for 1d4 turns.
9. Target now needs glasses. If the target has glasses, they now need 3D glasses.
10. Objection! Target has a courtroom breakdown as their lies are revealed!
11. Target must speak as though they are in a presidential debate.
12. Target is convinced they have gorgon powers and will petrify people with a glance.
13. The target is haunted by disembodied studio audience reaction sounds.
14. Target falls in love with the person closest to them.
15. Target can not tell a lie.
16. Target is trapped doing a bad impersonation of the person nearest to them.
17. Target can’t help but answer questions as incorrectly as possible on purpose.
18. You are now wearing a distracting colorful hat. No you cannot take it off.
19. Target becomes convinced they are incredibly knowledgeable about a subject they know nothing about.
20. Target becomes convinced they are a pawn in a massive conspiracy.
21. Target’s life briefly turns into a game show.
22. Target is frozen in time for a round.
23. Suddenly naked!
24. Target is convinced it is Halloween and they need to throw together a costume right now.
25. Confetti falls from the sky endlessly.
26. Target now has a saved crit fail to use as a replacement for any roll they wish.
27. Target now has a saved crit success to use as a replacement for any roll they wish.
28. The next time a target is defeated, a mustache-twirling villain appears out of nowhere to reveal himself as the true villain.
29. Target goes through a magical girl transformation.
30. Target gains the speaking mannerisms of Dan.
31. Target sees everyone in their underwear.
32. Prom is tomorrow! And the target needs to find a date!
33. Target relives their most embarrassing high school moment.
34. Find 5 bits in your coat pocket.
35. Target gains the powers of their Very First Original Character on DeviantTrot™
36. Target is gifted a lovely bouquet of flowers from a secret admirer.
37. Target is convinced they only have 24 hours to solve the big case.
38. Target is convinced an enemy target was once their best friend and the battle is now an “I Know You’re In There Somewhere Fight”.
39. Target must freestyle rap for 20 seconds about the situation at hand.
40. Target can only call their allies by pet names along the lines of “hun” and “dear”
41. Target can only call their enemies by pet names along the lines of “hun” and “dear”
42. Target is now carrying a big cartoon bomb with a lit wick.
43. Target must narrate their next move like an anime villain’s internal monologue.
44. Target can tap dance again like they used to... back in the day.
45. Target gets one free phone call to whoever they like.
46. Target is delivered 6 large pizzas they didn't order.
47. Target and whoever is nearest them switch voices. Players do impersonations.
48. Whenever the target stares at someone they feel intense menace.
49. Target must sarcastically narrate the backstory of a nearby allies as though they hate them.
50. Target is assaulted by memories of wizard high school, whether you attended or not.
51. Target is now totally drenched in water.
52. Target stretches and now occupies two spaces. They look as bad as their icon does.
53. The music switches to something totally unfitting for the situation.
54. Target is now constantly running out of animation budget and has to find inconspicuous ways to save money.
55. Target is convinced they know kung-fu. They do not.
56. A random trapdoor has been placed on the map.
57. Target can briefly see into the future.
58. Target sees everyone as naked but is too embarrassed to admit it.
59. Target receives a shitty christmas present.
60. Target gets a call from their parents telling them that they love them.
The destruction of information seems reasonable. Having one of Equestria's rulers suddenly attempt to overthrow the other, followed by the second being banished isn't exactly a glowing image. Not to mention how such information probably soiled the reputation of the royalty in the social circles when it first happened. Having ponies forget about that would have probably been the only thing that would let Celestia try to move on with her duties. And if she had a hand in making ponies forget about her banished sister, she probably had full reign to make that prophesy herself. Infact, since n
replied to a topic in General DiscussionThanks, happy to be sharing it. I had a blast planning this out and running it for my friend, and like to channel the bottled up excitement a well run session gives me. And if you couldn't tell, I tend to go all out with making handouts and character icons. You should have seen the Roll20 map that was made exclusively for this one-on-one. Not to mention this was edited for brevity, as Raven interacted with a few more characters that didn't quite land right, like the cult in the school basement xD
Awhile back I had the pleasure of running a one-on-one tabletop game with an online friend I made half way through 2019. I had messaged him after seeing some of his stories and art, and interacting with him in the typical way that a consumer interacts with a content creator. Telling him how good his art was, or making a funny quip about a joke in the comments of his story. I had seen several things in his work that indicated he liked tabletop games, so I invited him to a game I was trying to set up. After a bit of talking we hit it off real well, and are in the middle of a joint RP/story writi
This OC is originally from a tabletop pony game that I never got to play due to busy schedules, though I will definitely try to use her more in the future. She's such a dork, and you can bet I would go all out and give her so much supporting material to really sell her academic nature. Name: Ruby Aurora Gender: Female / Mare Sexuality: Straight, though she's never had that presumption tested. Species: Unicorn Height: Average for a mare. Age: Around 26 in human years Appearance: Red / rose color fur Orange mane and tail that transitions to a white tint at the tips Violet / Lave